Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunning figures, elvis can you make more close up pice of hicks(eventually without helm) so we can sean better this great facesculpt ?

Quick note. Just another tweak.

Spectre over at the AL forum came up with a great pic 100% confirming Vasquez's 'knight raider' knife tied to her right boot. (which of course mirrors Drake's night raider tied to his left boot.) Just another tidbit of fun accurizing!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this head is an FML sculpt? im selling it but im not even sure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/251254375180?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Some of my old pics of the original HT Vietnam Stoner MG SEAL sculpt "disguised" as Hicks, and the genuine FML reworked "spikey hair" Hicks sculpt, (painted by FML). Yours does look like FML's Hicks to me. No way to tell if it's an original though as the details in the pics are kinda flat. Compare it with my pics and if it's in white resin then it's probably the real deal. Hope this helps.

StonerSpikyHicks1.jpg

StonerSpikyHicks2.jpg

HicksEvolution1.jpg

HicksEvolution2.jpg

HicksEvolution3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! it is definitely the FML sculpt with a different paint job. I had some bad lighting and angles going on i think in the first pics so i put up new ones. It looks better in person.

Thanks guys! I'd been thinking of selling off my set, Drake is the only one assembled and displayed. But, after re-visiting this thread and Seb...holy **** bro!! That did it. Need to re-work my Mancave soon, I've a shelf set aside for the squad, best get working on them!

Man I need to get into painting heads. So many doors out there remain closed to until I can tackle that aspect. I did take a crack at cleaning up Drake. I got a 2nd head a while back to monkey around with and see if my plan would work. It went so well, I said "Screw it" and fixed them both. I ended up selling the the second one off, but I am pleased enough with the results.

(flash is pretty harsh)

Finally got my parcel with 5 pairs of real jungle boots (thank you, Russian Post, you're the best in delivering things for freaking 4 months! :mad:) Looks like it's really true, you just can't stop working on those figures. I've got my first USCM (Drake) in January of 2009, 4+ years ago. lol

Those boots are not very hi quality executed, but still pretty nice and really good articulated. Now my boys looks so much better and natural!

BTW, what's your choice for the shin knife for Drake and Vasq?

BTW, what's your choice for the shin knife for Drake and Vasq?

What did you use for Hicks? If you were happy with it, it can't hurt to keep it going as they all used the same knife. Explorer Night Raiders for the win! Hudson and his Gerber Mk2 are so played out...:wink1:

For Hicks and Hudson I've used some Delta Force dagger, something like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Option...4431?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item23240e06ff
Looks pretty OK, I think.
But I'm not in the military collecting, so I have no stripes and locks to make nice shin holsters. Maybe I should get some ready solution like?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Art-fi...690?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd173ac72
But I don't like this knife, it doesn't look like the dagger from the movie.

If it makes you feel any better, you don't need anything to make "nice shin holsters" because they didnt have nice ones. Just some nylon paracord tied a simple sheath down. Hudson had the bigger, slightly fancier Gerber Mk2 so his should look a little better/cooler. The other guys...eh, go simple.

This is the "Scalemead Survival Knife" (w/bright blade) and/or "Explorer Night Raider" with the black blade finish. (in case anyone needed a close up).

EDIT: It has been pointed out to me on another forum the "Scalemead Survival" version of theknife had the stainless/bright/shiny blade finish while the Explorer night Raider branded knife had the black one. Both knives are identical except for the blade labeling/branding and finish. Both "Scalemead" and "Explorer" are 'export' brands of (most likely) Gutmann Cutlery.

Production photo (Scalemead)

The One I own ;) (Explorer Night Raider)

What I did for my figures is a hack job. I cut parts off of 3 knives and its still a work in progress. The key was just finding a sheath I could cut down to the right length, then finding a handle that wasnt too 'busy' with crazy details and cutting its blade to fit in the cut sheath.

To be honest I'm not happy with mine yet...def a work(s) in progress.

Last edited:
Finally got off my lazy butt and painted up the back of my Hicks armor.

Along with painting some armor graffiti on a couple other projects a long time in the making...:wink1:

Can anyone tell me where I could pick up one of those Apone custom heads. I can barely stand the sight of Apone as it stands and have admired that sculpt for some time now.

Can anyone tell me where I could pick up one of those Apone custom heads. I can barely stand the sight of Apone as it stands and have admired that sculpt for some time now.

You have 2 options: H2C headsculp (with cigar), and Snyder's sculpt. I think these are the only Apone heads in the market.

You have 2 options: H2C headsculp (with cigar), and Snyder's sculpt. I think these are the only Apone heads in the market.

Thanks Vialli, any more info on the H2C one? I've googled and can find references to it but nothing for sale or a good lead on the sellers.

Thanks Vialli, any more info on the H2C one? I've googled and can find references to it but nothing for sale or a good lead on the sellers.

https://h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html

You can contact Lonnie thru the site as well. Its a great sculpt and won't damage your wallet.

Back