1/6 Boy, I sure wish we had a Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boy, I sure wish we had a Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

That repaint looks fantastic. The dchung figure still didn't blow me away with the tailoring, though it was good. Prior to this, it was the best thing out there. But Scott usually goes with Yunsil--the best custom tailor in the business--and based on the apparent quality in these new pics and the price point, I have to assume that's the case here. More pics here by the way:

https://spettersenart.blogspot.com/

Re: Boy, I sure wish we had a Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

About 7 or 8 years ago I would gone for this without question. I wasn't in any way mindful of my spending back then and a custom of this standard would have been impossible for me to resist. How things change.

He was way too expensive for my tastes, so i contacted MrSirix for my Dan Chung’s Kyle.
Take a look at the final product
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoCacssleri/?igshid=1kjlkebm7fszq
but that was exactly what i was talking about :)
i would purchase that MrSirix repaint by your link, and DChung's Kyle is the only Kyle headsculpt to date i like.

but that was exactly what i was talking about :)
i would purchase that MrSirix repaint by your link, and DChung's Kyle is the only Kyle headsculpt to date i like.
You can drop Dan (MrSirix) a message via Instagram or Facebook. I’m sure he will be happy to help.

as i said, if i even knew how to use those instagram or facebook :lol
might have to learn it eventually, as everybody moves there for some weird reason.
i miss DoggieDoc's work.

as i said, if i even knew how to use those instagram or facebook :lol
might have to learn it eventually, as everybody moves there for some weird reason.
i miss DoggieDoc's work.
In love with 80’s flicks, no fb or instagram. The old fashioned type, huh? I think you can him somewhere on this forum. I remember he showed some of the work he did for my Neca Aliens.

In love with 80’s flicks, no fb or instagram. The old fashioned type, huh?
:rotfl i'll study the facebook :lol
I remember he showed some of the work he did for my Neca Aliens.
share the images please! Neca is $1000000 sculpt with $1 paintjob, like somebody recently said. any repaint makes it look like a miracle.

About 7 or 8 years ago I would gone for this without question. I wasn't in any way mindful of my spending back then and a custom of this standard would have been impossible for me to resist. How things change.
Scott confirmed that this would only be available as a full figure, no head and clothes option, which prices me out unfortunately. Given that we got characters from classic films like Marty McFly, John Matrix, and. . .Neo from Matrix in recent years. . .there is still a possibility. . .

Scott confirmed that this would only be available as a full figure, no head and clothes option
and that chick flick vampire-resident evil head with zero Michael Biehn vibe is not even an option.

Snyder-man still has the best Beihn/Reese likeness. If you don't like their paintwork the unpainted casting is $45. The other parts needed to make a complete figure can be bashed with some effort. It shouldn't cost more then a couple of hundred bucks to put together, a fraction of $1k.

The biggest holdup for me personally is the outfit. Yes, DoggieDoc did a nice one awhile back, and you can find generic black coats, gray pants, even Nike shoes on eBay. And Snyder-man and DoggieDoc both have very nice sculpts already. Shotgun can be identified and modded fairly easily. But without accurate, high quality clothing, the whole thing falls apart for me personally.

and that chick flick vampire-resident evil head with zero Michael Biehn vibe is not even an option.

You don't like this head then :lol

The upturned eyes don't work for me - well, they could, but only for this one shot

vlcsnap-2019-05-31-18h33m02s472.jpg

That repaint looks fantastic. The dchung figure still didn't blow me away with the tailoring, though it was good. Prior to this, it was the best thing out there. But Scott usually goes with Yunsil--the best custom tailor in the business--and based on the apparent quality in these new pics and the price point, I have to assume that's the case here. More pics here by the way:

https://spettersenart.blogspot.com/

Over a grand for that? Wtf. :rotfl

The biggest holdup for me personally is the outfit. Yes, DoggieDoc did a nice one awhile back
he didn't :lol
i mentioned him only because he was one of those people who made great custom work (3D printed in case of DoggieDoc) and disappeared with other custom workers to stupid facebooks because of some new forum rules.

You don't like this head then :lol
it just doesn't look like MB but reminds me of other faces at the same time.

i mentioned him only because he was one of those people who made great custom work (3D printed in case of DoggieDoc) and disappeared with other custom workers to stupid facebooks because of some new forum rules.

DoggieDoc can also be found here

https://customonesixth.com/index.php

As a member on this site you will automatically be a member on that site it seems. Same password. I have yet to post over there myself but it's useful to know - I still want those damn barrells! :lol

I was thinking of Dchung.

DoggieDoc can also be found here

https://customonesixth.com/index.php

As a member on this site you will automatically be a member on that site it seems. Same password. I have yet to post over there myself but it's useful to know - I still want those damn barrells! :lol

wow thanks! i'll check it later.
i still think his AVP2010 shotgun is the best of all weapons i have, and i'm in such need for other weapons.

I still want those damn barrells! :lol
i don't know why he didn't do any more of them. either of us two was willing to pay. at least i got mine and for free :pfft::lol

Maybe it was an unexciting project for him. Still my interest is still very much there so I like knowing he's still around. I'd kinda like that model of the CPU that Dyson smashes with the axe too.

Back