Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not into Falcon, but check out this thread on Rebelscum, especially this post, a lot of interesting info: DeAgostini 'Build The Millennium Falcon' - Page 38
Thank you for that link.

It seems everything he touches on was established in this video of Master Replica's co-founder Stephen Dymszo. The only thing I question is the rumor of remote controlled parts. That's quite a surprise if true.

Here's that video (I believe it was posted a few pages back as well) and it's worth a look to understand the planning behind the Deagostini Falcon:

Look what just arrived double boxed and in great shape:

View attachment 172459
View attachment 172460

Congrats!

Let us know your thoughts.
I'm interested in learning how the parts fit together, that is, whether or not they fit snugly/firm or loose fitting. I'd imagine that snap-together pieces would have a bit of rattling once snapped together. That would annoy me especially on a model of this caliber.

I just cut open the first container and checked out the metal framing pieces and I'm very impressed with the sturdiness and thickness. The metal would be very hard to bend by hand and is more than strong enough to hold a 30 or 40 lb model together. Below are pics showing the thickness which is slightly more than a US quarter. Based just upon inspecting the frame pieces this is going to be one kick arse model and I'm very happy to be able to build one.

Frame piece thickness.jpg frame thickness to quarter.jpg

Congrats!

Let us know your thoughts.
I'm interested in learning how the parts fit together, that is, whether or not they fit snugly/firm or loose fitting. I'd imagine that snap-together pieces would have a bit of rattling once snapped together. That would annoy me especially on a model of this caliber.

I did all I could with the first 4 assemblies now including attaching the first hull piece. It pushes into lugs and then you use self-tapping screws to secure it with 8 total screws. I have no worries that any of the hull will ever come loose. As for the pieces that push together, all of them so far can be glued permanently into place. Time to open up my new airbrush and order some paints for some customizing.

hull piece screwed.jpg

Attachments

• Assembly 1 to 4 first framing w hull TP1.jpg
    Assembly 1 to 4 first framing w hull TP1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 213
Thanks B1ue for the feedback. The sturdy frame is a good start.
It'll be tough waiting 4 weeks for the next pieces.

Just curious, how will the paint job on this compare to the Master Replicas one without any custom work done?

There is someone on RPF making upgrades for DeAgostini Millennium Falcon:

the RPF

You need to be logged in to be able to see the thread, thus some details below:

Falcon DeAgo by TonyRR on Shapeways

deagfalcon.jpg
That's awesome. More pieces to bring the Falcon to life. :yess:

However, the set already comes with a Dejarik table, perhaps the Navigator seat as well (not sure about this one). I guess these 3D prints are suppose to be more detailed???

Anyway, I do like the idea of custom pieces to add to the overall presentation of the Falcon.

I don't understand why they would bother to paint any of it if they're not going to finish it.

I don't feel comfortable attempting to paint pieces of a collectible I'll end up spending $1600 - $1800 on.

Yes, but the MR version doesn't open up to display any interior as far as I'm aware.

Nothing on this has to be painted if the buyer doesn't want to. It will still look great.

Back