Can we expect another 1/6 vader anytime soon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching Ebay to try to get one...but since there is another coming, I can't wait, and I hope Sideshow works a light up saber into the mix! I love the ones on the board here.

I'm really hoping we get a ESB Vader from Sideshow soon, i need a SS Vader figure.

ESB is the best Vader, because it's the only one with a real helmet. It is painted black metal, I'm guessing it's aluminum, while ANH and RTJ are both molded in black plastic. The ESB one looks much glossier and more elegant, for that reason. I was disappointed when they switched back to a plastic helmet for RTJ when it came out. I thought it looked cheaper and a step backwards. Comparing the ESB helmet to the ANH and the RTJ helmets is like comparing a handmade aluminum Ferrari fender to molded plastic Saturn fenders. The ESB helmet says handmade fine craftsmanship. If you look at Darth Vader on the bridge of his Destroyer in ESB you can see the light reflect off that helmet in a way that only a painted helmet can.

Last edited:
Don't feel bad y'all. Last year I missed out on picking up a Mk I and II for $275 each, a DX Joker for $135, a Vader for 90 bucks and a couple of troopers for 75 each :slap

ESB is the best Vader, because it's the only one with a real helmet. It is painted black metal, I'm guessing it's aluminum, while ANH and RTJ are both molded in black plastic. The ESB one looks much glossier and more elegant, for that reason. I was disappointed when they switched back to a plastic helmet for RTJ when it came out. I thought it looked cheaper and a step backwards. Comparing the ESB helmet to the ANH and the RTJ helmets is like comparing a handmade aluminum Ferrari fender to molded plastic Saturn fenders. The ESB helmet says handmade fine craftsmanship. If you look at Darth Vader on the bridge of his Destroyer in ESB you can see the light reflect off that helmet in a way that only a painted helmet can.
i dont mean to burst your bubble, I dont know where you got your info, but all the vader helmets were made out of fiberglass...there were no metal or "durasteel" ;) helmets made...and they were,all painted with silver highlights to show off the facets of the mask...the only all black helmet was from "sith", because it had to look newly machined and symmetric.

Last edited:

I always liked Vader's apperance in TESB. Maybe because of the lighting? No matter where Vader was in a scene, his stardestroyer/med-chamber, Hoth, carbon freeze chamber he always looked cool to me. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing Sideshow take another stab at a Vader 1/6th. I may be in the minority, but I didn't care much for my SS 1/6 Vader. The height and the dome really bothered me in what I thought was otherwise a nicely executed addition to the 1/6th collection.

I hope they don't do an amalgamation for ESB and ROTJ. And honestly I doubt they would as that would effectively cut off the chance of people buying one of each. And judging by a ANH specific Vader I think we'll see either individual releases, or if I interpreted the Q&A right then a all-in-one with separate pieces to get either a ROTJ or ESB look.

The dome bothered me on my SS Vader so I modified. Don't have a single gripe.

Hopefully Sideshow will be at Celebration 6 and have something to show.

Well since HT/SSC will be releasing a DX Bespin Luke. I think SSC did mention a ROTJ Vader version in 2012? However I hope they might release TESB Vader version instead to coincide w/DX Bespin Luke.

Maybe the accessories for each figure would be a piece(s) similar to the SSC I Am Your Father - Luke Skywalker VS Darth Vader on Bespin
Polystone Diorama to connect together? I think that would be cool.

I'm not going there regarding the price folks.....:peace.

Just speculation on my end folks. Which is dangerous....:lol

Light-up chest box would be unbelievable. Trying not to get too excited by the possibilities offered by the future DX line as it might be too rich for my blood.

Glad to hear there's a new(and hopefully better) Vader coming in 2012.

Me too. I've been watching Vader on Ebay for months now and couldn't get a good price. Now I'm glad I waited. Once the new Vader is released, the ridiculous after market prices on the original are going to plummet.

Back