Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to think the product will turn out just fine, but throwing up a promo pic of a drawing sure seems like a sign of desperation saying, "Please order this." Just bad business IMO.

It is lame but definately not bad business.

They know most people will only buy cap once. Same with winter soldier and black widow. If people buy the GG cap, they are also more likely to finish the collection with GG. They stand to lose more than the sales of one statue.

So since theirs is not ready yet, they are putting it up for preorder early with incentives. No NRD being a big one. This is competition.

It is lame but definately not bad business.

They know most people will only buy cap once. Same with winter soldier and black widow. If people buy the GG cap, they are also more likely to finish the collection with GG. They stand to lose more than the sales of one statue.

So since theirs is not ready yet, they are putting it up for preorder early with incentives. No NRD being a big one. This is competition.

Yeah, i agree. I mean Sideshow is clearly looking to make money. That's how business' work. But they really are doing collectors a favor because I'm sure there are a good amount if people out there that might have purchased the GG versions, and if the Sideshow versions were better... They would sell and purchase the sideshow pieces down the road.

So this really could save a lot of collectors the hassle of resale and trading...

Decided to pull the trigger on this one. I love TFA PF, but I don't have the EX, and I love the look of the Winter Soldier film trailer. In the end I will simply cancel if this doesn't live up to what I hope it does with an almost fully sculpted statue in an action pose.

Decided to pull the trigger on this one. I love TFA PF, but I don't have the EX, and I love the look of the Winter Soldier film trailer. In the end I will simply cancel if this doesn't live up to what I hope it does with an almost fully sculpted statue in an action pose.

Fingers crossed, if the movie is cool this will fly out. Assuming it's a great pose.

An awesome pose for this would be the shield flipping scene from the trailer. Just after the elevator fight. Do the whole, see through peg, for the shield. Instant buy! Maybe an awesome custom idea too. :wink1::wink1::wink1:

Do people feel this one will decrease the value of the comic capt PF?

No way... Comic > Movie. I believe the first Cap A movie is still not sold out on SS website.

No way... Comic > Movie. I believe the first Cap A movie is still not sold out on SS website.

You'd be right, but I think that is more about people not liking the pose, which is totally NOT. A problem IMHO. However, to the original question I can't see the price of the original comic PF dropping. Guys protect the value of their collectibles by not selling them at a price less then the market will bare, or if they do they don't advertise it. Sure there are a one or two exceptions I can think of that have happened here on the board, but those are often guys who didn't know the value of what they were selling at the time. Throw int the mix all the EBay shills, and you end up with a system that kind of shields the value of a piece, and there really isn't anything wrong with that. Who would sell a statue for less then it was gong for.

No brainer really for any Capt fan. I PO'ed from SS on day 1. No NRD makes the deal sweet!

To think that my LCS is charging a significant NRD ($100) on this LOL, and obviously not the EX version. :slap

No brainer really for any Capt fan. I PO'ed from SS on day 1. No NRD makes the deal sweet!

To think that my LCS is charging a significant NRD ($100) on this LOL, and obviously not the EX version. :slap

$10 NRD at the LCS here. :lol I'm kinda surprised SSC didn't cut these LCS some slack in PO'ing (e.g. allow LCSs to change PO quantities later once the proto is out, making an NRD unnecessary for everyone at this point)

Really weird if people actually commit an NRD w/o seeing any proto.

Back