Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is your opinion ppl whether this model without additional painting will look good? or it will be presented as Hasbro toy?

I say this model needs painting done to it post build. I'm not liking the way it looks straight from DeAgostini.

Got in the first month today... really impressed with the quality. I do think the parts will benefit from some extra work, but I think these parts look better than what I saw at CVII at least in terms of the outer hull's weathering.

The cockpit parts will definitely benefit from some paint work, but that's all pretty easy stuff and doesn't have to be 100% perfect as it will always be displayed in an enclosure.

Got in the first month today... really impressed with the quality. I do think the parts will benefit from some extra work, but I think these parts look better than what I saw at CVII at least in terms of the outer hull's weathering.

The cockpit parts will definitely benefit from some paint work, but that's all pretty easy stuff and doesn't have to be 100% perfect as it will always be displayed in an enclosure.
That's good to hear. I wasn't to impress at CVII.

Yeah, the booth a CVII was pretty underwelming. It's odd they didn't have a stock version for display and the "custom" one was half-assed and semi-broken.

Yeah, the booth a CVII was pretty underwelming. It's odd they didn't have a stock version for display and the "custom" one was half-assed and semi-broken.

Wow, that's too bad really.
At least having an unpainted model there would give potential customers a look at what they could build.

Yeah, not to mention the guy at the booth was a bit of a ****** :lol

He was kind of helpful, but seemed put out by the whole experience.

Yeah, not to mention the guy at the booth was a bit of a ****** :lol

He was kind of helpful, but seemed put out by the whole experience.
He seemed fine when I talked to him. I think I went by there in Thur though so maybe he was less annoyed earlier in the week.

I don't think this was posted here, but the weathering Tutorial from Fitchenfoo seems like a really good one to bookmark for future use. He's working on a Fine Molds, but the concept should still work here.

I've never used oils though, so there might be a bit of a learning curve despite the tutorial being pretty straight forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wreblsPaUhU

This may be a stupid question but does anybody know how the magazines go in the binder?i haven't seen a binder since I was a kid and they had 3metal rings that opened inside,I opened this up and my mind was blown,I never seen anything like it and I got no idea how it works.

Cut two pins and place one through the first hole in top top of the binder, slide an issue onto the pin through the issue's center and then put the other pin up through the bottom of the binder and center of the issue.

Repeat.

Binder will hold 20 issues.

Cut two pins and place one through the first hole in top top of the binder, slide an issue onto the pin through the issue's center and then put the other pin up through the bottom of the binder and center of the issue.

Repeat.

Binder will hold 20 issues.

I assume we will get a total of 5 binders then, I hope...

From the description it sounded like only the first binder was free... I could be wrong about that though. The magazines are pretty nice, not something I need and if it cost less I'd happily have skipped :lol

But they are a nice addition.

Back