Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No its not. Doesn't the Red Skull have the same or something similar running through his veins? He ain't all juiced up.

That's a "First Avenger" retcon as far as Red Skull's origin is concerned (though after he "died" in comic issue #300 he did get resurrected in a clone of Rogers' super soldier body before reappearing in #350.) But the original Red Skull of the 40's and Stan Lee's reboot in the 60's didn't have the serum.

I guess my point would be something like this:

Take a body builder (as that seems to be what some people want) and a pro athlete of the same weight/size. Have them run a course that really puts them through their paces. Who comes out on top? My money is on the athlete. Serum just expands those abilities but not to the point of slowing Cap down. It's not all about the size of your arm.

This makes no sense.

Oh and bench pressing 1200lbs is superhuman. The current bench press record holder is Eric Spoto with 722lbs.

My point is that someone carrying excess muscle cannot run, jump, climb, tackle, block or do most of what and athlete soldier does.

My fault for using just a little logic to a comic book character.

I wonder if this new PF in a skintight costume would give people different opinions one way or another.

My point is that someone carrying excess muscle cannot run, jump, climb, tackle, block or do most of what and athlete soldier does.

Why not? I think you've been duped into believing the "Muscle bound" myth.

Look at Mariusz Pudzianowski. 4 times Worlds Strongest Man. Now a MMA fighter. Still jacked. Very fast, very powerful, very athletic and flexible.

It's almost like SS makes different things for different collectors who want to collect different things, or so different collectors who want different versions of the same character can have different versions. What a strange world we live in.

Why not? I think you've been duped into believing the "Muscle bound" myth.

Look at Mariusz Pudzianowski. 4 times Worlds Strongest Man. Now a MMA fighter. Still jacked. Very fast, very powerful, very athletic and flexible.

The strongest men and MMA fighter don't run for hours on end, jumping, blocking, dodging....

The strongest men and MMA fighter don't run for hours on end, jumping, blocking, dodging....

Nor does any 240lbs man. Marathon runners look like they are dying of famine.

But in terms of sprint speed, jumping distance and height... it is all strength relative to bodyweight.

Nor does any 240lbs man. Marathon runners look like they are dying of famine.

But in terms of sprint speed, jumping distance and height... it is all strength relative to bodyweight.

Right on all counts, but I would say Cap is more off a running back or safety and not a marathon runner. Possibly QB...

Right on all counts, but I would say Cap is more off a running back or safety and not a marathon runner. Possibly QB...

The average play in a football game is like 4-5 seconds. Running Backs are don't "run for hours on end, jumping, blocking, dodging...." as you put it.

And if you consider the Football players of hte 70's that were jacked... some of them competed in Worlds Strongest Man back then too.

Cap can be all those this firstly cause he's a comic book character and he's not real, second cause he got the super juice, not regular juice super juice a one of a kind compound remember, which isn't real either by the way, if your looking a degrees of realism in comics it's maybe a sign that they're need to be let go.

Strongest men are not contiually lifting for an entire competition, nor do fighters continually punch for an entire fight. Football players play a games for hours and carry the pads too. While running, jumping, blocking...

:) nice talk Snad. I'm off to knock out the rent.

Strongest men are not contiually lifting for an entire competition, nor do fighters continually punch for an entire fight. Football players play a games for hours and carry the pads too. While running, jumping, blocking...

:) nice talk Snad. I'm off to knock out the rent.

Now you are agreeing with me... lol.

All things being equal, the stronger athlete is the better athlete. If limb length and bodyweight is equal, the stronger athlete will outrun and outjump the other. If you weigh 100lbs and squat 200lbs, and I weigh 300lbs but squat 900lbs, I may very well outrun and out jump you.

But you are saying Cap also gets endless endurance. So Super Soldier Serum is Testosterone mixed with EPO. Gotcha. :nana:

Cap can be all those this firstly cause he's a comic book character and he's not real, second cause he got the super juice, not regular juice super juice a one of a kind compound remember, which isn't real either by the way, if your looking a degrees of realism in comics it's maybe a sign that they're need to be let go.

Sorry... let's go back to talking about nipples, tights and Cap's taste in fashion vis-a-vis his boots.

Sorry... let's go back to talking about nipples, tights and Cap's taste in fashion vis-a-vis his boots.

:) it's just silly to me these talk about realism in comics, tell you what when there is a man flying around with laser beams shooting from his eyes in the news I'll jump in the conversation, until then:

Nipples!! :blissy :blissy

The talk about strength vs. endurance makes me think of something I caught a bit of on TV the other day--Reebok's CrossFit competition. It was one of the most insane competitions I've seen in the way it tested endurance and strength together:

https://games.crossfit.com/workouts/games

The guys in that competition are how I imagine a "real" Captain America would really look.

It also cased more injuries that it will ever report, you can say its America's ninja warrior but boring.

Back