Burton + Depp = Dark Shadows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, another quirky gothic horror/fantasy flick with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. I see Burton's really stepping out of his comfort zone here.

Johnny looks MUCH better here. I think Burton is at his best when he does straight up gothic horror. Sleepy Hollow and Sweeney Todd really let his style shine. However, I'm not a big fan of his family-friendly fantasies (Alice, POTA, Charlie etc.)

Glad he's sticking to what he does right here.

New pic...
still not to crazy about Depp as Barnabas... but I'll wait... he always delivers!

timthumb.php

https://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/27886/

See Johnny Depp As The Haunting Barnabas Collins in 'Dark Shadows'
Thursday, January 12, 2012

Part of EW's 2012 preview, Warners has shared a new look at both Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer in Tim Burton's Dark Shadows, the retelling of the classic teleplay arriving in theaters May 11, 2012. The image isn't all that exciting, but Depp looks haunting as Barnabas Collins.

"The story focuses on Barnabas Collins (Depp), who was transformed into a vampire by a jilted lover (Eva Green's witch Angelique) way back in the 1700s and buried. He's just been dug up, and attempts to reintegrate with his descendants, led by Michelle Pfeiffer's Elizabeth and Jonny Lee Miller's Roger - despite the fact that Angelique is still around and still not in a forgiving mood."

So, another quirky gothic horror/fantasy flick with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. I see Burton's really stepping out of his comfort zone here.

I really didn't mean for this... but I find myself really Hating Helena, I never really cared for her and she's not a bad actress, but I'm just getting so annoyed by her

Johnny looks MUCH better here. I think Burton is at his best when he does straight up gothic horror. Sleepy Hollow and Sweeney Todd really let his style shine. However, I'm not a big fan of his family-friendly fantasies (Alice, POTA, Charlie etc.)

Glad he's sticking to what he does right here.

Completely Agree with this
of course I understand Tim wanting to do something different but those films you mention are awful for me, I also hate Corpse Bride too,
Alice is one of my most hated films, I know people love it but I just can't even finish it again...

Gonna give this one a shot for nostalgia's sake. I used to like the soap opera when I would watch it with my mom after I got home from school when I was in kindergarten. I think it has the potential to make for a really good movie. And Burton is a great director. But to be honest, I am getting a little burnt out on his style.

Yeah, I have to say I like this pic less than the last one... a bit too boyish looking.

But still interested to see how this turns out.

Back