Building/3D printing a figure, and finding out how as i go along :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep hoping there will be more pictures every time I sign on! Updates soon? ;)

Hey thanks!
Well the latest update is that i printed a few more parts, mostly the joints or the bits near it. To see if i could make them even firmer or close the gaps some more.
It worked on some parts really well so thats good. The visible changes are really small tho, like a few more degrees of rotation on a joint or slightly smaller joint gaps. Dont think you would even see the differences here :) Some changes made it into the pictures below others didnt because i dont always print full parts. The knees especially got a little better when bend but again all just small changes (not in the picture yet).
Also made to different heads, one with holes for the hair and one without. will try hair on both to see what works better.
Visually the figure wont change much more so i decided to have it painted. Really need to see how it will look in paint, especially the face, with hair and some clothes and feathers. And i guess people interested in the figure feel the same :)
So now the figure is at the painter, the last pictures i made are these:

edit: oh i also talked with the guy that makes the eyes and he recommend me a different pair. Got those made and will have them this weekend aswell. Hope they look good!

figure_posing_by_fierox-d74a15u.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, yes, yes! Do you have photos of new eyes?

Yes, unfortunatly i dont have the figure back yet, its still being painted.
But here's a picture of just the eyes. Cant wait to try and see if everything fits and how it looks, especially with blue faces :)

eyes.jpg

HI buddy!!!...i saw that you hit me up in the other site...but just to let you know...i'm mainly here...but THANK YOU for letting me know....i really LOVE the progress in this and can't wait to get this all done and pretty'd up....:)

Wow Edwin. What a cool project you've taken on and executed pretty well flawlessly. Thanks for taking the time to post your WIPs here :bow

Not much, unfortunatly i'm not happy with how the figure turned out after paint and now its chipping off aswell.
I cant really blame the painter, he's just not detailed and "into" it enough for my taste on what a figure like this (or other sixth scale) deserves.
I dont know any other painters locally and i'm not sure i want to buy all the stuff to have a go myself.
That wouldnt be easy aswell since i moved to the digitall paining so long ago it would certainly take some time to relearn.
On top of that my car died so i had to buy a new one leaving my funds at an all time low.
Recovering from sickness atm, good time to think on how to continue i guess.

WP_20140225_02_36_22_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Sure. This figure is made of two types of 3d printed plastic tho, might not be as easy or fun to paint.
Its all a bit of an experiment really, perhaps its closest to a prototype.
Although its possible to make a copy in a "normal" material, thats too expensive for a single figure and would require a low volume.

Back