Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something I immediately noticed but was willing to overlook is the stripes on mine are off center. The red stripe should be right below the star, but it's too far to his left. I want to call this minor as it doesn't ruin the statue, but it's still wrong and I cant unsee it, especially looking at photos of other's statues. I really don't want to sound like the resident complainer...but I'm sent what im sent at the same time...im not looking for flaws, they're just there. I promise y'all, I'm not normally a nit picker, I don't think my history says I've been one.

Granted, none of them came out exactly how it was supposed to (the top of the middle red stripe meeting under the star, and the bottom of the the middle red stripe meeting the middle of the pants, twisting with his torso because fabric should stretch with your movements) but they generally turned out well enough to not nitpick that part of it.

Wow I would never have picked up on that (stripes) and yeah now that you mention it it is kind of distracting, as for the nitpicking, you forked out your hard earned dollars for him so be as critical as you want :)

and kinqcuonq those pics are amazing bro!

Must...wait...for modern Cap....must not...give in.....
You can say that again :lol

I'm probably screwed, I'll probably go for it with modern Cap :lol

Jim that sucks bro, but your optimism is boss! :rock

How you must feel

2d68f37fa8a8aa73f86ba1eb86759498.jpg :lol

:lol:lol:lol

Things happen. I really love the statue, The pictures don't do it justice. Plus I'm in a holiday mood, so it's all good. You have a safe and happy Thanksgiving my friend. and that goes for you too , Darth Snoopy.

You too brother! :rock

Personally if that happened to me, I'd be fine as it mostly looks clean on some of them, so some glue and done. Bam!

Can't wait to get the dough to go for this, he will be my next male PF, and hopefully I can get a Bats :thud:

At the price we are paying, we shouldn't expect nothing less than a flawless piece(s) imo. I honestly don't get those people who say "well it happens", "deal it with", "it's barely visible", etc.
400$/500$ and you don't get what you paid for, no big deal right ? -sigh-

I'd a get a full refund and live without the statue before excepting something that is sub-par... before I get yelled out I'm just talking in general, I'm not pointing fingers at any particular statue or company.

I think that people that say deal with it and such are mostly Americans. The convenience of Sideshow is higher here than international buyers. I don't mind to be honest, but dropping that much and internationally, SS should size up on their errors.

Excellent photos kinqcuonq!

Something I immediately noticed but was willing to overlook is the stripes on mine are off center. The red stripe should be right below the star, but it's too far to his left. I want to call this minor as it doesn't ruin the statue, but it's still wrong and I cant unsee it, especially looking at photos of other's statues. I really don't want to sound like the resident complainer...but I'm sent what im sent at the same time...im not looking for flaws, they're just there. I promise y'all, I'm not normally a nit picker, I don't think my history says I've been one.

15886478241_761f7cf3c0_z_d.jpg

Granted, none of them came out exactly how it was supposed to (the top of the middle red stripe meeting under the star, and the bottom of the the middle red stripe meeting the middle of the pants, twisting with his torso because fabric should stretch with your movements) but they generally turned out well enough to not nitpick that part of it.

300196-captain-america-005.jpg

Mine actually twist like in the SS photos and is pretty much exactly like it, even with the top right corner of the center red stripe starting right below the right peek of the star, unlike other photos i've seen here where the red stripe is absolutly centered with the star.
With that said, you better call SS and get a replacement for that man, it's unacceptable, how the hell can you not see that, wtf QC ??

Yes, jye, it is!

If SS ever gets out their ASM2 PF, and by the time XM and SS release their new Comic Spideys I'll have a similar Spider-Man line up.

I think that people that say deal with it and such are mostly Americans. The convenience of Sideshow is higher here than international buyers. I don't mind to be honest, but dropping that much and internationally, SS should size up on their errors.

You are right. Intn collector have no options. They have to take it for what it is. I recieved my Storm Shadow with the wrong hand, one holding cross bow, the other sword. You just accept it. =(

Yes, jye, it is!

If SS ever gets out their ASM2 PF, and by the time XM and SS release their new Comic Spideys I'll have a similar Spider-Man line up.
That will be one sick SM line up, Peedi! :yess:
You are right. Intn collector have no options. They have to take it for what it is. I recieved my Storm Shadow with the wrong hand, one holding cross bow, the other sword. You just accept it. =(

Yeah I've seen a lot of bad things about that. Probably why I don't complain as much, but certainly it'd be nice to get some well done pieces considering the cost. And what bothers me is how they delay them even longer and still can't get it right.

What's the trick to getting the belt on ?? I can't seem to latch it together.

That is a kick ass Cap collection...Congrats.

thanks man.

Yes, jye, it is!

