Buffy/Angel line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

**16k**

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, I don't often come into this section although I'm a great fan of both series.

So a question: how come none of you guys has ever started a commission for hs in order to get some great characters we've never had? I'd really like to see Miss Calendar, Wesley, Anya, Fred and Gunn, so anyone would be in?

If so do you think we could get Trevor to do this the way he di Firefly?

Cheers,

JP

Dunno if you could get Trev to do it - He's said before that it's a big no-no at Sideshow to make custom sculpts of Sideshow-held properties on the side, and I'm pretty sure they still hold the Buffy rights.

Yeah, I've been in contact with Trev and he says he's not keen to touch anything that Sideshow currently holds a license for, but he said maybe further down the line he'd be interested.

I was after commissioning him to do a Wesley or Giles myself.

I am pretty sure there is already a thread for this, so a mod can possibly move this there? I'll search for it and link it.

I don't think anyone is going to touch a commission on this right now. Especially with interest slowing down.

The problem is that none of the sculptors here (Trevor excluded) that tend to produce heads of their own volition show any real interest in Buffy, at least not enough to make a Tara or Anya. Those kind of characters come from true love of the series.

I will talk again with a sculptor who showed some interest in doing replacement heads for Willow and Faith. That is our most realistic goal because swap-out heads means more interest due to less worry about outfits.

We've tried several times over the years to do this. Spenser did a Wesley which was pretty good, Binky did a Willow which was a definite improvement over what we got, and a Gunn.
I've purchased more than a few custom heads. The last one was considerably more than Trevor charged for his FF heads and the quality in sculpt and casting wasn't even close to what Mr Grove has provided so I am reluctant to take the chance until I see the finished product, especially with how difficult some of the likenesses are to capture.
I love 1/6 figures and have no interest in statues so I would be all for it if it were done right but I don't see it happening.

I have Spensors head, and although It really did look like Wesley, I personally thought It was a wee bit too undersized and didn't use It for that reason. i also think that Spencer could do far better now compared to back then.

I keep meaning to have ago, but what with my eyesight the way it is and other things that keep cropping up It never seems to get stared. :lol:

At the moment I'm trying to get William Shatners Toupee to create a Capt Jack Harkness custom head for a thread we've got going in the customs area. Maybe in the future and If we could get a minimum of 16 people who'd be interested we could get him to do a few select Buffy/Angel characters too? It's just a thought.

I am determined to get something sorted though as I want my Wesley!! :D

That's actually what I had in mind!

Maybe we could start an interest thread in the custom section, list all the characters we'd want, and see if it garners interest and in what order. If we reach rhat many people, then we could try and see if WST is interested. If not, then someone else...

I have Spensors head, and although It really did look like Wesley, I personally thought It was a wee bit too undersized and didn't use It for that reason. i also think that Spencer could do far better now compared to back then.

I keep meaning to have ago, but what with my eyesight the way it is and other things that keep cropping up It never seems to get stared. :lol:

At the moment I'm trying to get William Shatners Toupee to create a Capt Jack Harkness custom head for a thread we've got going in the customs area. Maybe in the future and If we could get a minimum of 16 people who'd be interested we could get him to do a few select Buffy/Angel characters too? It's just a thought.I am determined to get something sorted though as I want my Wesley!! :D

Back