Bronze Indiana Jones on Horse Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with Lonnie. Saw it as well and of all the GG & other companies' Indy previews, this piece was the most impressive. I also liked the bronze bust of Indy, but haven't seen it being offered yet....saving myself for that one.

I wasn't impressed with the Indy Horse piece at all, and seeing the painted version its not helping it any. Now, the one of him and his Dad was nice. The bust is ok and for $50 bucks I'll take it. I don't see this bronze version being THE piece to own at all. 2 each their own of course but I'd be willing to say the PF will be followed closely by the 1:6th.

I thought the unpainted Indy on horse statue was one of the better GG pieces on display at SDCC, but the reveal of the painted pictures took it down a notch and I didn't preorder it. Now that I see the bronze, I think it looks better than the color version and it showcases the sculpt like the unpainted prototype did, and also adds some class with the bronze plating. I think it would look nice in my office and although it says it's currently unavailable after already going up for sale this weekend, I hope they saved some for the new Indy shop grand opening and sale tomorrow.

I thought the unpainted Indy on horse statue was one of the better GG pieces on display at SDCC, but the reveal of the painted pictures took it down a notch and I didn't preorder it. Now that I see the bronze, I think it looks better than the color version and it showcases the sculpt like the unpainted prototype did, and also adds some class with the bronze plating. I think it would look nice in my office and although it says it's currently unavailable after already going up for sale this weekend, I hope they saved some for the new Indy shop grand opening and sale tomorrow.

The sale has started (12:01 EST) and there is no "Add to cart" button on it, but there is on everything else... it may be sold out already! I'm glad I went ahead and ordered over the weekend. Hope it comes back up for you Tom.

He's up now @ 12:40 EST. $25 shipping charge is negated by the 10% discount. Go and get it!

Back up! Got my order in and with the 10% discount, it's like getting free shipping. So this calls for a:

:chew :chew :chew

Finally, a bronze piece I didn't miss out on! (It just took an ES of 500...)

I have cancelled from Star Wars Shop before. It doesn't show up in your account automatically--you have to request it and they will write you back in a day or two. You can't cancel processing or in stock orders, but preorders aren't a problem. And since it doesn't ship until September, you will have time to get it sorted out. I would get it with the discount if I were you--25 bucks is 25 bucks, after all.

I have cancelled from Star Wars Shop before. It doesn't show up in your account automatically--you have to request it and they will write you back in a day or two. You can't cancel processing or in stock orders, but preorders aren't a problem. And since it doesn't ship until September, you will have time to get it sorted out. I would get it with the discount if I were you--25 bucks is 25 bucks, after all.

Yeah, I'm in the process now... :D

I wonder how many they will have available? Since it's a shared exclusive, I assume that they will hold some back for Gentle Giant's PG members to purchase directly. (But without the 10% discount.)

I wonder how many they will have available? Since it's a shared exclusive, I assume that they will hold some back for Gentle Giant's PG members to purchase directly. (But without the 10% discount.)

I was wondering the same thing.BTW your Apocalypse avitar is very distracting tomandshell I cant stop looking at it and cracking up!:D

Well, based on last year... I say about about 50 for PG members! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Ordered with discount, cancelling from SWshop - a discounts a discount and with $70 international shipping (yep, you read it folks, $70 BIG ONES!!!) I need all the help I can get! :)

Couldn't resist the bronze...

Agree with Lonnie. Saw it as well and of all the GG & other companies' Indy previews, this piece was the most impressive. I also liked the bronze bust of Indy, but haven't seen it being offered yet....saving myself for that one.

Yeah, the bronze bust is the one I'm holding out for. That piece impressed me the most out of all of the GG Indy offerings at SDCC.

The bronze horse statue is nice, but I passed on it. I guess mainly because it's a Last Crusade piece. I'd rather have ROTLA pieces instead.

I wonder if GG will bronze all of their Indy statues? The motorcyle statue with Indy and dad would probably look really good with the bronze treatment.

Any pics of the bronze bust? Don't remember seeing this at the time.

sdcc25jess202yj2.jpg
sdcc25jess203vn9.jpg
sdcc25jess204dn5.jpg

That's a nice bust, I hadn't seen that one before. Is it solid bronze? I'll have to search around for some more info.

man, really thought this would have sold out at some point today..i guess there's still time for it too. I really like the look of it, depends on what's out in september though when it's released.

Back