Call me JOKER!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay!! FInally got my Joker v2! Right off the bat, boy definitely needs a new body! Floppy knee city!

Also, there's a smudge on the end of his nose, so any question of not painting him is out. Ugh, good thing I'm a customizer and I'm planning on replacing this head anyway (by FML's good graces down the line, when he's recovered), but I'd hate to be the average collector paying $200 for this and getting floppy knees and a smudgy nose. Bad hoodoo that.

Other than that, he's beautiful! Once I get him fixed up, I'll take some pics of him with my other favorite Batman baddie- DeVito's Penguin.

The basebody on him really has the worst joints I've seen in a long time. Its an odd design (one I've never seen before) but on mine you could flick the foot and it could easily do a 360 spin?!?

Did your head come wrapped in tissue paper, seems they did that with the V2 and kept the paint rub issues less. Seemed everyone who got a V1 also had rubs on the nose.

My V1 Joker had the usual paint rubs too but my V2 was wrapped. The base body was the same hunkajunk as V1. Loose foot and knee.

Les' drippy Joker with V1 clothes:

Better pics later but this'll do for now.

AWESOME JOB LES!!!! :rock

I'm working on getting my V2 Joker ready so that I can put my white Joker head from Les on it.

The upgrades will include a new body, a new fedora hat that I'm attempting to make from scratch :cool:and, if I'm brave enough, I will be putting polkadots on his tie as well as dying it, the hanky and the vest a darker more film accurate color.
Yeah, I'm nervous about that one.:horror:D Also gonna repaint his flower.
He'll be wearing his trenchcoat and custom fedora to imitate the parade scene.

DSC06967.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Pretty much finished with Jack's hat. Here's a pic...

This is kinda the prototype. I'll be tweaking a few things on the next one I make.

Last edited:
Looks great! Maybe a bit too round/large... but much improved. Might you be making more :monkey3

Yeah, it's too large.:eek: The next one I make will be a bit more form fitting.

I figure I'll have to narrow it slightly from side to side. Looking at it from the side it's fine(i.e. the early stage pic) but the sculpt is a bit narrow when you look at it head on so if I adjust it slightly to fit that then it should look better even though it won't be completely round.

And yes, I'll be making more and soon as I'm happy with it I'll be offering it to my fellow Freaks. :rock

The hat itself looks great. It still looks odd to me because it looks as if something is stopping his head from going in. That is it sits too high on his head. The outer edges of the vertical sides of his hat seems too wide. If you carry these sides down, they sit outside the sides of his head. They should probably align about midway from the sides of his head to the sides of his hair.
ouzinc.jpg

Sorry for my description being hard to follow. I don't know how else to describe it. If you look at sladesuperagent's hat it sits at the sides of the hair. Also note how the brim covers much of his forehead.
r2m9nn.jpg

Great detailed advice creecher! :cool:

Slade's hat is much deeper than mine therefore it sits lower so I'll deepen the next one a little. Not too much though. I think Slade's hat looks too tall and awkward so I'll have to strike a balance between the two.

I'll take a better picture of this in front of a light background later. I think the fact that the edges aren't that well defined in that pic is making the hat look wider than it is.
Due to the thickness of the felt I can't narrow it up much more than that.:(

Keep the advice and comments coming though guys! :rock

You guys are making some nice strides with your hats, but I'm not sure it'll ever work too well. If you look at the pictures Coco posted, there's minimal hair showing, the hat's tight to his head. The only way you'll get a hat to really look right is to get one small and have someone shave the top of the figure head in the hair area to let the hat come down and press to the head properly.

Back