Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone considering getting cap WITHOUT Red Skull? Sideshow truly outdid themselves with this incarnation of the Skull.... :mexwave I only wish they'd put the genuine Nazi Swastika insignia instead of that lame Hydra emblem

IMG_4156_zps621711b6.jpg~original
IMG_4171_zps25fffc43.jpg~original

I understand your argument Snadinator. I agree with it in some measure as a natural phenomenon, particularly in relation to political and religious issues, but I believe you are taking it to the extreme, precluding the ability of anyone to determine an opinion in any reasonably objective way unless they either have no vested interest in either piece, or to engage in "Doublethink."* But I do think the ability to approximate any such effort requires, initially, self-reflection and understanding of our natural biases.

*if one accepts your premise, and an individual possesses the means and desire for both, then I don't see why you would expect them to act any any more rational a fashion than if they didn't--they would simply have their cognitive biases working in equal measure on issues not related to the comparison of one piece to the detriment of another. They would be irrationally defending or critiquing both.

I am referring to those with a vested interest. If someone has no interest in either, he is implicitly procluded from my statement.

For the most part that is the case. Opinion is not necessarily rational. It is often merely a point of view that is a result of personal experiences and your current state vis-a-vis the target (cognitive biases).

Our minds struggle for cognitive sonance. We have a tendancy to discard what is dissonant and assimilate what is sonant so as to further validate our opinion.

Your initial thought after watching a movie is that you dislike it. Do you not find yourself often looking at reviews and comments to further validate what you already believe? You read the negative ones and you are like, "Yes! Yes!". You read a positive review and you feel the need to accuse that person of being wrong.

To not fall into a category is to have the means and desire for both... or to somehow slot into George Orwell's description of "Double think" from 1984.

Whle this is all true... Personal preference is not always guided by some underlying bias, but simply what we prefer aesthetically. For example, I prefer the work Hulk as drawn by Dale Keown as apposed to that of Jack Kirby. While I appreciate what Kirby did with his work I prefer the line work, facial structure, and detail of Keown. With that being said that is why I prefer SOME of the more modern PFs to their "Classic" counterparts. My tendency to be more of a fan of the more detailed modern interpretation of the characters. It is simply a preference that I have with NO skin in the game to speak of.

images

Wait...what...I drifted off.

:monkey3

God forbid we have something stimulating to talk about why preferences are different.

Maybe we can all go back to talking the merits of Captain America's footwear. What pose should go on the cover of vogue magazine. What is in style. We can also talk about his bulge and the merits of wearing tights. Maybe we can talk about MJ needing a thong or Red Sonja show some nipple.

What's the deal with Justin Bieber... or ovaltine for that matter.

For the most part that is the case. Opinion is not necessarily rational. It is often merely a point of view that is a result of personal experiences and your current state vis-a-vis the target (cognitive biases).

Our minds struggle for cognitive sonance. We have a tendancy to discard what is dissonant and assimilate what is sonant so as to further validate our opinion.

Your initial thought after watching a movie is that you dislike it. Do you not find yourself often looking at reviews and comments to further validate what you already believe? You read the negative ones and you are like, "Yes! Yes!". You read a positive review and you feel the need to accuse that person of being wrong.

To not fall into a category is to have the means and desire for both... or to somehow slot into George Orwell's description of "Double think" from 1984.

God forbid we have something stimulating to talk about why preferences are different.

Maybe we can all go back to talking the merits of Captain America's footwear. What pose should go on the cover of vogue magazine. What is in style. We can also talk about his bulge and the merits of wearing tights. Maybe we can talk about MJ needing a thong or Red Sonja show some nipple.

I thought that's why we're here, this is the last place I would want to have a rational conversation. :lol

Thong :horror nipple :drool

Lets talk more about these things

Back