Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, the original was a joke at first, but the musculature of it is awesome. This new one is so much more detailed. I think they both do a great job of telling a story. OG, standing there proud after battle. This, being the first to charge in and lead the troops.

Great pieces all around. But I have plans for this cap... And I can't wait to see them come to fruition.

This new one is certainly a worthy successor. :lecture

Pure quality, just like the OG. That pose on original is just so hard to beat though. But Sideshow took this in another direction and it's pure awesomeness. Love every bit of it.

Same sentiments here. I think the new one's pose and detailing are superior, but the OG does have a more eye catching muscalture and arguably more interesting base. Both look amazing in their own right.

I think another thing that the OG had going for it was the Exclusive accessories - this new one has the extra shield, so it's dead even (even though I think the OG heater shield is much better). But the change-o-helmet to change-o-Ultron....Phew. That's hard to beat.

I have this, but I still the the original Cap more

I think each statue has its own look going for it which make them have a dramatic difference in presence (which is awesome). I like how when comparing them different poses, accessories, and even iterations of the uniform are things you can use to distinguish them. I must say that I only own allied charge on hydra and every one of my friends that likes cap even a little bit says there is just something about it like a mystique that it has of just pure wow. I think its because it bridges the gap of comic character and realism in such a way that you can't help but admire it as a work of art. This has everything I want in a statue and I am glad to have him in my collection.

Does anyone have both? would love to see a side by side

The original is an amazing PF, no doubt about it. However, I prefer the more dynamic, charging pose of this PF. The heater shield was the only let down on this PF, but outside of that, it's one of SS best IMO.

I only go after a custom piece once in a while, but the custom head puts this in a league of it's own.

I like the 1st one better mainly because he's wearing his classic duds. The second one is very dynamic and looks really good as well though. Really can't go wrong with either of them.

There you go guys!
d56cc05c16588a73d04fc78f40e90394.jpg
[/IMG]

That og cap has a face only a mother could love. James' repainted of it though... Amazing.

Honestly I love the new cap, the face is very realistic and the pose more dynamic, I'm going to repaint my OG cap sometime in the future. I have another custom repainted a long time ago.
48d62520.jpg
b97c72d7.jpg

Attachments

• ba132d96.jpg
    ba132d96.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 105
Back