Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! Don't care if they make a billion of these. I collect to have nice things on my shelf. Not because others can't have it.

I always find it fascinating when people on the internet simply make up arguments that other people aren't even stating. I state that I don't want to pay $400 for a statue that will drop to $300 and suddenly the notion that I don't want "others to have it" is invented. Fascinating.

Snadinator's point about QC is another great one. The likelihood that the QC will stay on point for a product with an extremely high ES compared to a lower one is very slim.

I actually *don't* want this thing to have an ES too *low* either. If it comes in a 250 or something crazy and skyrockets to $1000+ on the aftermarket then I'd be force to sell. I can never seem to hold onto something that I know is worth that much. I'd like it to be limited enough that the QC is on point and the price doesn't drop but not still common enough that the price doesn't go higher than $500 or so down the road. We'll see.

Same here. If by me POing right off the bat means that the ES goes up...oh well.

Et tu Brute? :monkey2

Last edited:
I always find it fascinating when people on the internet simply make up arguments that other people aren't even stating. I state that I don't want to pay $400 for a statue that will drop to $300 and suddenly the notion that I don't want "others to have it" is invented. Fascinating.

Starting an argument? I was just stating my reasons for buying things.

this new Cap is really nice...was debating with myself all last night whether or not to purchase...then i sat down in my office and glanced over at my original Cap PF (Ex)

easy decision :)

i have no need for the new one cause the original is so freaking awesome
congrats to all who purchase the new one though

Starting an argument? I was just stating my reasons for buying things.

Actually no, poor word choice on my part. I said you "made up an argument" as in you made up a point that I was supposedly making. A bit of a pet peeve but nothing major.

You know, "well his argument is that such and such..." Not that you and I are "arguing" with each other per se. We're all friendly Cap fans having a bit of a first world disagreement. :duff

this new Cap is really nice...was debating with myself all last night whether or not to purchase...then i sat down in my office and glanced over at my original Cap PF (Ex)

easy decision :)

i have no need for the new one cause the original is so freaking awesome
congrats to all who purchase the new one though

The OG Cap is a beautiful piece as well. Can't go wrong with either.

Those questioning the "small" size of Cap's shields might want to take a look at some of the comics. It fluctuated based on the artist/panel but in actuality I'd say the original Cap PF's shield was too *big.*

detail.jpg

71611_press03-001.jpg

The cut and sew of this piece and sculpt definitely puts the old PF to shame. The thing the old PF has going for it is the museum pose, the classic Cap look and all the accessories.

So many reasons not to order this:

- breaks my 1 statue per character rule (already have the original PF)
- WWII allied cap, not the iconic version, but an amalgamation
- little things like the tiny shield, tiny gloves, lack of the star on the back
- Freaking Iron Man Mk VII LSF up for order next week! At least 2000 reasons there.

But...

I can't stop looking at it. It's so dynamic. I like the gritty realism. I was worried that the machine gun pose would be too tall for my Besta, but according to the height scale it's still under 22" (which kind of surprised me).

So, I'm buying. I'll figure out what to do with him next year. Maybe when they are side by side, I'll be able to figure out who stays and who goes.

- WWII allied cap, not the iconic version, but an amalgamation
- little things like the tiny shield, tiny gloves, lack of the star on the back
- Freaking Iron Man Mk VII LSF up for order next week! At least 2000 reasons there.

But...

I can't stop looking at it. It's so dynamic. I like the gritty realism. I was worried that the machine gun pose would be too tall for my Besta, but according to the height scale it's still under 22" (which kind of surprised me).

So, I'm buying. I'll figure out what to do with him next year. Maybe when they are side by side, I'll be able to figure out who stays and who goes.

Just to knock one con off... (or two as the pics show the shield is pretty much the right size)

This look is the defacto WW2 look now. See Captain America Reborn or issue 615.1

Cover of Cap issue 615.1

detail.jpg

Captain America Reborn (WW2)

marvel-captain-america-reborn-issue-1g.jpg

- WWII allied cap, not the iconic version, but an amalgamation- little things like the tiny shield, tiny gloves, lack of the star on the back

Snadinator addressed the shield (which isn't too small) but to be fair the original Cap PF was also an amalgamation.

The seams on his cowl are a modern update, his diamond shield is a different color than its original appearance and he's significantly buffer than he was in his original WWII glory days.

3532726433_b88cdaa13b_z.jpg

detail.jpg

71611_press03-001.jpg

Snadinator addressed the shield (which isn't too small) but to be fair the original Cap PF was also an amalgamation.

The seams on his cowl are a modern update, his diamond shield is a different color than its original appearance and he's significantly buffer than he was in his original WWII glory days.

3532726433_b88cdaa13b_z.jpg

detail.jpg

71611_press03-001.jpg

Well, let's put it this way. I'm a Cap fan, and I struggled to figure out exactly where this costume came from, where as with the original PF it's so close it's not even a debate.

And while there may be a few photos of small shields, in my opinion, it's smaller than the majority of depictions out there.

I'm really talking about the modern round shield .. size of the WWII shield is a non-issue for me.

Guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Oh I see where you're coming from. I haven't been keeping up on Cap's new modern era so I had to look up the specifics of this particular look as well.

I was just playing devil's advocate to some of your points.

Something that I find interesting is that ever since CA:TFA I'm having a harder and harder time accepting Cap in pristine white and powder blue spandex on the battlefield, at least with regard to live-action movies or "realistic" statues.

I like the dirty uniform and scuffed shield. For comics and cartoons, clean spandex Cap is awesome. But I'm accepting the evolution from cowl to painted wingtips on a helmet as being just as valid as the evolution from half cowl to full cowl and diamond shield to round.

Yea, with the announcement of the mark VII lsf, I think this is def out for me...prob gladiator hulk as well. I have my original cap PF which makes me happy! Congrats to those getting this guy!

Oh I see where you're coming from. I haven't been keeping up on Cap's new modern era so I had to look up the specifics of this particular look as well.

I was just playing devil's advocate to some of your points.

Something that I find interesting is that ever since CA:TFA I'm having a harder and harder time accepting Cap in pristine white and powder blue spandex on the battlefield, at least with regard to live-action movies or "realistic" statues.

I like the dirty uniform and scuffed shield. For comics and cartoons, clean spandex Cap is awesome. But I'm accepting the evolution from cowl to painted wingtips on a helmet as being just as valid as the evolution from half cowl to full cowl and diamond shield to round.

Agreed. I'm the exact same way. He has to be ready for battle, and ready to take damage. (And I hate the winged ears. And the Cap museum pose PF. Please don't crucify me.)

Back