Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elvis, these are truly amazing. AMAZING. Hudson's bolo knot and hack kit are mind boggling!!!

A few nit-picky, extremely minor suggestions to help the trek toward perfection:

-Hudson: No grenades. He never had them on his straps at any point.

-Apone: Actually had a belt tool on his left strap (where hicks and hudson had their knives). I know 'belt tools' dont grow on trees though...

-Drake: No hand welder at any point, but did have a knife tied to the outside of his left boot.
20130112_160937_zps985af0ae.jpg

Also, not sure if you wanted to mess with this, but on Drake's reticle he had a blood shot eye painted on there.
20130112_154942_zps08b9cf9f.jpg

Again, amazing.

LOOOL! So true. You just CAN'T finish your USCM marines. Ever. Never. So much to do for them. Always. LOL. :rotfl

They're looking nice. I really like Hicks expression you've done with eyes direction and helmet.
But I still don't take pity that I have mine with no helmet. ))) Want to see your Vasq! *___*

Are you going to repaint pulse rifle's counters into red? :|
Also I think that you need to level up shoulders to your Bishop. The neck looks too long, bro.

And we really need some good custom set to do Newt. (((((((((((((((((((

Finally gonna get Hudsom and Bishop this week! :thud:

THanks my friend, I know what you mean about Bishop, I will fix the neck asap :)

And you're 100% right about NEWT!

Elvis, these are truly amazing. AMAZING. Hudson's bolo knot and hack kit are mind boggling!!!

A few nit-picky, extremely minor suggestions to help the trek toward perfection:

-Hudson: No grenades. He never had them on his straps at any point.

-Apone: Actually had a belt tool on his left strap (where hicks and hudson had their knives). I know 'belt tools' dont grow on trees though...

-Drake: No hand welder at any point, but did have a knife tied to the outside of his left boot.
20130112_160937_zps985af0ae.jpg

Also, not sure if you wanted to mess with this, but on Drake's reticle he had a blood shot eye painted on there.
20130112_154942_zps08b9cf9f.jpg

Again, amazing.

WOW thanks for those man, I didn't noticed those, I will def incorpored those mods onto my figures.

Like I said this is an ever ending project, too many details to add but so much fun.

Do you have a pics by any chance of apone tool belt?

Yeeeah, you know like these prehistoric stuff:

250px-Wien_NHM_Venus_von_Willendorf.jpg

...just realized... o___O Drake HAS boobs!!!! Vasquez was right! He IS girl!!! O____O O M G...

WOW! Thanks, man! That looks like necessarily job for me! :D And Seb,too. lol.
Also... what's on his hand? Butt image? )))

You know, I am not sure what that was supposed to mean. It looks kind of arabic, right? But surely that doesnt make any sense! It must have meant something to Mark Rolston, as they actors were in charge of their character's "personalization" graffiti.

elvis1976 said:
WOW thanks for those man, I didn't noticed those, I will def incorpored those mods onto my figures.

Like I said this is an ever ending project, too many details to add but so much fun.

Do you have a pics by any chance of apone tool belt?

The clearest shot I have of it is from the continuity polaroid.
Continuity-Apone_zps44af6bc0.jpg

Apone has such a busy upper area with the VP70 holster and binoculars its real easy to miss, but once you realize what to look for you will notice it in a lot of the actual scenes.

Another thing I couldnt tell if you incorporated on drake was his gun graffiti. Its probably been covered on this thread, but if anyone wanted a pic, drake has "My *****" (not "TOM"!) written on the smart gun and "GRRRRRR" on the hand guard.
20130112_160829_zpsf92b4480.jpg

Getting these details together has been an obsession of mine for my own figures (thats why i have the pics handy!), but I keep wussing out when its time to paint them!!

If mine turn out even a 1/4 as well as yours have, I'll be thrilled.

Awesome, thanks of all the adviecs on that project.

I have drake grafiti on the gun, I will have full picture once he is finished.

I also scored 4 pair of DAm jungle boots, they will all have the same pair of boots now!

Yap. I actually did this "MY B***" and "GRRRRRR" on my Drake. I think they did not make it coz generally it's a toy.

176903891.jpg

And there is "E" missing on Hudson's armor, it should be "LOUISE":

171579156.jpg

I also scored 4 pair of DAm jungle boots, they will all have the same pair of boots now!
Sweet! Congratz!
I've picked up 5 pairs from HotToys Platoon. :YES!:

Last edited:
Yap. I actually did this "MY B***" and "GRRRRRR" on my Drake. I think they did not make it coz generally it's a toy.

176903891.jpg

And there is "E" missing on Hudson's armor, it should be "LOUISE":

171579156.jpg

Those look great! What did you use to paint the "GRRRRR"? The fine detail and small letters are the a big part of my hesitancy to dive in so far. I also need to put Ferro's "Fly the Friendly Skies" on the helmet of the figure I made of her, but can't find a white paint pen that is fine enough.

I've used acrylic paints by Games Workshop (my fav.), Skull White 61-54. And one veeeeery thin brush, 000 size. And just paint it. If you'll make a mistake - let it dry and took off redundant paint with toothpick. This way you'll make it tiny and accurate. ;) After put some matt finishing, let it dry and drybrush it with black paint to make it look old and dirty. That's it!

I've started the eye right now. It's not final, but it's soooooooooooooo cool on the figure. Thanks for shot, man!

Those look great! What did you use to paint the "GRRRRR"? The fine detail and small letters are the a big part of my hesitancy to dive in so far. I also need to put Ferro's "Fly the Friendly Skies" on the helmet of the figure I made of her, but can't find a white paint pen that is fine enough.

Small brush is your friend :lol I never found a white pen that was small enough.

Next one will probably be Vaz then Ferro and Frost.

Just thought I'd post a quick snap of how my own Hudson is looking. Got a snyderman headsculpt on the way along with the knife. Still looking for the belt tool and hacking pouch if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks :)

009_zps63a55a61.jpg

Just thought I'd post a quick snap of how my own Hudson is looking. Got a snyderman headsculpt on the way along with the knife. Still looking for the belt tool and hacking pouch if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks :)

009_zps63a55a61.jpg

Man Nick, you are the master. Your 1/6th armor paint looks just as good as the full sized gear. Damn shame your so far away or I'd be filling boxes with stuff needing your attention!

Back