Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got another one of these regular versions (my second one since the first had issues) and I am a bit concerned about another possible "problem" with this one.

C3PO's arms in the shoulder area are very very stiff and require a lot of force to articulate. They do move but definitely very stiff and I have to almost hold him down with my other hand to rotate them around. Does anyone have this issue and would you recommend something? Perhaps move the shoulders around a bit to losen them up or spray some strategically placed WD40 lol?

I am afraid of snapping something off so figured I'd ask for some advice.

I moved his arms enough to get them where I needed them and haven't touched them since. Not sure how far they go in each direction. Not sure I want to know. Lol

I moved his arms enough to get them where I needed them and haven't touched them since. Not sure how far they go in each direction. Not sure I want to know. Lol

Yeah, it looks like I'll have to do the same thing.

Would anyone like to guess what the Edition Size of the regular Tatooine version is? Always wondered what that is since it's labeled as "Limited Edition" and there are no numbers to go by.

Would anyone like to guess what the Edition Size of the regular Tatooine version is? Always wondered what that is since it's labeled as "Limited Edition" and there are no numbers to go by.

I doubt its too terribly high. Under 750 I'd say.

I doubt its too terribly high. Under 750 I'd say.

Wow, definitely lower than my guess would have been. I was thinking around 2,500 but who knows lol... My flawed logic is that I see far more of them sold on eBay than something like a Grand Moff Tarkin which is at 750 ES.

I think a lot of people trusted that these would be around for quite some time. Speculation of course is that many prolonged pulling the trigger on these (Due to cost and open edition, Storm Trooper PF Anyone???) until it was too late. I was also on the fence at the time because the many other things I wanted at the time. So I would say less are out there than we think. Obviously a formed hypothesis.

I think a lot of people trusted that these would be around for quite some time. Speculation of course is that many prolonged pulling the trigger on these (Due to cost and open edition, Storm Trooper PF Anyone???) until it was too late. I was also on the fence at the time because the many other things I wanted at the time. So I would say less are out there than we think. Obviously a formed hypothesis.

Yeah, definitely possible.

This also brings me to the idea that maybe SS decided to release them individually because people could justify picking these up one at a time instead of dropping 800+ bones on the set. Either way I'm so happy with my set. I think they will eventually be quite sought after one day. Provided they don't get rereleased at one point.

This also brings me to the idea that maybe SS decided to release them individually because people could justify picking these up one at a time instead of dropping 800+ bones on the set. Either way I'm so happy with my set. I think they will eventually be quite sought after one day. Provided they don't get rereleased at one point.

Yeah I agree. Very happy with mine as well.... other than the super stiff shoulder joints that C3PO has which make me nervous every time I need to move them lol. Love the Tatooine base and the fact than they're more dirty (I think) than the new edition.

I actually could've gotten the 200 es ones when it went up but I wasn't collecting Star Wars at the time :slap

I actually missed them at the time because they sold out so quickly, not I was not collecting them. So ended up not ordering at all. Now this new version looks interesting. I might be ending up ordering these later this year if the remain available.

I have my shipping and tracking notice for C-3P0, should be here Monday but still no word on when R2 ships. Surprised a little bit they didn't have any kind of discount or incentive for getting both together, and now they are not even shipping at the same time it seems. I assume it is because the last email I got about them was about how they were tweaking the bases to fit better so maybe it was R2 that got the changes.

Back