Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has definitely become very strange...
Brie Larson's feet? Seriously? :lol

Well at this point, it seems the options in this thread are to continue discussing Brie’s hideous feet, or feed the anger of Brie’s cabana boy. Take your pick. :lol

maxresdefault.jpg

Its been awhile since I have seen a true troll here on the freaks board.. I actually forgot what they are like.. Hope to forget again real soon :lol

Last edited:
Just FYI. Captain Marvel box office so far. $1,041,124,192.
How much do these companies make on streaming, DVD and Blue Ray sales? Would that add a couple hundred million dollars?
Besides Endgame and Episode IX is any other movie likely to beat it this year?

Does anyone else find it incredibly ironic and perplexing that this guy is supposedly a fan of superhero films and films that are intended to promote good morals and values, yet he characterizes anyone who simply doesn’t like the same superhero film he does as “people” (aka less than human)?

Exactly what values is he gleaning from these films? Perhaps he relates more to and admires the villains who have a disdain for mankind? (Ultron, Thanos, Ares, etc)? :lol :dunno

How much do these companies make on streaming, DVD and Blue Ray sales? Would that add a couple hundred million dollars?

Spiderman: Far from Home, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2, GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS. Just to name a few off the top of my head.

There is a cost involved with blue-ray and streaming, both production and marketing costs. The revenue is tracked separately.

Lion king..... ****ing frozen 2? Toy story 4? Aladdin. Godzilla? Hell maybe even joker if it’s good. It’s not hard for a movie to make a billion. Especially if that movie is tied to one of the biggest movies of the yr

Frozen 2... I'm actually looking forward to that. Never watched the first one until I had a daughter... Now I actually enjoy it. :rotfl

I'm not all too excited for the rest of the Disney stuff for this year. Godzilla, didn't get to watch the first. This was a sequel isn't it?

Lion king..... ****ing frozen 2? Toy story 4? Aladdin. Godzilla? Hell maybe even joker if it’s good. It’s not hard for a movie to make a billion. Especially if that movie is tied to one of the biggest movies of the yr

A Billion is pretty hard to make actually. Only 36 movies out of 772 $200+Milliondollar movies at the boxoffice have ever crossed the Billion dollar mark.

I’ve been waiting for the MCU to run out of gas but it keeps defying my expectations. Thought CM and the other second-tier characters would be the beginning of the end, but not so far.

Each release brings us closer to the inevitable flop, however.

I’ve been waiting for the MCU to run out of gas but it keeps defying my expectations. Thought CM and the other second-tier characters would be the beginning of the end, but not so far.

Each release brings us closer to the inevitable flop, however.

I think this all hinges on Endgame now. If Endgame gives a satisfactory ending to the story-arcs of most of the original 6 Avengers while drumming up sufficient hype for the next generation of heroes then I think this can go on for a very long time. While we may lump them all under the "superhero" genre, the movies themselves have sufficient variation in themes to keep them interesting at the very least.

I think if they start getting over zealous like SW, it may have some flops. Isn’t there talks for a solo BW film? I’d consider that to be similar to Solo, in the sense that it’s a film that nobody asked for.

While we may lump them all under the "superhero" genre, the movies themselves have sufficient variation in themes to keep them interesting at the very least.

Good point. Probably also why individual DC movies are doing well despite the travails of the so-called DCEU.

And while we fanpersons distinguish between top tier, second tier etc, to the moviegoing public it’s all new.

Back