Statue C3PO Lifesize Bust Special Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you called them up and explained about the delays, etc. I would think you would have a decent chance of getting the deposit refunded.

I called them up this morning and was able to cancel and get my NRD placed on the Aayla Secura PF figure that is coming out in a couple weeks. I might try and pick this one up a few years from now if I decide to keep my life size busts. I have a $10,000 e-ring to pay for this month and just couldnt justify having to 3PO lifesize busts in the collection.

Has anyone else seen that the regular version shows that it is now in stock? The clean version has somehow disappeared from the sideshow website. My preorder for the clean version still appears in "my stuff" but when I go to click on it, it dumps me off at the home page. WTF is going on?!
:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Crap. I liked the clean version better, but since so many people responded unfavorably, it probably didn't sell well, and was pulled.

That seems weird, since it's not like it's truly a separate item -- just a paint variation on an existing sculpt. Plus, it was supposed to start shipping right about now.

Has anyone else seen that the regular version shows that it is now in stock? The clean version has somehow disappeared from the sideshow website. My preorder for the clean version still appears in "my stuff" but when I go to click on it, it dumps me off at the home page. WTF is going on?!
:panic::panic::panic::panic:

There's a big dealer in Germany,his name is "TOY-PALACE",who got an email from sideshow.Here's the full text:

"In July 2011, we solicited item 400106 - C-3PO Life Size Bust - Special Edition.
This item was intended to be a high polished chrome version. Unfortunately, the factory cannot achieve it and we've made them as a battle damaged version instead. They are similar to our previous release. "

Ask at Sideshow if this is a joke or the truth....maybe this is the reason for hiding this piece at their site...

This is my email from sideshow.

We'd like to take a moment to give you an update on your order, XXXXXXXX of the C-3PO - Special Edition Life-Size Bust, item 400106. Here at Sideshow Collectibles we strive to deliver excellence with each and every product we bring to market. For this particular piece, we have found that we have not been able to replicate the polished, fresh-from-the-droid-factory finish that we intended. As a result we will not be able fulfill your order.

:gah::horror:gah::horror:gah:

This is my email from sideshow.

We'd like to take a moment to give you an update on your order, XXXXXXXX of the C-3PO - Special Edition Life-Size Bust, item 400106. Here at Sideshow Collectibles we strive to deliver excellence with each and every product we bring to market. For this particular piece, we have found that we have not been able to replicate the polished, fresh-from-the-droid-factory finish that we intended. As a result we will not be able fulfill your order.

:gah::horror:gah::horror:gah:

so they are canceling this product?

Making a perfect chromed finish isn't easy, but you'd think that they would've looked into the feasibility of doing it before offering it up for preorder. My guess is all of the delays were a result of the factory continuously trying and failing to meet Sideshow's standards, but I don't really understand why they announced that it would be shipping this month only to cancel it. Still, probably better to cancel than to have a bunch of people dissatisfied with the product. I can think of a few things that probably should have been cancelled...

It's just I had this ordered, and expected to receive it around August 2011. They just kept pushing the release forward with a few months all along. That's not a good way of handling business, in my opinion. People end up getting very disappointed.

Absolutely. It's going to mess with a lot of people's plans. I was waiting to see what this looked like before I made a decision about getting the first version of the bust.

I just had the same thing happen to me, very disappointing. I really wanted the shiny version, Sideshow gave a choice as to whether I wanted the order converted to a battle damaged one (they don't actually use the words battle damaged, they just don't say "Special Edition"). I said yes, but I really don't hope I'm disappointing. I'll post back once I get it...

I feel for the folks that had the original weathered version and sold it to pre-order the shiny version. Very disappointing!

What is this "battle-damaged" terminology being thrown around? Is it just the original limited edition weathered one that we're talking about? I wonder how many shiny busts went into production only to be rejected and possibly sold as an alternate variation(battle damaged?) in the near future. I'd be curious to see just how bad the shiny version turned out...

Sorry, you're right, when I asked the Sideshow person today via e-mail what the difference between both was, he said, I quote: "The Special Edition Bust was meant to have a highly polished finish like he was a C-3PO fresh off the assembly line. The in stock version has a more weathered appearance more similar to how he looked in the beginning of New Hope." For some reason I remembered "battle damaged". Anyway, it should be here next week, I'll let you guys know. Thanks.

Back