Bright then Dark PS3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanShouXMA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok so I don't know where else to go with this question. I'm having problems with my PS3. When I play or watch DVDs my screen keeps going from dark to bright then to dark to bright. Does this mean that my PS3 is about to go bye bye? Anyone else having this problem? I hope it's just some settings that needs to be fixed... :pray::pray:

Would the laser affect sound at all? The sound on my PS3 doesn't work properly sometimes and it's on Blu-rays when it does it. I also have the bright to light thing happening sometimes.

I have an older PS3 that need TLC

Can you PM me with costs?

Thanks in advance.

PM SENT :wave

Would the laser affect sound at all? The sound on my PS3 doesn't work properly sometimes and it's on Blu-rays when it does it. I also have the bright to light thing happening sometimes.

That could be 2 things .

The HDMI Connection may be messed up on either end

Or it could be the Laser dying

I'll take a pm as well. I've got the original 60 gig machine though so I'm not sure if it's better to try and refurbish or just update with a new machine.

you aren't feeding the video through a VCR or something similar are you?
(I had that problem with my old PS2)

I have a reciever with my PS3, 360, Directv and Projector running to it. The only thing it does it on is a bluray and only on occasion. Even when it's doing it on the bluray if I stop the bluray and play a video or a game the sound is fine. It only ever happens when I play a bluray.

Back