Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any display case ideas for this? I know I have a little over two years to figure it out, but already plotting how to display this thing to do it full justice. I love the glass coffee table photos I've seen posted with the MR Falcon in it but assumed that was a full custom...

Hi All ,

Just checking in as I am also subscribed to build the falcon. I have the first 6 issues so far. I'm one of the few who is waiting for a year or so before starting as I am away with work a lot over the next year. its great reading peoples progress and modifications on here and rebel scum - 'll be collecting all the best ideas and looking forward to getting stuck in.

Anyone else collecting and waiting?

JR

Hi All ,

Just checking in as I am also subscribed to build the falcon. I have the first 6 issues so far. I'm one of the few who is waiting for a year or so before starting as I am away with work a lot over the next year. its great reading peoples progress and modifications on here and rebel scum - 'll be collecting all the best ideas and looking forward to getting stuck in.

Anyone else collecting and waiting?

JR

I am likely going to collect and wait for about six months, do the build and then collect and wait another six months. I need to figure out a good space to store my progress once I do start building. If I can't figure that out, I may just wait the entire 25 months and take a week vacation and build it in one big bang :)

I am likely going to collect and wait for about six months, do the build and then collect and wait another six months. I need to figure out a good space to store my progress once I do start building. If I can't figure that out, I may just wait the entire 25 months and take a week vacation and build it in one big bang :)

It takes a lot of discipline to wait that long before building. :)

How confident are you guys that this will be at least on par with the Master Replicas Falcon, quality and detail wise. I know the MR doesnt have an interior, but I mostly concerned with the exterior and the pre painting provided by Deag

It looks like it'll need a little work in the paint department to be on par with MR from what I've seen, but not too much so.

How confident are you guys that this will be at least on par with the Master Replicas Falcon, quality and detail wise. I know the MR doesnt have an interior, but I mostly concerned with the exterior and the pre painting provided by Deag

Just giving my first impressions of the kit. I am building it along side my MR Falcon so I am comparing it literally side by side. Detail wise I would say it is 9/10...MR being a 10(I am only talking a few bits here and there that no one except OCD people like me notice) Sturdiness 10/10 the metal frame is genius, and the fit and finish is tight! In the end it will be an amazing display piece just the way it comes. Of course it can always be taken to the next level with a repaint and a few added details, but even out of the box it will be a show stopper with its sheer size. What DeAgostini has come up with here is just plain fun. You will kick yourself if you don't hop on board now. :)

I'm pretty much 100% sure I'll be doing this... but since they'll be at CVII I'm hoping I can see the complete model in person before I commit.

Getting my first pack next week as it just shipped. This is going to be amazing. So glad I get to put this together and add the personal touch. The MR falcon is ridiculously good, but with its rediculous price I would rather get this and have the reward of building it. For thousands of dollars less than current prices.:)

Just giving my first impressions of the kit. I am building it along side my MR Falcon so I am comparing it literally side by side. Detail wise I would say it is 9/10...MR being a 10(I am only talking a few bits here and there that no one except OCD people like me notice) Sturdiness 10/10 the metal frame is genius, and the fit and finish is tight! In the end it will be an amazing display piece just the way it comes. Of course it can always be taken to the next level with a repaint and a few added details, but even out of the box it will be a show stopper with its sheer size. What DeAgostini has come up with here is just plain fun. You will kick yourself if you don't hop on board now. :)
Nice! Sounds good.
Do you think you'll be able to post some pics of your progress? That would be much appreciated.

Already have the MR falcon, don't need two falcons!

I'm pretty much 100% sure I'll be doing this... but since they'll be at CVII I'm hoping I can see the complete model in person before I commit.

I am thinking the same thing. I also want to make sure there is commitments that the prices wont change.

You do about what?
One thing is to make comments on quality, build, tech stuff...Share useful info, or critique...
But saying you don't need it, is like going into a site that shares beef recipes, and say you don't eat beef.
So again - Who the F cares...

You do about what?
One thing is to make comments on quality, build, tech stuff...Share useful info, or critique...
But saying you don't need it, is like going into a site that shares beef recipes, and say you don't eat beef.
So again - Who the F cares...

I care that I have one and that he has one, unless you don't know what you were asking about originally? I'm going to a site about statues, that happens to have a thread about a kit of a prop model and responding to someone who plans to get one and already has a MR falcon asking why would you would not get it. Thereby explaining to someone who is in a similar circumstance why I would not get one. I am also reading it because even if I don't plan on getting it (due to my aforementioned already having an existing comparable falcon) I am interested in it, and especially their future plans where they expressed they may do an X-Wing which gives me a vested interest in how this pans out.

Your post is actually the most irrelevant one in this thread, though going by your last post in this thread about the screws I could already tell your plan in life is to be a ****. Also your analogy is stupid, because if this was like a beef recipe sharing site it would be like me going to that site saying that I not only eat beef, but I have a beef recipe almost exactly like this.

Last edited:
Back