Can we expect another 1/6 vader anytime soon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I sold mine...

I'm sure SS will make take it to the next level with the newer version.

That sounds pretty awesome!

I don't think there's much difference between ESB and ROTJ Vader. This seems like the best way to package him.

Glad I sold mine...

I'm sure SS will make take it to the next level with the newer version.

Yeah, but after modding my Vader's helmet to sit lower, and getting the custom cape by lforigno the original figure looks tons better. I prefer the ANH version with his inner robe over the armor. There are still a few things I dislike about the ANH figure, and I'm hoping to be able to make my own "ultimate" Vader by combining the two figures.

so does "deluxe" mean an amalgamation of Vader or extra accessories for optional costuming...............:dunno

If the chest box can light up and we can get a helmet that sits on the head better without mods (not all of us dare to mod), then many of us can take advantage of the 2nd hand market, scalp the original and get just as nice if not better version down the line. :D

Yeah, but after modding my Vader's helmet to sit lower, and getting the custom cape by lforigno the original figure looks tons better. I prefer the ANH version with his inner robe over the armor. There are still a few things I dislike about the ANH figure, and I'm hoping to be able to make my own "ultimate" Vader by combining the two figures.

I have a slight preference to the ANH Vader, so I'll be keeping mine for sure. I honestly could settle with just the ANH one and be perfectly happy. But the notion of a deluxe Vader is just too good to pass up! :drool

Now I just have to prepare my "Why I need 2 Vaders" speech for my wife! ;)

And you know what Sideshow really means by "deluxe", right?
$$$$$ If we thought the price hike that the first Vader figure gave their Star Wars 1/6 line was bad...

And you know what Sideshow really means by "deluxe", right?
$$$$$ If we thought the price hike that the first Vader figure gave their Star Wars 1/6 line was bad...

:lol Exactly!

I can't imagine the price being TOO high. I mean, just how many accessories can he come with? Reveal helmet, Shaw crispy sculpt, stubby hand...

What else?

Let's all :pray: for a light-up lightsaber à la that crappy Enterbay/Medicom Luke figure.
Admittedly, it's highly doubtful...

They might as well throw in an ROTS helm with crispy Christensen head while they're at it. They could include that light up circle he stands on when communicating with the Emperor's hologram as a base.

They might as well throw in an ROTS helm with crispy Christensen head while they're at it. They could include that light up circle he stands on when communicating with the Emperor's hologram as a base.

If they did that, and were able to pull of such distinct sculpts between the helmets, they may also do the rest of the armor -- tho they may be able to get away with keeping the body suit...and the soft goods - though the cape is an obviously different cut at the shoulders

Saw this and am excited to add another Vader but curious to see how they handle the reveal helm. Hopefully its two sculpts so you can go with whatever you want.

Saw this and am excited to add another Vader but curious to see how they handle the reveal helm. Hopefully its two sculpts so you can go with whatever you want.

I used to be on the side of a functioning reveal helm... but (GASP) I have now changed my opinion. I too am hoping for two separate sculpts. :horror

I used to be on the side of a functioning reveal helm... but (GASP) I have now changed my opinion. I too am hoping for two separate sculpts. :horror

I'm hoping the same thing. With the great work they've been doing with the clones and alternate head sculpts, I think having a separate sculpt makes the most sense. Will be watching for developments on this with much enthusiasm.

With a 'Deluxe' version, it makes me wonder what they'll charge for this. It could easily push $200 given that they are fully aware of what the secondary market prices are for the first release. I'm hoping for around $150 on this, but only time will tell.

Back