Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the hats- I have the one on the left (DML David Wong) and its great. Fits like a real baseball hat - some don't. The patch is a removable paper sticker. You'd still need a USCM patch, though.

There's gotta be a way to come up with patches like the EVA set.

Don't know about the sniper rifle, maybe ask at scifimilitary?

hey, does anybody know the best way to re-attach one of the hands on my Drake figure? He fell over and a couple pieces on the smartgun broke off as well as his left hand. ive re-attached the smartgun pieces with superglue but that doesnt seem to want to work on his wrist joint. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I have the same problem with that same hand of Drake's. Had to glue it back on in a fixed position, now the wrist doesnt twist or anything.

Hehe yeah my Drake is broken all over the place, right hand, that ^^^^ing red and black plug that comes from his smartgun and goes into his chest, and the handle he holds with his left hand.

Oh and I got that replacement Hudson figure and I swapped out the hs and he looks terrific sporting it! I especially like that he is looking sideways.

Hehe yeah my Drake is broken all over the place, that ^^^^ing red and black plug that comes from his smartgun and goes into his chest, .
I have the same prblem on Vasquez and for some reason superglue wont fix it. WTF??!!

FYI - there's another Hudson knockoff on Ebay. I only mention it because USCM stuff is so rare.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360094870567
Yeah, I just received mine today. The sculpt is a bit goofy looking esp with his teeth showing. I'm disappointed that the arms dont have as much articulation in them esp at the elbows compared to HT. In general the articulation is a bit stiff too but it is better than HT in the knees though. I'm using one for Apone and I'll get another for Gorman.

Anyone got any tips for getting the feet out of the boots??

200661520383097895.jpg
200661520391053997.jpg

Hi guys

I'm currently making my Hicks more movie accurate and I'm currently trying to find the correct or near enough style of knife they use. I've checked monkey depot and ebay (a suggestion by a very kind board member) but can't seem to find the right one. Any ideas or links guys?

So continuing with the title of this thread, I noticed in one of hte othe ALIENS threads the answer to a question I had.

Does Movie Drake have a pistol/carry any of the belted gear that HT Drake comes with?

The answer is NO.

Watching him during the APC sequence, you can see that Drake is carying nothing but his Smartgun gear/chestpiece. You can see plenty of shots from front and rear as he positions himself to exit the APG and he's got nothing.

It appears that it is the same gear from Hudson.

Looks like I got some equipment for another Marine! :joy

Just thought you should know.

Hi guys

I'm currently making my Hicks more movie accurate and I'm currently trying to find the correct or near enough style of knife they use. I've checked monkey depot and ebay (a suggestion by a very kind board member) but can't seem to find the right one. Any ideas or links guys?

If you do a search through this thread, the answers should be there (Me? I just spent a couple of days at work and went through each entry and pulled the notes I needed!)

I believe the answers are:
-The weapon in particular was a Gerber MK II combat knife.

-The most accurate in 1/6 was a sheathed resin reproduction sold by EVA Models (The great Chris 'FNG' Chulamanis-RIP). I don't believe those are being sold anymore (anyone know?).

-Others have used a a Glock Knife off of BBI Lucifer or a "classic" Skykes-Fairnbain dagger or a WWII German dagger as a fill-in.

Hope this helps.

I have a few extra knives from Chris Chulamanis! He sent me a batch of them before he passed away. They were all made "fixed" inside their black sheaths. Chris called them "Gerber boot knives" since that is what they were. I'll try to find the pictures I took of me holding them in the palm of my hand. Chris was also very kind to send me one or two of the knives without being inside the sheaths. So that was VERY cool of him to do that! What a great guy he was! :D

About the hats- I have the one on the left (DML David Wong) and its great. Fits like a real baseball hat - some don't. The patch is a removable paper sticker. You'd still need a USCM patch, though.

There's gotta be a way to come up with patches like the EVA set.

Don't know about the sniper rifle, maybe ask at scifimilitary?

Perhaps these will be of help to folks still completing their marines:

Alienspatches01.jpg

I got that same great set of fabric USCM patches from Chis Chulamanis too! I've only used a few of them for my custom Bishop. I'll post pictures of those knives I got from Chris soon.

I just started headpainting and am finding it challenging, yet satisfying. However, I also have some armor, helmets, etc.. that I think would require some military type touches. I have no clue how to paint a camo pattern and would hate to screw up some of these pieces, (like the armor from Chris), or make them unuseable.
Anyone have camo painting tips?

Last edited:
I just started headpainting and am finding it challenging, yet satisfying. However, I also have some armor, helmets, etc.. that I think would require some military type touches. I have no clue how to paint a camo pattern and would hate to screw up some of these pieces, (like the armor from Chris), or make them unuseable.
Anyone have camo painting tips?

I'm still working on the armour buildup for the memorial figure we're doing for Chris... if you aren't in a hurry, I'd be happy to post some pics, along with a brief tutorial for you, in this (or that) thread when I start painting the camo patterns.

(My main computer's still down at the moment, so I can't post any pics now anyway)... :(:monkey2

Back