Brother Production: BLADE HUNTER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The foil oragami unicorn is sweet touch, I hadn't noticed that before. It's a little oversized but still a neat extra.

Ok, I got mine last night. I didn't get a chance to snap any pics (I was too busy switching him over to a narrow TT) but thought I'd post some impressions.

The body - blows. As was said, it's a generic, brittle plastic body. When I went to remove the head I actually broke the neck joint, and I didn't even pull that hard. Definitely needs to be replaced.

As far as working on a TT, it works. It's a LITTLE tight in the shoulders due to the multiple layers, but no different than I am when wearing a suitcoat and a trenchcoat (ha!). The legs on their body are a little longer, and the hips a little wider, so you'll need to put an extra hole in the belt, but nothing really noticeable. The feet are a bit bigger on the TT so the shoes are a tight fit, but they do fit. I had to widen the neckhole to fit the TT adapter, but all-in-all the transfer took me only an hour or so, so it's doable.

The Sculpt - I think it's pretty good. It's not a perfect Ford, but it's close, and this is a case where the paint definitely helps. The paint is fantastic, and obviously hand-done, and I'm very happy with it. In fact, the paint is so good I'm not going to replace the head.

The clothes are average. Not HT quality, but not bad either. I was a little disappointed in the quality of the gun...it's a decent sculpt and well painted, but the paint started rubbing off in the HT hand I put it in, which is irritating, and it's a rubbery material, which combined with the rubbery HT hands is a pain (looks like Brother Production's idea is hard hands and rubber equipment, while HT does the reverse, oh well). The watch is nice, though not accurate, and I got it on his wrist just fine.

I will mention that I hate shoes with real laces at this scale. why don't they make the lace a separate piece glued on, so it can't come undone? I still haven't gotten them retied really well.

All in all, I'd give it 3/4 stars. The quality isn't up to what I've become used to, but the paint brings it up a notch, plus I love having a Deckard in the collection.

I wanted to get this one as it was cheaper than buying the kitbash pieces in the customs area, but now I just don't know ..

Thanks for the pics !
I'm still on the fence, I like the head sculpt, but it definitely needs a new body and that inflates the price.

I'm really hoping for some help/input here, guys. I just got my Blade Hunter figure from Cotswold on Friday, and I am very concerned. I'm not making accusations on Cotswold's part, but I will share what I know, and maybe someone here has some answers. Were there possibly two runs of these Blade Hunters made, with some of them being different from one another? And I apologize in advance for the crappy pics. These were done very quickly just to show the points I'm making below.

Alright, first off, my Blade Hunter does not completely match the pics of the "final product" shown on some eBay auctions, and the pics posted in this very thread a couple pages back (again, I'm comparing to finished product and not the prototype pics). For starters, the plastic tray Deckard is in is different. He doesn't have the holes cut out of the bottom of the tray for his feet. That doesn't really matter, but it is indeed different. The long overcoat appears to be a different material than it should be: it's way too close to the feel and color (!?) of the small, inner jacket. Look at the buttons on the overcoat sleeve. They look metal in other pictures I've seen. Mine are plastic? Now look at the small jacket. Not only does it have lining, but there are no snap closures whatsoever. Now look at the shirt. What's up with that!? It looks horrible with those horizontal tan stripes!

In the baggie, the head is separate from the other goodies. However, everything else is just "thrown in" to a small ziploc-style bag. There are no little protective bags separating anything - the unicorn is rubbing against the gun, which is rubbing against the wallet, etc. This seems very odd to me. The most disturbing thing is that the black tourniquet (material?) is missing from the hurt hand. It's simply nowhere to be found in any bag or the box.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was that Deckard's face was dirty with some brown junk on his right cheek. It cleaned off though, so I thought everything else was going to be fine from there on out. That's when I noticed the missing tourniquet, and I started to get a little miffed. When I then realized that the coat didn't seem to be the right color or length, I *really* started panicking. One thing after another started to alarm me, and it got me wondering... I'm not an expert on past Deckards (mainly because I didn't like any of them), but I seem to recall seeing a shirt that looked as bad as the one I have here. I know I saw it on a message board somewhere, but I have no clue where today. I also remember the prototype images having a similar shirt. Maybe they used an older version of someone else's for these early pics?

So anyway... here's what I thought, and subsequently did. Since some people got theirs last month, and I just got mine Friday, I wondered if it was possible that someone did a switcheroo on the clothing, and then returned it to Cotswold for credit. I wouldn't hold Cotswold accountable for knowing 100% what was right or wrong clothing-wise, but this seemed plausible to me. Since a lot of my Blade Hunter pieces simply didn't match up, it was the only explanation I could come up with. So I called Cotswold, and got a return call today from a lady in their service department. She assured me that no returns had been made, and what I got was exactly what they had received. She said my hunch was impossible, and was quite defensive (and even though I tried to deliver the news calmly and politely, I understand her reaction). I believe her, especially if there was a running change from Brothers Productions, but maybe someone here knows otherwise? She pulled one of the Blade Hunters off the shelf and explained that the tray was the type with the holes cut out of the bottom. I told her mine wasn't. She told me the coat went down to about his knees. I told him mine didn't. She said the little black material (tourniquet) was inside the plastic baggie, and I explained mine was missing. This is where things go bad. I told her all I wanted was to exchange it for the correct one. She told me, "We don't have any." When I questioned that, stating that she was staring at one in front of her, she said that they were all spoken for and didn't have enough to go around - and the ones that were left had to be sent off. Ya know, I get that, but if orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis (my preorder was placed quite some time back), then shouldn't any problems or errors be fixed *first* before moving on to the next wave of orders?