I am giving ss too much chance to improve their statue qc, now I am just want to spend my all money on xm for sure.

thanks man.

I am giving ss too much chance to improve their statue qc, now I am just want to spend my all money on xm for sure.

You know jye, I'm about there with you. The only thing is I try to keep perspective...we can see all across 2 boards that SS QC can be crap for a lot of people, while there's still a lot of people getting great products.

But I never try and mistake my problems for anything other than that: my problems. This statue is turning out great for most, I was just unfortunate. Same with Superman, that one really pissed me off and my issue was admittedly minor, it just felt worse because the overwhelming majority had no issues at all, but I did. My experience is my own, it can't be projected onto others...I'm not gonna cry about it, but I will speak on it because it's my experience...if 99% of a run is perfect, it seems I've been that 1% lately...but this could change at any time, and that's what I'm hoping for.

The gun is one thing, like others said it can be glued, but every time I look at the stripes on mine I can't unsee how off it is... I'm a comic reader, so despite skipping the last and current run of Cap (too many damn relaunches!), I've read Cap and Avengers comics for over 10 years...I'm used to seeing those stripes at least evenly placed every month several times a month so it's probably something that bothers me more than the average collector. If I can't get a replacement I'm leaning towards returning this.

You know jye, I'm about there with you. The only thing is I try to keep perspective...we can see all across 2 boards that SS QC can be crap for a lot of people, while there's still a lot of people getting great products.

But I never try and mistake my problems for anything other than that: my problems. This statue is turning out great for most, I was just unfortunate. Same with Superman, that one really pissed me off and my issue was admittedly minor, it just felt worse because the overwhelming majority had no issues at all, but I did. My experience is my own, it can't be projected onto others...I'm not gonna cry about it, but I will speak on it because it's my experience...if 99% of a run is perfect, it seems I've been that 1% lately...but this could change at any time, and that's what I'm hoping for.

The gun is one thing, like others said it can be glued, but every time I look at the stripes on mine I can't unsee how off it is... I'm a comic reader, so despite skipping the last and current run of Cap (too many damn relaunches!), I've read Cap and Avengers comics for over 10 years...I'm used to seeing those stripes at least evenly placed every month several times a month so it's probably something that bothers me more than the average collector. If I can't get a replacement I'm leaning towards returning this.

i am at the same boat, now I am just worry if ss is not gonna give me a replacement, and a freaking $25 refund.......

:lol:lol:lol

Things happen. I really love the statue, The pictures don't do it justice. Plus I'm in a holiday mood, so it's all good. You have a safe and happy Thanksgiving my friend. and that goes for you too , Darth Snoopy.

Thanks, Jim, I wish you and yours a fun, safe & Happy Thanksgiving! :duff

What's the trick to getting the belt on ?? I can't seem to latch it together.

The clips on the belt can be opened to let the fabric slip & adjust a bit. I used a small standard screw driver to open them up and tweezers to adjust the fabric on the belt. When I was done I closed the clips with my fingers.

Move the pouches away from the belt so you can twist the belt latches into place. I was very careful since the latches look fragile.

It really didn't take me long to do all this and it's easier than it sounds. Hope that helps. :wave

Just opened this up after letting it sit at the front door yesterday. Was worried about the quality after getting the Big Chap LSB the day before with some minor issues. Capt. arrived perfect and near promo likeness. Very pleased and rates up with Superman and Conan and Beast for my favorite statues that I received this year.:yess:

Thanks, Jim, I wish you and yours a fun, safe & Happy Thanksgiving! :duff

The clips on the belt can be opened to let the fabric slip & adjust a bit. I used a small standard screw driver to open them up and tweezers to adjust the fabric on the belt. When I was done I closed the clips with my fingers.

Move the pouches away from the belt so you can twist the belt latches into place. I was very careful since the latches look fragile.

It really didn't take me long to do all this and it's easier than it sounds. Hope that helps. :wave

Thanks for your help.I had the belt to size. The problem is the latches. The old insert and turn doesn't seem to work as latches are the same size. the best I could do is this. Which comes apart if you breathe on it .

belt one.jpg

belt 2.jpg

Maybe I'm over thinking this. It shouldn't be this hard. :huh :acme

Looks like you got two of the same clip. Ones supposed to look like a "T" and the other a slot.

image.jpg

Sorry for the crappy iPad pic.

Thanks for your help.I had the belt to size. The problem is the latches. The old insert and turn doesn't seem to work as latches are the same size. the best I could do is this. Which comes apart if you breathe on it .

View attachment 148563

View attachment 148564

Maybe I'm over thinking this. It shouldn't be this hard. :huh :acme

Yeah that's a big time QC screw up right there. Sideshow says they're out of EXs, fine, but they should at least have some belts for this QC fail.

Back