Can you remember the first Hot Toys that you got ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Can you remember your first Hot Toys you got ?

NEWBS the lot of ya!

This was fresh out of production when it showed up in Buena Park's Gotta Have It back in who knows when (2000 or 2001?):

htcbprotectivegear1.jpg

It was a piece of S*** then and it is a piece of S*** now. Think Hasbro quality for $40 with no body, or head.

Later I picked this up a few years after it came out, my first complete Hot Toys figure: UDT HALO SEAL (I got the second Halo Jumper from this series (Green Berets) a year after that):
v0245c00078705.jpg

004lsu.jpg

Weapons and boots are oversized, head sculpt and paint kinda sucks, and they had the notorious 1st gen "Monkey Arms" Hot Toys body. Best thing about it was the only HALO for the time and that it had all metal fasteners. Though it was $100 back when a figure with the same amount of gear (in all plastic) and the same complexity level from Dragon or BBI was $35-$45. So yes, Hot Toys figures have always been way over priced (it's not a new phenomenon kids).

My second Hot Toys figure and also their first "movie figure" was the Famous Type "Neo":
v0245c00078707.jpg

Last edited:

Mine was corporal Hicks!

EDIT : nope, correction, I think they made a bootleg M:I 2 back in the days they were just a custom company. That's the one!

I waited a while before ever ordering one. DX07 and DX12 arrived on the same day.

Mine was the original Dark Knight Joker. Bought him and Takara Batman together. Ended up selling both of them.

Once I got into collecting 1/6 stuff again my first Hot Toys figure was Hot Toys Black Suit Spiderman.

My first HT was Indy.
I saw it in the shop, and just had to have it !!!

Mine was the MMS 71, Dark Knight Batman, and I got it for about $150 and I thought that was expensive.

I got the hot toys p1. Loved it then got the Wolf Cleaner shortly after. I was surprised to see it in kit form. I didnt know how to get the skirt on so i snapped off one of the legs thinking it was meant to detach

like a boss

Mine was a S.O.A.R. military figure that looked like Orlando Bloom with a Mohican lol. He's still on a shelf, but a high one and sort of out of sight and gathering dust.

My first Hot Toy was the Assassin's Creed Ezio and I still have it to this day. Love it.

Hot Toys Prison Break Lincoln Burrows, still one of the best headsculpts out there :)

Mine was Berserker Predator and Ironman mk.V. Initially I weren't that interested in collecting Hot Toys due to their prices, but those items were for discounted sale at my local sellers.

Finally got tempted to buy them both, and ever since that moment my wallet has never been the same :slap

My first was Pvt. William Hudson, which i got for £65.

My first HT was Two Face from a fellow boardie! Really wanted Batman and the Joker... but there were rumors they'd be rereleased or remade. And only a days ago, I finally have both of the new versions hahaha.

Mine was Captain America first Avenger.

Back