Bring on the Winter Olympics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
????

I'm sure all of our country's athletes are painfully aware of what I'm talking about when they finish 2nd or 3rd. I'm sorry but all medals are not created equal, but isn't that obvious?

They're not, but total medals always has won out in the olympics...you know this. Look at YOUR countries Vancouver2010 website...who's at the top in the medal standings? It sure isn't Canada. Your countries own Olympic comissioner stated your not going to catch the US. The Gold medal argument is for the nations that are never at the top in the medals standings.....

checked out the medal standing here.

https://www.vancouver2010.com/

and the really surprise is that norway with only a population of 5 million has 21 medals.
top three

USA with 36 total medals and a population of 300mil = 1 medal / 8.3 mil
Germany with 29 medals and a population of 80mil = 1 medal / 2.8 mil
Canada with 24 medals and a population of 30mil = 1 medal / 1.3 mil

while norway with a population of only 5mil and 21 medals = 1 medal / 240,000 people:horror

*PAAAACCCCC!! AAAAHHHH!!*

film-mounties.JPG

YEAAAAA!!!!! WE GOTZ DA GOLD!!!

:fireworksGO CANADA GO!:winner:fireworks
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/sogKUx_q7ig&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/sogKUx_q7ig&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

They're not, but total medals always has won out in the olympics...you know this. Look at YOUR countries Vancouver2010 website...who's at the top in the medal standings? It sure isn't Canada. Your countries own Olympic comissioner stated your not going to catch the US. The Gold medal argument is for the nations that are never at the top in the medals standings.....

When have I ever said we had the biggest medal count? Are you just trying to reinforce that your country does? I don't get it :confused:

Yep, you're beating Canada with your second and third place finishes. That's cool I guess. Do you have 13 Gold Medals?

When have I ever said we had the biggest medal count? Are you just trying to reinforce that your country does? I don't get it :confused:

Yep, you're beating Canada with your second and third place finishes. That's cool I guess. Do you have 13 Gold Medals?

Not reinforcing anything...just stating Fact. 9 is enough....for now. Do you have 36 medals? :chew Canada had their greatest medal run evar...and your still suckin' hind tit to the good ole' USA. :rock

Nice comments coming from a guy who's country has a higher population and more money to spend. Stop being blind and naive like most prideful Americans.

Since NOW it's all about the gold metals, you can't use that population BS anymore, can ya?

:p

The population factor matters sure, the more people the more interest and the more competitive it is in that particular country opposed to others.

The key word is in bold though, thats why we are the kings of Hockey.

In retrospect ya goon!, USA hockey has improved though quite a bit, mainly because Americans grow more and more interested in playing hockey and there are more development programs now for them to learn and excel to play at a higher level.

That last match though, it was all Miller..remember that!!, he was peppered all game with shots.

In retrospect ya goon!, USA hockey has improved though quite a bit, mainly because Americans grow more and more interested in playing hockey and there are more development programs now for them to learn and excel to play at a higher level.

That last match though, it was all Miller..remember that!!, he was peppered all game with shots.

The interest is there now more than ever...and growing. We may still be "Canadas little brother" hockey wise...but that's changing rapidly.

And if I'm not mistaken Miller is still between the pipes.....:thwak

Wrong, it was all Brodeur's.

He played like a dumbass and cost us the game

Back