Can the lucky owners of the Sideshow Sauron statue post some of their pics, please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be the next piece I unbox and display, just waiting for the right cabinet. Mine had the box a little beat up when I got it a ~year or two ago, but the staue is in good conidition. Can't wait to unveil him.

Need to know this...if you had to choose between the 24" Sauron statue and the Sauron legendary scale bust, which would you guys pick?

If you are going for just a few pieces of LOTR items, this Sauron statue is probably one of the most iconic and best that I have seen. I made a mistake oif not getting it when it was available at retail shops initially and when they were all sold out, I had a hard time looking for it. Due to its large size, it doesn't make sense for me to order it overseas or buy it off ebay.

Good thing for me is I eventually managed to buy it from a fellow collector. The guy got married and decided to give up his collection and I bought this statue from him at the retail price he paid for it even though it was on display in his house for quite a while and it doesn't come with the original box. Not really a problem for me because he lives a few houses away from me and I just carried it all the way from his house to mine. :)

That thing is a heavy son of a ^^^^^, right? 23 Kg, thats no joke.

Need to know this...if you had to choose between the 24" Sauron statue and the Sauron legendary scale bust, which would you guys pick?

I'd most definitely choose the statue.

13editvp1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have the LS bust but I do have the statue and to be honest I personally would not dream of giving up the statue for the bust.

Firstly, the statue had some horrific production delays due to the technical problems they had in putting this sculpt into a marketable form. I ordered mine when it was available to pre-order on 22nd Jan 2004 and it was despatched to me on 26th September 2005!!! (and we complain about todays delays!!) To me that gives it street cred - Weta went the whole hog on this one and it certainly shows when you see it in person, which brings me to the second reason.

The detail in the armour is excellent and it is all over the armour too.

Thirdly, the pose. Much better than a seemingly empty suit of armour as the bust appears to be, and a pretty close representation of the opening prologue scene in FOTR.

Fourth, the base which gives a semi transluscent red glow when lit from behind (like the 1/4 Sauron's Mace) aaaannnnnnnd....

...........lastly but by no means least it has THE RING!!!!! Does it get any better than this? I don't think so.

GET the STATUE.

Last edited:
You are both right, yeh you have a very good point Oxfordian. Is there some online store excluding Ebay that still has this statue in stock?

That thing is a heavy son of a ^^^^^, right? 23 Kg, thats no joke.

It is heavy for sure. But before carrying it, I make sure the smaller parts that can be detached are taken off and carried seperately. I wouldn't want any parts to fall off because they will break definitely.

And of course, the guy whom I bought the Sauron statue from helped me with the carrying.

I don't have the LS bust but I do have the statue and to be honest I personally would not dream of giving up the statue for the bust.

Firstly, the statue had some horrific production delays due to the technical problems they had in putting this sculpt into a marketable form. I ordered mine when it was available to pre-order on 22nd Jan 2004 and it was despatched to me on 26th September 2005!!! (and we complain about todays delays!!) To me that gives it street cred - Weta went the whole hog on this one and it certainly shows when you see it in person, which brings me to the second reason.

The detail in the armour is excellent and it is all over the armour too.

Thirdly, the pose. Much better than a seemingly empty suit of armour as the bust appears to be, and a pretty close representation of the opening prologue scene in FOTR.

Fourth, the base which gives a semi transluscent red glow when lit from behind (like the 1/4 Sauron's Mace) aaaannnnnnnd....

...........lastly but by no means least it has THE RING!!!!! Does it get any better than this? I don't think so.

GET the STATUE.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Well said!!

Now - git yo self a statue son!

A-1188, where are you located? I got two and am willing to part with one of them
:)

I live in Malta (Europe). Really? How did you end up with 2? Is it new?

It have been on display. The cost of shipping will not be a pretty sight as it's big and heavy, and I live in Norway. I can unbox it for you, take some pics and send you. But give me a week - busy schedule nowadays :|

i got one from amazon for £89.00 which is about $180 , i did originally have 2 of them when they were first released but sold them i never liked the dark paint job of the armour as i dont think it was screen accurate ,i checked out the behind the scenes making of the armour and when they are suiting the actor up, it much more mettalic silver, so thats what i repainted as, so its my own custom sauron that i would say is more screen accurate.

Last edited:
i got one from amazon for £89.00 which is about $180 , i did originally have 2 of them when they were first released but sold them i never liked the dark paint job of the armour as i dont think it was screen accurate ,i checked out the behind the scenes making of the armour and when they are suiting the actor up, it much more mettalic silver, so thats what i repainted as, so its my own custom sauron that i would say is more screen accurate.
Can't argue, your statue looks great, but going through all that trouble of repainting it, just to approach 'screen accuracy'... I wouldn't. Besides, I think that the darker appearance of the armor is more screen accurate (= true to what we see in the prologue sequence) than your interpretation. Does the darker armor look better than your version? Now that's an other question. I'm not fully happy with SSC's paint job, to say the least, but I still see the dark lord Sauron as I know it from the movie in it.

Oh, and A-1188... is this statue really so hard to get? With an ES of 9500, that's hard to belive. I remember seeing this being sold for almost half of retail, which I always thought to be a shame. It's a great statue, and well worth the buck. I also have two (never displayed!), but I'd rather keep both of them, than sell them for peanuts!

Last edited:
Can't argue, your statue looks great, but going through all that trouble of repainting it, just to approach 'screen accuracy'... I wouldn't. Besides, I think that the darker appearance of the armor is more screen accurate (= true to what we see in the prologue sequence) than your interpretation. Does the darker armor look better than your version? Now that's an other question. I'm not fully happy with SSC's paint job, to say the least, but I still see the dark lord Sauron as I know it from the movie in it.

Oh, and A-1188... is this statue really so hard to get? With an ES of 9500, that's hard to belive. I remember seeing this being sold for almost half of retail, which I always thought to be a shame. It's a great statue, and well worth the buck. I also have two (never displayed!), but I'd rather keep both of them, than sell them for peanuts!

Omg, where have you seen them sold for such low price??? The cheapest I found was about $396 inc. shipping to my country.

check out the beginning of the movie when sauron is at the fires in mount doom where i think weta based the statue on, and just look how mettalic the armour is , also it looks much more mettalic on the battfield scenes and i have the hdtv version of this movie, so i would say that the ss paintjob is not as accurate as the screen version , but that is just my opinion and my eyesight:)

Back