Build your own Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no generalgrevious ,clparker is making only my bandolier, i got my head from him and the feet are going to my friend Pete to finish. he may need to Jerry rig it to fit into the ankle socket. im not concern with joint movement because he doesn't need it. only need to add an inch to legs and he will be good to go. I still need to make a mesh body suit to be skn tight to give the hair tooth to cling to. i can hand stitch the fabric near ankle since i have to leave some opening to make room for feet.

the irony is these feet add already 1/2 inch to height so that makes Pete's job a synch to do.

im not sewing the hair on im adhearing it to mesh like a big giant wig cap

sure it's not going to be cheep though because of the hand gleing and then i have to treat the hair so it will look right.

I think the fur preps might take a month or so to do with wait time and ploting out the spots. I will try to sew in the hair like they do with hair extensions in peoples heads. I don't think that will work here unless hair is long enough and only some layers would be optimal for sewing into it so if i do that i will have to alternate sewing with gluing.

Last edited:
SSC would have to hire every sweat shop out there (shh it's a secret just ask Niki back in the 80's) to get this to be cheap enough that people would buy a proper furred suit. although if the do a fair trade with someone who makes the hair it could be avoided and the country the fur comes from would make a buck and ssc could make a buck and everyone is happy, if not look at hasbro's fur suit and if sideshow could buy up rights to volks neo-eb-go/guy bodies since they stoped selling the male bodies and just extend limbs voila. you have yourself a chewbacca

well i guess our custom chewie`s will have to do until the mean time. still consider me in for a suit anyways down the road once you have the blue prints figured out

OK will do. Will i be doing the head? if so your going to want to pain head ahead of time i don't do paint I tried and I suck at it.

one suggestion maybe lower his behive just by 1/4" then it would be perfect.

just an FYI I will need a body to put this on since it's not like a suit you can throw on him .

There sold out right now the office in china told me it would be ahile before the restock them. this body would also work for a scarecrow from batman figure as well. but we have time and when they restock them I will give you link.

I'll have to ask him since mods like that is not his specialty, he is only doing mine because i asked nicely and im paying him.

the thread is not dead I am excited as well it's just he takes soo damn long to do. I am waiting on the body mods, then I have to hair him. with drying time of glue that might take a month to do properly.

Back