Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it at the comic shop last week. Not a fan of the character but the statue and colors looked great. If you like the character I'm sure you'll be happy.

BB

Good to hear. :rock I'm definitely eyeing it. Love the character.

Got mine today, what an awesome statue! The paint, pose, and colors are excellent. I have to say between this and the recent red & blue Spidey, and my ARH Valkyrie it has been so nice to have statues arrive with zero defects.

I don't own many Bowen pieces, but thankfully, I haven't had an issues with mine. Can't wait to get this one (hopefully.) Would really like a faux bronze one though, to match what I have.

On the base it showed that they only made 1050 of them. Isn't that a low number for a Bowne piece? If so you shouldn't wait long to get one.

I read over on SF and they said that was really high. I don't want to wait too long, but I will wait for them to flood eBay first. It's still risky, but still. This piece looks amazing.

I could be wrong. I'm not sure what their normal ES is, but I just remember people saying the ES was high, and these were seasoned Bowen collectors from what I gathered. :lol So I just accepted it as truth.

Frankie ES at 500 I bet
Maybe a little higher, I'd be surprised if it went over 1k.

They were higher than Sideshow's ES is now back in the day

Yah, they used be a lot higher with SS much lower. Museum Thor was 3k, no Bowen would hit that now. I think one of his first big Hulks was the same. Times have definitely changed but I still like mine.

Cant wait till mine arrives

These are the first in-hand pics that I've seen.

They are not mine... but they look incredible.

I have my SIGNED statue pre-ordered from the good guys here at StatueMarvels and I couldn't be happier. These in hand pics looks as good as the prototype.

I can't wait to display him alongside the Spinning Hammer Action statue.

1-17-2014-BSM-001_zps745c33d0.jpg

1-17-2014-BSM-002_zps01cacfac.jpg

1-17-2014-BSM-004_zpsb1fc42af.jpg

1-17-2014-BSM-003_zpsbb6af27e.jpg

1-17-2014-BSM-005_zpsb8f0d4dc.jpg

1-17-2014-BSM-006_zps5b740987.jpg

1-17-2014-BSM-008_zps7c01cde2.jpg

1-17-2014-BSM-007_zps967540fa.jpg

Now just need to find an Action Thor....

Cant wait till mine arrives

Now just need to find an Action Thor....

I recently pulled out my Action Thor and displayed him for the first time. It's a fun statue, but the way Randy realized the cape really bugs me. Too many meaningless wrinkles for what is supposed to be very heavy, dense cloth.
The strike down Thor, by comparison, gets this aspect 100% right. Should be wide, arching folds- not a flurry of tiny compression wrinkles.
Other than that it's got to be one of the best statues he's ever produced.

I love my Bowens. Dollar for dollar, I've probably have gotten a better bang for the buck enjoyment out of these than anything I've gotten from SS.

I recently pulled out my Action Thor and displayed him for the first time. It's a fun statue, but the way Randy realized the cape really bugs me. Too many meaningless wrinkles for what is supposed to be very heavy, dense cloth.
The strike down Thor, by comparison, gets this aspect 100% right. Should be wide, arching folds- not a flurry of tiny compression wrinkles.
Other than that it's got to be one of the best statues he's ever produced.

I love my Bowens. Dollar for dollar, I've probably have gotten a better bang for the buck enjoyment out of these than anything I've gotten from SS.

I completely agree with your views, my friend! :)

Well if you ever decide to sell your Action Thor I have the money waiting ;)

I may be selling mine soon. Haven't really decided. Display space in my room is pretty limited so it may have to go. I sure would miss it though. I've had it a long time and it really is still one of the most eye catching pieces I have.

Back