Captain America - Red Skull & CA Motorcycle - WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twik25

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I decided that I wanted to make my own Red Skull... Yes, I know HT will most likely release one, but I want to work on a new challenge. Plus, I think once I get my CA figure, it would be awesome to have his motorcycle and Red Skull right away. This will most likely be a long/hard project, so cross your fingers and pray with me!

First up, the head sculpt. This is "roughed" in, as I still have to go back and work some details here and there... Really, this is my first time trying to capture a likeness of a particular character. It is HARD to do with the limited shots.

So here it is, a WIP of the head sculpt. It is kind of a hybrid between the movie, and an awesome 3D model I found that someone had made while I was trying to find references.

RS_wip1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Custom Red Skull - WIP

Thanks guys!

Levit - we'll see how this goes, but as of right now this is just a personal project. To be honest, I have NO FREAKING IDEA if I can make his jacket... but I am going to give it a go. I have started making templates for his jacket, so I will make it out of cloth first... then I will try the leather.

Wow! Very nicely done! You have as much sculpting talent as sewing! You could be a tripple threat if you can paint too :lol

I'm slowly working on a comic based Red Skull now that I have a Rainman skull. Just working on the eyes now.

Thanks! And of course I can paint! Painting is the easy part! Don't forget, I started graduated with a BFA in graphic design, with a minor in painting! :wink1: hahaha... to be honest, they are TOTALLY different! It is much harder to paint at this scale. I really need to develop my own method of doing it. I purchased a "lot" of resin heads off ebay that I will eventually really nail the whole painting thing... Painting the eyes is REALLY difficult!

I want to see! Are you going to post photos in progress, or when you are completed?

Wow! Very nicely done! You have as much sculpting talent as sewing! You could be a tripple threat if you can paint too :lol

I'm slowly working on a comic based Red Skull now that I have a Rainman skull. Just working on the eyes now.

Then you are an offical triple threat! :rock

I'll just post pics when I'm done. Other than the eyes, there really isn't anything else to be done for a comic skull, because his head is, well, just a skull :lol

Yeah, looks great. Curious to see how this turns out.

He is looking quite great! would love to see a comic version (oldschool)

Congrats

Well, here is a quick update. I decided that I am going to cast and mold this head. I have found that resin is easier to sand some of the rougher spots than sculpey. So, I went ahead and quickly painted this one to see if there are any major issues. I quickly painted the eyes, so they are a bit crooked! haha... I see a few places I will clean up before I make the mold, and then a few after I make the mold...

Again, I am going for a hybrid between the movie, and a bit more of a rougher look in some of the comics

RS_wip2.jpg

Anyway, this is a WIP, so take it for what it is worth.

Thanks for looking!

Yeah, looking good so far. And you're absolutely right about the resin being easier to sand.

Here is the first WIP of the Captain America motorcycle I have been working on. I really with I could take it more apart, but I am worried about damaging it. Still a lot of work to go...

WIP1.jpg

Well, I have added some more of the pieces and parts to the motorcycle. I still have to make the bags on the back, reattach the the tail lights, and attach the side mirrors... and of course I am still waiting on Cap.

WIP3.jpg

Well, I have decided to go ahead and cast the Red Skull head I have been working on. My plan at this point is to make 1 figure for me, and 1 complete figure to sell (either on here or on ebay). I still have a bit of work to do smoothing out some of the areas, but considering this is my second time molding and casting... I am happy with the results. I also went ahead and tried this with a 1-piece mold, which worked out GREAT!

RS_cast.jpg

I was pretty excited about the cast, so I started doing some modifications on the head. I have decided that I am making more that is more movie accurate, with a bit of a smoother look, and one that is more evil looking... here is the smoother one. I added some more prominent cheek structure, and I filled a few little pits from the casting process...

RS_wip3.jpg

RS_wip4.jpg

Back