Buyer's Remorse? Anyone Ever Bought a Commissioned Headsculpt They Wished They Hadnt?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom Saber

Super Freak
Reaction score
As per the title, has there been a time when you bought a commission HS here that you later regretted. I have. It was several years ao when the forums did group buys and the sculptors did group buys to secure the deal.

The head was commission by an artist who is no longer here at the forums. While the sculptor finished the headsculpt and sent them out to the customers, the head doesn't have a good likeness to the actor it was based on. If I remembered correctly, I also do not think that the sculptor took feedback.

Anyway, the head ended up being around $90, though i would imagine such a head sculpt would sell for $20-30 if offered today.

Ever since the Freaks board removed group buys where the buyers have to pay a deposit before actually seeing wip heads, I think it not only helped reduce the insane 90 dollar heads that is average at best, but allows the buyers to see the progress of a head before they put down cash.

For any sculpts that I personally commissioned, I've never been disappointed. I suppose that's because the sculptors that I dealt with have been so awesome and constantly asked if there was anything that needed to be changed and were always super responsive to questions and critiques if any. I guess you have to find the right person for the job.

For any sculpts that I personally commissioned, I've never been disappointed. I suppose that's because the sculptors that I dealt with have been so awesome and constantly asked if there was anything that needed to be changed and were always super responsive to questions and critiques if any. I guess you have to find the right person for the job.

I concur. Back then, a few of the sculptors (those who are no longer here) were in it just for the money. They went away once the forum stopped doing down payments. While it is true that 1/6 collecting is expensive, the majority of those who are still around do it because they also love it even if the headsculpt is pricy; for expensive heads by known sculptors, the detail is remarkable.

I concur. Back then, a few of the sculptors (those who are no longer here) were in it just for the money. They went away once the forum stopped doing down payments. While it is true that 1/6 collecting is expensive, the majority of those who are still around do it because they also love it even if the headsculpt is pricy; for expensive heads by known sculptors, the detail is remarkable.

Now I concur. :)

Definitely, I guess it took time for the site to grow so to speak with weeding out the bad apple of the sculptors. I feel that a majority if not all of the sculptors here have a true passion for the hobby do it because they love it.

edit. I just realized that next month is my 4 year anniversary on this site and there is no reason to celebrate a 4 year anniversary, maybe 5.

Last edited:
Back