Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

I'm not too thrilled with the price increases but I understand why. At least Bowen got Thanos' head right.

Thanos%20St%20w2.JPG

There's lots to admire about this piece but there are a few things which bother me:

1. It looks too symmetrical as a result of being a digital sculpt. This is the one thing digital sculptors will have to improve on in the future.

2. The upper torso looks just a little too small above the waste which looks alittle squeezed.

3. Base is totally uninspired. Why is it not similar to the the previous cosmic bases.

I'll have to think on this one. Love the pose and the fact that its based on Starlin's work. Cosmic cube is inspired.

Re: Doctor Doom Modern

"Fear is for lesser men... Never for DOOM!"

I got the Classic, mask looks a lot better and Doom rarely uses his gun...especially modern Doom, so don't know what they were thinking there. Still, such an awesome statue:
IMG_20101221_193655.jpg

IMG_20101221_193445.jpg

IMG_20101221_193426.jpg

IMG_20101221_193338.jpg

IMG_20101221_193322.jpg

Doom likes dramatic pointin':
IMG_20101221_193614.jpg

Nice pics. Classic Doom is better. Modern Doom bad face is bad.

Yeah, dig the classic. Looks like a John Byrne inspired headsculpt. Think I'll pick this one up when I can find one on the cheaper side since I never got the first Doom.

Modern one... not so much. I agree, that one has a fugged up mask.

Love the Faux Bronze Retro Hulk and decided to take the plunge with a day to spare !!

Randy has explained the price increases in great detail. The factories are charging much more (and have been but he's been taking less profit for awhile) and overhead is costing much more. He has to increase the price like any normal business would.

Now, I understand if you see a SS statue and the price isn't much different that it might be confusing. However, SS has many more licenses and can make better deals withe factories,etc. Also, some SS costs much more than expected and thats probably quotes to get the statues done too.

All in all, buy what you like, mix and match. Its what I do. Some pieces that I want comic accurate, I'll buy from BD. Some other pieces that I don't mind the artistic interpration I'll get from SS.

As far as poses, BD tries to make statues that are easier to display and that will display well with teams and other statues. I like simpler poses. Some of those poses to me show the character better than a dynamic pose. A couple of pieces from SS I think are great sculpts but I don't like the pose. Its all just how you like your statue design and how you will display them. No right or wrong answer that applies to everyone

Last edited:

Randy has explained the price increases in great detail. The factories are charging much more (and have been but he's been taking less profit for awhile) and overhead is costing much more. He has to increase the price like any normal business would.

Now, I understand if you see a SS statue and the price isn't much different that it might be confusing. However, SS has many more licenses and can make better deals withe factories,etc. Also, some SS costs much more than expected and thats probably quotes to get the statues done too.

All in all, buy what you like, mix and match. Its what I do. Some pieces that I want comic accurate, I'll buy from BD. Some other pieces that I don't mind the artistic interpration I'll get from SS.

As far as poses, BD tries to make statues that are easier to display and that will display well with teams and other statues. I like simpler poses. Some of those poses to me show the character better than a dynamic pose. A couple of pieces from SS I think are great sculpts but I don't like the pose. Its all just how you like your statue design and how you will display them. No right or wrong answer that applies to everyone

:exactly::exactly::goodpost:

Hey guys what is your favorite Bowen statue? The one that gave me the Bowen bug is seeing the Planet Hulk in person. So I guess that would be my favorite. Any more pieces that you guys like or recommend?

The very first Thor he did made me get into Marvel and DC statues. My favorite Bowen is the Daredevil on the gargoyle (red version).:peace

My favorite Bowen is the museum Silver Surfer.

In my opinion, no statue produced since by any company captures the essence of the character like that statue.

actually, Sideshow have raised their prices on their statues compared to their prices 3-5 years ago that I have stopped buying and being more selective with their products.

X-23 Bowen Statue

I tried looking online and through other threads for any information on the new X-23 statue by Bowen, but I couldn't find any.

I found the price, eventually, sheesh. But does anyone know what the specs are for this product?

bestcomics_2138_16763225

Back