Captain Jack Harkness anyone? (Torchwood/Dr Who)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want the coat too, but I just need to see pics first.

Righty ho. I think we'd all have to see something first really. :wink1:

my says the TVM should be do-able. It won't have the gadgetry inside obviously, but should still look pretty darn cool.

That would be brilliant. :D I was going to sculpt them up and get them cast in latex, but direct building them out of leather would be even better so long as the thickness isn't too great.

Somehow I doubt it. They haven't got him listed as one of their intended characters, and for all we know this line may sink before It even gets to him anyway. I mean a lot depends on wether Who fans have the money to fork out on high end stuff.
True, but one never knows.
They have 50 wonderful years worth of Doctor Who to explore, 11 Doctors and many companions and baddies that they can choose from. Like every company, only so many slots are available a year. Like with anything in customizing, it's a crap shoot, man.
Also true, but Harkness is a pretty big part of the revived Dr. Who and a character that I would want as part of my collection more than say...Donna Noble. [yuck!]
Added. :D

Those interested so far...

Sueworld (head and coat)

The ObsoluteMan (1 head and 1 coat)

The Tekkaman Blade (head and 1 coat)

Buffylover (head)

MiskatonicNick (head)

thainer (head)

Duck of Death (head)

tjg (2 heads and 2 coats)

Reinhardt (head)

You seem to have missed me.

Fixed. :D

Those interested so far...

Sueworld (head and coat)

The ObsoluteMan (1 head and 1 coat)

The Tekkaman Blade (head and 1 coat)

Buffylover (head)

MiskatonicNick (head)

thainer (head)

Duck of Death (head and 1 coat)

tjg (2 heads and 2 coats)

Reinhardt (head)

Ironman1188 (Head)

koipond (head and coat)

Jiminydog (1 head and 1 coat)

Also true, but Harkness is a pretty big part of the revived Dr. Who and a character that I would want as part of my collection more than say...Donna Noble.

Aww, I adored Donna! :D

But I can't see Jack making any meaningful appearance in Moffat's Who for a long time, If ever as I think he associate him with RTD's version of he show and I know he wants to distance himself from that as much as possible.

Last edited:
Ha! That makes 12 people then! Nice job! I know you can get 16, but just to take the nervousness out of this because you've done so well with arranging the costume and everything, you're close enough and WGP will def do it for you even though you are not all the way there yet.

He might be a month or so away till we have a hole in our schedule to do him. Now you need to decide which version of him you want? Who? Torchwood? Which season? etc.
-Rick :)

Last edited:
Ha! That makes 12 people then! Nice job! I know you can get 16, but just to take the nervousness out of this because you've done so well with arranging the costume and everything, your close enough and WGP will def do it for you even though you are not all the way there yet.

:yess: :clap :bow

He might be a month or so away till we have a hole in our schedule to do him. Now you need to decide which version of him you want? Who? Torchwood? Which season? etc.
-Rick :)

This is the look I'd like to see.

torchwood-barrowman1.jpg

john20barrowman.jpg

This version for me. :D

Jack.jpg

As I've said before I'd really like a head that took into account the bulk of the clothes so when he's fully dressed he doesn't appear to suffer from pin head syndrome.

I definitely want a Torchwood version. I'd kind of like a smiling expression but I wouldn't mind a more stern/serious look.

What about the earpiece?
captain-jack-harkness.jpg

Would it make sense to sculpt it as part of the head?

Thats a point. It it would be a bugger to cast like that though wouldn't it?

It may look a little weird completely flush against his head like that as it's meant to sit proud of his face more.

From the side it would look alright, but from the front I'm not sure it would work.

I should be down for a coat as well.

I definitely do not want a sculpted earpiece. It's the kind of thing that can be added if you really want it, but if it's sculpted onto the head it really limits how you can use the figure (cause it's more of a Torchwood thing right, not a Who thing?), plus it would just kind of look like the Cybermen had been at him.

I'm interested! head and coat, and Vortex Manipulator if anybody makes one, but definitely no headpiece.

Aww no. Not in my opinion. It was about time a women who wasn't a 'dolly bird' and really did know her own mind was a companion.

I adored her. :D

Aww no. Not in my opinion. It was about time a women who wasn't a 'dolly bird' and really did know her own mind was a companion.

I adored her. :D

Donna ended up not being as unlikable as her Christmas special appearance so I liked her. The way she was written out though was so crap though I tend to dislike that Who season over-all and didn't even buy it on DVD.

Back