Can I break the rules? (Advice needed on buying Weta Kong Vs Rex)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C1eaN

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Well, I am finally getting around to breaking down and getting the Kong vs V-Rex statue. I was suprised that it had dropped as low as it has. I want to get some thoughts on the piece but would rather hear from my regular group that I trust.

So, two questions:

1) Who has it.....knows where to get it....thoughts comments etc?

2) Is this gonna get locked/moved for being in the wrong place? :censored

Re: Can I break the rules?

Your thread will probably be moved, but before it does:

The Kong vs. V-Rex is an AWESOME piece, and the only reason it is as cheap as it is, is because of the ES. The piece is as big as the Hulk PF, and heavier.

You won't be disappointed, especially at today's prices.

Weta raising the price and ES after pre-ordering had already began was not a good move and one I'm sure they would take back if they could. That said, the piece is amazing. I have it and would honestly say sculpt-wise it is my favourtie Weta piece, after the RWOS. Very large, very heavy, very impressive. :D

Thanks.......I can't find a lot of pics where Kong and Rex's body meet. In one post a guy said he didn't like the way they handled that.

Is it noticeable?

KongvsRex5.jpg

Thanks.......I can't find a lot of pics where Kong and Rex's body meet. In one post a guy said he didn't like the way they handled that.

Is it noticeable?

It is a bit noticeable up close. Separate V-Rex and Kong pieces would have been preferable I think, but it's not a major issue to me. I definitely think the paint app's could have been better though. Here's a repaint with custom base I saw a few years ago. :drool

IMG_0439-2.jpg

IMG_0438-2.jpg

IMG_0441-1.jpg

Well, I am finally getting around to breaking down and getting the Kong vs V-Rex statue. I was suprised that it had dropped as low as it has. I want to get some thoughts on the piece but would rather hear from my regular group that I trust.

So, two questions:

1) Who has it.....knows where to get it....thoughts comments etc?

2) Is this gonna get locked/moved for being in the wrong place? :censored

Incredible piece, I've always wanted it but even though it's available quite cheap, shipping to the UK would be :horror

I'll move this thread into the General Collectable section and add to the title so peeps know what it is about.

I hope you get one :rock

Great pics peeps :rock :rock
x :wave

my biggest regret in life was passing on this statue at baltimore comic con a few years back...there was a dude blowing these out for like $100, but i just wasn't sure where i was going to put it and i was too lazy to ship it home.

my biggest regret in life was passing on this statue at baltimore comic con a few years back...there was a dude blowing these out for like $100, but i just wasn't sure where i was going to put it and i was too lazy to ship it home.

Toynk.com has em for $169 + $17 shipping at Amazon.com.......

I verified they have like 50 in stock.

I've never seen this piece. I would love to get it, but shipping would be the killer for me.

I have one and it is outstanding. Pain job isn't stellar, but is still quite good. The details though, and the sheer size make up for it.

Great statue. I wish I could get mine off the damn peg so I could store it though.:lol:lol:lol

50! :google

I would say they will get cheaper as time goes. I will definetly nab one if I could get if for $100.

I doubt you are going to find this one cheaper than $186 shipped. Sure, you might be able to find the statue alone in the $100 range, but once you add the $75+ for shipping [this thing is huge and weighs a ton] you wont be saving anything.

I've seen this in person a few times and if I had the space in my place, I would own it already. It's an amazing piece.

Back