What should I do, guys? Does anyone have any info to shed some light on all of this? Am I just screwed? This is my first order ever with Cotswold, and it's off to a bumpy start. Is there anything I can try with them that will help? I really had nowhere else to turn in all of this, so I appreciate any help or advice anyone can give me. The figure I received is simply not as nice as he's supposed to be. As things stand now, I'm inclined to send him back. Either that, or try and find a nice replacement shirt and overcoat if they exist out there.

Here are the pics, trying to show everything I mentioned above. Maybe people in the know can look these over. Is anything else out of the ordinary?

What the heck is going on here!? :banghead

Thanks,

Greg
IMG_3649.JPG

IMG_3650.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

IMG_3652.JPG

IMG_3653.JPG

IMG_3655.JPG

Looks to be exactly the same as the one I got. I got mine from a different vendor.

Is that the "tornique" in the bag? Between the wallet and the 'paper mache' figure, in your picture? Mine was just a black strip of material.

Last edited:
The black strip you see is his watch, and it's plastic.

So, mine is like yours? It's so odd to think they issued two different figures!

Yes, mine's the same.

I noticed, from the pics earlier in the thread, that you mentioned, that one of the extra hands appeared to be missing from that persons accessories.

It is odd, then again, it isn't surprising. I don't think this is one of them 'official' or quality controlled type releases. As such, Brother Productions may or may not expand into a viable enterprise, or fold and resurface as some other name to avoid licensing issues.

Here's a link where you can view more pictures, and see that what you got is probably closer to what was issued. https://store-rooms.com/Product.aspx?sku=1125

The other posting, whereby you noticed all the differences, may have got one of a run of prototypes of this figure. Who's to know? Maybe someone else can shed some light on these inconsistencies.

That is NOT the 'official' Blade Hunter one, or so it would appear to me.

Can you show me/describe what the box is?

The heads look off and the shirt is completely different. From your pics, the head also looks to be plastic? Mine was resin cast. That is DEFINITELY not the Blade Hunter coat. The chest pockets should be metal and the length seems off. The biggest niggle appears to be the colour: WAY too light and, as you mentioned, the inner jacket colouring is weird. I can add some more pics of mine for ref later today when I finish work.

Here is my Blade Hunter with a custom head:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1962630&postcount=129

Last edited:
Mine just came in a sturdy blue cardboard box with a sticker on the front. Same as the one shown in post No:26, except the sticker in that picture has a white border, where mine is devoid of that.

Hmm. The colors do seem off, but it's hard to tell that from pictures in general. Comparing to the inner jacket though, the outer jacket should be much darker, and the head that's on the figure looks different. Is it the same head as the second one? They should be the same, just painted differently.

I got mine directly from the source in China before the official release, so I don't know if there were any running changes or anything...

That is NOT the 'official' Blade Hunter one, or so it would appear to me.

Can you show me/describe what the box is?

The heads look off and the shirt is completely different. From your pics, the head also looks to be plastic? Mine was resin cast. That is DEFINITELY not the Blade Hunter coat. The chest pockets should be metal and the length seems off. The biggest niggle appears to be the colour: WAY too light and, as you mentioned, the inner jacket colouring is weird. I can add some more pics of mine for ref later today when I finish work.

Here is my Blade Hunter with a custom head:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1962630&postcount=129

What you said is exactly what worries me. Playing devil's advocate, how would a company that's been around for so long like Cotswold (gijoeelite.com), give me a product that's not correct? If I am to believe they did not get any returns, and in turn send those returns out to the next person/people in line, then I wonder what is going on?

I took a couple more pics for you. My box looks to be correct as it is the simple blue box I've seen online. The "sticker" on mine is actually a cut-out piece of color Xeroxed paper glued to the box. The heads indeed look the same, with the paint apps being the only thing different. I like the bloody head version better since I think the paint on that one makes the sculpt look more like Ford. But... mine is not resin. As you can see in the pic below, it is a rotocast plastic head, like any mass-produced doll head you'd find in a Toys R Us. This is getting so weird. I took a look at the thread you linked, and those are the clothes I want! They look really nice, but mine? Not so much. :mad: Thanks for taking the pics though! He looks great! Who made that custom head? Very nice!

Does anyone else have any input as to what happened? I'd love to know if someone has the definitive answer to this madness.

Here are the most recent pics I took...

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3660.JPG

IMG_3661.JPG

IMG_3664.JPG

Last edited:
The heads apear to be the ultimate giveaway. Here is an, (albeit bad), pic of mine before I sold them:

100_4003.jpg

They had a nice matte finish, not shiny at all and the eyes were neat. Yours appear printed odd, so that they overlap the eyelid?!? The box appears the same as mine, but the pic stuck on mine has a neat white borde all round.

Sorry bud, would seem you have been RIPPED.

The shirt colours on your are completely off compared to mine and mine is 'legit', so to speak.

wow , this sucks. Hope I get the version you have snake when it ships from ABC.
If I don't I will be looking for a refund.

So, some other place in China is ripping off a Chinese rip-off (a good one, though) of Blade Runner? :lol

Sorry Indycollector. Just send it back. Especially since you're suspicious and not 100% happy with it. You can always try and track down the correct one.

I was considering getting a Blade Hunter, but he's a little too much considering he's not an official release. I would get Deckard in a heartbeat if Hot Toys made one. And Snake Eater, I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again: your Deckard is a work of art! I'm so jealous!

I also hope get the Snake Eater version. I have also a preorder from Abc. For me the head is the same but the finish on the Indycollector is more like plastic standard finish. I know a member at spanish forum that he has purchased a blade hunter Deckard without the blaster gun in the package :banghead

Back