Bowen Vs. Sideshow Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anespian said:
Hope Bowen can extend their online orders to outside US/ Canada like SS. Then International collectors can have a go at their exclusive.

of course,
if you are hardcore fan and spending hundreds of dollars to bowen statues and if there is no chance you can get the chrome exclusives or other painted exclusives, than collecting is not so much fan anymore

gambit said:
of course,
if you are hardcore fan and spending hundreds of dollars to bowen statues and if there is no chance you can get the chrome exclusives or other painted exclusives, than collecting is not so much fan anymore

I think the Frankie Nova bust has thought us that not even placing an order for a chrome piece guarantees you one.

150 ramdomly inserted chromes? He cherry picked all of them!!! :lol

SolidLiquidFox said:
I think the Frankie Nova bust has thought us that not even placing an order for a chrome piece guarantees you one.

150 ramdomly inserted chromes? He cherry picked all of them!!! :lol
:banghead :mad: :lsvader :cuss

the only bowen piece i have is the wolverine (brown costume) bust. i love it. how do some of you guys afford all this cool stuff? dang, i'm jealous.

jgatienza said:
the only bowen piece i have is the wolverine (brown costume) bust. i love it. how do some of you guys afford all this cool stuff? dang, i'm jealous.

we dont eat.

WORK HARDER, get another job.
and pretend popcorn is a 4 course meal.

"Pop corn again MmmMmmmm"

I don't have Bowen in my collection but thought of getting the Apocalypse FS. But, I think I will sait it out and wait for Sideshow's version :monkey3 , I hope.

I've got a couple sideshow items, and three bowen busts: punisher, quicksilver and the goon. Those are just awesome, very high quality busts. The nice thing about these is that you can buy one of them and not having to shell out an enormous amount of money. For an awesome sideshow piece you'll have to, since they almost have no cheaper pieces. Of course, you will have a piece that's a lot bigger, but if you want a nice mini bust for say 50 bucks so you can also eat decent, you'll have to go bowen.

However, sideshows quality in statues is very, very good, and some of the materials like real metal are also very cool; and Bowen doesn't do this. What I like a lot about bowen are the museum posed statues, which sideshow doesn't really have. Anyways, it is easier to build a big collection of bowen pieces since overall they are quite a bit cheaper. But look at sideshows Doom PF: Bowen will never, ever produce something as superb as that, and you all know that's true.
Word.

Bowen statues to SS PF's are kind of like comparing SS's 12 inch SW figures to the SW PF's: Smaller, cheaper, not quite as cool but lots more characters represented.

Sideshow will never give us great B- list characters like Grey Gargoyle, Baron Blood, Terrax, Attuma, Morbius,etc. Their stuff is great but they are going for the main characters.

Back