BRUCE LEE Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youre probably not a true bruce lee fan if youre glad this piece was the disappointment that it is. This would have been THE bruce lee representation to own...

Lee was the son of a Chinese father and Caucasian mother, and I think he looks "a little different" to people everywhere.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that his mother was Caucasian. As I understand it she was part German part Chinese. Not that it's an important detail, really, but my son is half Asian so I'm kind of interested in the traits common to half Asian people. Bruce does not look half Asian to me by any stretch of the imagination.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that his mother was Caucasian. As I understand it she was part German part Chinese. Not that it's an important detail, really, but my son is half Asian so I'm kind of interested in the traits common to half Asian people. Bruce does not look half Asian to me by any stretch of the imagination.

me either..

It's a sad day when you realize you can't count on Sideshow to come through on PFs either anymore.

:(

They are so hit or miss now... both in products and QC.

Yeah with SS it seems:

Trevor/Gore Group = Solid Gold.

Everyone else = Total crap shoot.

I'm kind of worried about Conan now.... :monkey2

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that his mother was Caucasian. As I understand it she was part German part Chinese.

Well, that's a new one on me. I didn't know that. Guess that blows my theory about why all the sculpts that came out from PlayAlong, Creation, even Medicom the first time around, were all so miserable. I think the first one I ever liked was the second TAO release, the one with the extra "angry" head. I've sold off a lotta lousy Bruce Lee figs over the years. I wonder why he remains so hard to capture.

Man, I hope Sideshow fixes this, but I'm afraid it's not going to happen.

Well, some people are just like that for whatever reason. Take Harrison Ford. Everybody knows what he looks like, but it seems like there are VERY few sculpts that really capture him.

His grandfather from his mother’s side was half German. So to say he was half caucasian is untrue. Brandon Lee his son was half asian, you can consider Bruce to have been (almost) fully asian.

Last edited:
Youre probably not a true bruce lee fan if youre glad this piece was the disappointment that it is. This would have been THE bruce lee representation to own...

Nope I'm a huge Bruce Fan! Just glad I get to save some money.. had nothing to do with Status of being a fan or not. I only have one Enterbay fig right now only cause I don't have a disposable income like most. :monkey3

His grandfather from his mother’s side was half German.

Wow! 8th, where'd you learn that? I've been trying to recall where I got the idea his mother was Caucasian, and I think it was from a film documentary. I looked at Wikipedia -- I know, I know, not the greatest source but the Bruce Lee article seemed to be thoroughly researched. It said something else that surprised me. It said he received his high school diploma from a technical school that is part of the community college system. I've thought for years that he graduated from Seattle's Garfield High. In that era, it was the toughest school in Seattle. Jimi Hendrix was kicked out of Garfield (and asked the crowd in Seattle when he played there whether anybody present was from Garfield). Quincy Jones is a Garfield alum. Maybe I fell for Garfield boosterism; I've thought all this stuff was true since back when I lived in Seattle...which has been thirty years now. God I'm old. :(

Wow! 8th, where'd you learn that? I've been trying to recall where I got the idea his mother was Caucasian, and I think it was from a film documentary.

Well, his son Brandon Lee was indeed half caucasian, of course. I wasn't able to find a consistent answer about Bruce's mother's exact heritage -- some say half caucasian, others a quarter. But she was at least partially Asian.

Well, his son Brandon Lee was indeed half caucasian, of course. I wasn't able to find a consistent answer about Bruce's mother's exact heritage -- some say half caucasian, others a quarter. But she was at least partially Asian.

She was only a quarter german.

just saw this...

Really poor job on this one. Quite unfortunate.

Almost insulting the lack of effort SS put into this. Hopefully they fix it. :(

The way it is now, they didnt even need to bother with the Bruce Lee license.

I have to agree. I was looking forward to this PF so much, just a total letdown. Someone got it exactly right in an earlier post, the face looks like a random asian guy. It bugs me how inconsistent Sideshow can be with their sculpts on the PF's. Too bad they can't keep the same sculpters and painters that worked on PF's with great likenesses such as the Aragorn and Anakin. Alot of Bruce Lee fans are unhappy right now :banghead :mad:

The sculptor thinks all asian look-alike; hence the reason why it looks like any random asian guy. They should have just made a 12inch doll instead.

I thought PREMIUM format should have superior look? I guess I was wrong.

Maybe they'll have an EXCLUSIVE version (like Indy)where you can switch the head to one that actually looks like Bruce(LOL)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZsPMMIE3E-Y&hl=en"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZsPMMIE3E-Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here is what they based it on!

Last edited:
Back