BRUCE LEE Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Way of the Dragon figure in my pic below cost a little over $300, but that was in Japan, where everything costs more. :monkey4
Expect to pay plenty if you do happen to find one, but know that you won't regret it once you have one of your own! :D

The sculpt is a great sculpt, it just doesn't seem to capture Bruce for some reason; the Little Big Head "feels" more like Bruce while being a lesser sculpt, but the Premium Format just doesn't invoke the essence of Bruce... if you understand what I'm trying to say.

2301.jpg
7191_press09-001.jpg

I understand Lonnie, and I agree. the PF sculpt IS a great sculpt, just not of Bruce Lee. Instead it's of a random asian guy or maybe a stunt double...(right, as if Lee needed one.)

I only even found out there WAS a BL PF last night in the SS newsletter.

I'm stunned, "A Bruce Lee PF by Sideshow?". Went to the page immediately, all excited, I had entertained and watched Enterbay figs on evilbay for the last month.

Just to explain: Bruce Lee has significantly influenced my life, I actually teach martial arts professionally, in fact I teach Wing Tsun (a specific branch of Wing Chun, BL's original martial art).

When I saw how enterbay's figures actually LOOKED like Bruce I started to desire to get one. And now Sideshow has a PF??

I get to the page and... wow.

What a letdown. Unbefrickinlievable. What were they thinking, especially when they have Enterbay to compete with.

Part of me thought what someone else already mentioned, I guess they think all Chinese look the same... :monkey4

Count me out. And I would have considered $500 for an awesome BL PF.

Beren

There are obviously more than a few long time Bruce Lee fans here. I'm sure we all felt a surge of excitement at the announcement of a 1:4 scale PF version of the Little Dragon. Frankly, I'm surprised they actually unveiled this in its present state. Maybe they were going for a younger version, but it still doesn't look like him. The paint apps definitely don't help it any. What the ??? were they thinking?!?

I guess they think all Chinese look the same...

This is a touchy aspect to discuss, but since a couple of people have raised it now, I have to say I agree.

There have been many, many attempts at capturing Lee's likeness over the years, and before Arnie Kim came along, it looked like an impossible task. As I've looked at equally miserable attempts from both sides of the Pacific, it occurred to me that there might be a genuine racial aspect to the problem. Lee was the son of a Chinese father and Caucasian mother, and I think he looks "a little different" to people everywhere. I think that Caucasians see a man whose eyelids indicate that he is Asian, period. But it seems to me that a number of Asian sculptors see a man with an unusually long, Caucasian-shaped face. It's the feature that jumps out from Asian sculpts: a long, horse face. Look at Medicom's original 1:6 release, years before the current one that owes so much to Arnie's portrait.

Sideshow would be unlikely to get Arnie to do it; he's a principal in Enterbay and if he does a 1:4 scale version again, it will surely be Enterbay's own release.

But I think the lower half of the face in this PF is close. The eyes are generic and their focus looks mismatched, and the breaks in the hair bangs are wrong. I do hope they send this back for resculpting; it's a huge potential seller that looks right now like the second coming of the Elvis PF: DOA.

This Sculpt May Have Pass For Good 5 Years Ago But, The Problem Is That Arnie Kim And Enterbay Have Created The Definitive Bruce Lee Scuplts Nowaday..everything Else Looks Subpar.sideshow Didnt Live Up To Expectation On That One.

it actually looks more like fei long off of tekken... Maybe they should change the marketing on the box TEKKEN!... yeah that scuplt looks nothing like bruce. REDO OVER

it actually looks more like fei long off of tekken... Maybe they should change the marketing on the box TEKKEN!... yeah that scuplt looks nothing like bruce. REDO OVER

Fei Long from Super Street Fighter II you mean.

RAH: RAG
Real Action Hero presents...
Random Asian Guy

maybe it's the pursed lips,
maybe it's the hair,

but considering they got a good Harrison Ford for Indy,
and other sculpts were pretty darn good,...

Well... there are a lot of images of Bruce Lee from many angles...

As an asian, i look and think... huh. looks like a random asian guy, not BL.

I think he looks more like Bruce Li. Close...but not the real thing.

They call me...Bruce

Bruce Wang? as in... asian batman?

No. They call me Bruce.

Oh... wait, asian way is Bluce

No. Bruce.

Not Bruce Lee?!?!?

No. Bruce... Li! I was Shang Tsung's body double. Listen....
"Frawress victoly"

The sculpt very much reminds me of Jason Scott Lee from Dragon: The Bruce Lee story. The eyes especially.

I really wanted to like this... But no. Sure i'll save some money, but i'd rather have a Bruce Lee PF :rotfl
The pose is really good but it looks like i'll stick with Enterbay for now.

Yeah, the resemblance is not that good. Certainly not Enterbay good. As an Asian myself it looks like any other asian dude. I really wanted to like this one. When I go to Comic-con in a couple of months and see it in person I'll decide if I want it.

too bad Enterbay created a toy doll of him. If Enterbay creates a statue of him, then i'll buy it for sure. For now, i'll continue to wait for a statue of Bruce.

I love the pose of this PF, very dynamic...but the headsculpt is ashamed... :monkey4

Here a picture of Sideshow / Enterbay :

7191_press09-001.jpg
w85806616.jpg

(on the top Sideshow, on the bottom Enterbay)

Enterbay win by KO, by far !
In addition, the Enterbay have the same price that this PF, so the choice is an evidence for all Bruce Lee fans :cool:

Enterbay win by KO with the one inch punch.
Arnie Kim has sculpted Bruce from numerous periods of his life and with differing expressions and all are pretty much perfect.
As a previous poster stated the PF would have been awesome 5 years ago but Arnie Kim has raised the bar so high that I have to wonder whether his sculpts will ever be bettered as they certainly aren't by this SSC offering.

Back