Brown shipping boxes...part of the collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree I pack it better than a brown shipper, bubble wrap on all sides

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I usually pack the shipper in an outer box too like BBTS does for free or SS will do for a charge. Extra protection with the added benefit of a clean shipper that makes a good storage box.

Can't really do that for larger stuff though like PFs, brown shippers are a must. I usually try to line the inside of the shipper with an extra layer of cardboard though.

I usually pack the shipper in an outer box too like BBTS does for free or SS will do for a charge. Extra protection with the added benefit of a clean shipper that makes a good storage box.

Can't really do that for larger stuff though like PFs, brown shippers are a must. I usually try to line the inside of the shipper with an extra layer of cardboard though.

wow did not know sideshow would pack the shipper fro an extra charge, learn something new every day

wow did not know sideshow would pack the shipper fro an extra charge, learn something new every day

Very useful info. Because a few years back I was having an item from a company who had distinctive mailers ripped off - and it was happening at the post office where stuff was sorted. The thing would just vanish, even the replacement. Was told during holidays "temp staff was brought on" e.g. even USPS workers were stealing. Great.

So I'm paranoid. I wish HT and whoever wouldn't stamp what something is on the outer shippers. Especially w. a bunch of HT releases coming up Q4. I cringed when my GTG box showed up w. the contents on the shipper *sigh*.

And just sayin' as an E-bay buyer extra shipping care makes me want to go back to that seller. Because the actual item is likely to be in great shape too. Tells me the seller is working hard to do right. Not having an original outer shipper isn't a deal breaker for me, as that kind of cardboard can age, but it's nice to protect the art box. Depends on the seller's rep, communication, etc. No pics of actual item, no returns, etc. make me nervous. But each sale is it's own thing.

Long ago when I bought my Master Replicas AT-AT studio scale the UK company where I bought it from shipped the immense box with the details covered in brown paper (they couldn't use a bigger box because this already was HUGE). This way people couldn't read details about what is inside. I thought it was an excellent idea.

Most Brown shipper box are sized to Just Fit the package box, leaving little room for extra cushioning apart from top/bottom. they only offer protection against friction, any external impact will directly transfer to the item box because there is no room to cushion the force. This is why i hate some small brands that ship only with their shipper box like 3A & 1000 Toys even when you request an extra box.

and yes it's part of the collectible, since it has custom prints on the box.

items that has lost it's shipper box usually drop abit in price. the box itself probably worth $20.

Shipper boxes are designed to be used as the only box for shipping the product to a customer. It's their only purpose for being. Stores that don't ship, but sell over the counter, shouldn't be including the shipper. Buy a figure in Hong Kong sometime or off the shelf most anywhere.

The only people that try to discount the price of something being sold without a shipper have something wrong in their heads - or they're trying to scam the seller. PERIOD. Everything has a value to someone who wants it, but a missing shipper doesn't devalue the price of the product to the market at large. Just make sure the seller is properly packaging the art box/product - and sellers, don't ship without an external carton in place of an original shipper.

My point if you buy it at your lcs, they don't have shippers, you should get a $20.00 no shipper discount? No the art box and statue are the collectible

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Long ago when I bought my Master Replicas AT-AT studio scale the UK company where I bought it from shipped the immense box with the details covered in brown paper (they couldn't use a bigger box because this already was HUGE). This way people couldn't read details about what is inside. I thought it was an excellent idea.

I've had items from local retailers that use a black clingfilm...
Perfect.

My point if you buy it at your lcs, they don't have shippers, you should get a $20.00 no shipper discount? No the art box and statue are the collectible

No, but some just might not buy said piece if it does not have it. The shipper IS part of the original package, and the fact that not all of them survive is one reason why they are sought after.

Most sellers idea of "packed well" is a joke, the shipper is at least a minimum amount of protection. BBTS spends the extra time/money to ship shippers IN ANOTHER BOX. If what you say was true why would they bother protecting the shipper? If you don't like them or care about them, fine. Bottom line is they have their place, whether you consider them part of the "collectible" or just use them for their intended function it is always better to have them than not.

No, but some just might not buy said piece if it does not have it. The shipper IS part of the original package, and the fact that not all of them survive is one reason why they are sought after.

Most sellers idea of "packed well" is a joke, the shipper is at least a minimum amount of protection. BBTS spends the extra time/money to ship shippers IN ANOTHER BOX. If what you say was true why would they bother protecting the shipper? If you don't like them or care about them, fine. Bottom line is they have their place, whether you consider them part of the "collectible" or just use them for their intended function it is always better to have them than not.

Shipper box not designed to protect anything more than rubbing on the surface. it's too tight so there is no room for cushion. That is why most shops pack them in another tougher box.

Shipper box not designed to protect anything more than rubbing on the surface. it's too tight so there is no room for cushion. That is why most shops pack them in another tougher box.

Wrong, the shipper IS the cushion, that is why they are usually double wall.

Back