Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir Maquette...Buy NOW!!. Links in 1st post !!.

It's ok, since Weta did the Gondorian version of Pippin, I'm sure Sideshow will do a Fellowship of the Ring or Two Towers version and all will be good. :lol

What I'm seeing is a combo diorama style piece from Two Tower with Merry and Pippin sitting on the wall of the fallen Orthanc. :idea

I would be totally ok with that scene actually. Would be perfect.

For Frodo and Sam I'd like to see Frodo handing the Red book over to Sam at the Grey Havens.

Oh yeah, I think there was alot of 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' going on that day........:lol

I earned a lot of posts that day with why I was ok with it. :lol

You're dead to me. :p I'm not picking you up in Gears anymore either. :lol

It's ok, since Weta did the Gondorian version of Pippin, I'm sure Sideshow will do a Fellowship of the Ring or Two Towers version and all will be good. :lol

Hey Frank , take solice in the fact if you are dead to Josh based on your last post, then I must be anathema to him....:lol

What I'm seeing is a combo diorama style piece from Two Tower with Merry and Pippin sitting on the wall of the fallen Orthanc. :idea

....a definite possibility. :lecture

I had to look up anathema. Don't recall seeing that word before. :lol

I earned a lot of posts that day with why I was ok with it. :lol

I wasn't around at the time, but I can imagine your fingers were pretty sore with all the typing you did that day.......:lol

Merry and Pippin should come first, since we didn't get them in the 12" line. I'd prefer to see them in Treebeard's branches, but the ruins of Orthanc would be nice, as well.

What might they do with Frodo and Sam? Please, no Orc armor just yet.

Maybe they will just give us all four at the Grey Havens and get the Fellowship wrapped up in a single release.

I wasn't around at the time, but I can imagine your fingers were pretty sore with all the typing you did that day.......:lol

Nah, I was in my prime of typing back then. :lol I was like butter on a roll. :lol

Merry and Pippin should come first, since we didn't get them in the 12" line. I'd prefer to see them in Treebeard's branches, but the ruins of Orthanc would be nice, as well.

What might they do with Frodo and Sam? Please, no Orc armor just yet.

I agree on Merry and Pippin.

Like I said above Frodo giving the Red book at the Grey Havens would be cool or maybe Frodo sitting at the desk writing in the Red Book with Sam standing behind him. Either one of those options from the end of ROTK would be quite nice to me.

Understandable......it's not a word you see everyday. :lol

Indeed you are correct on that. :lol

Am I the only guy who'd love to see a Frodo/Sam maquette in orc armour and walking through Mordor......with excl. switch-out helmeted and non-helmeted heads? :pray:

Of all the options, that would not be my first or second or even third choice.

Or a fish in water....I get your point. :lol

That too. :lol

Am I the only guy who'd love to see a Frodo/Sam maquette in orc armour and walking through Mordor......with excl. switch-out helmeted and non-helmeted heads? :pray:

Not right away but down the road I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Nah, I was in my prime of typing back then. :lol I was like butter on a roll. :lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you banned from multiple forums for defending your opinion. :nono :rotfl

You can get the GG busts with swap out heads for about ten bucks each. I don't need Sideshow to go the same route for their first Frodo/Sam piece.

I do wonder--could they include Gollum? The three of them in the Dead Marshes or at the Black Gate?

You can get the GG busts with swap out heads for about ten bucks each. I don't need Sideshow to go the same route for their first Frodo/Sam piece.

I do wonder--could they include Gollum? The three of them in the Dead Marshes or at the Black Gate?

Admittedly, I do own those GG busts though at $7.50 apiece it looks like I got them for quite a bargain. I am however very skeptical that a SS Frodo/Sam maquette and the GG busts would have alot in common, quality or impact-wise. :lol

I'd say the chances of SS producing a 'fellowship' Frodo/Sam maquette at this point are about 100% at the moment, though as SS has already alluded to the fact alternate versions will be considered down the road I'd say a Mordor-themed maquette of these two the the most likely scenario should SS re-visit these characters.

The 12" line tried to start giving us stuff like Faramir before completing the Fellowship, and look what happened! I was standing by waiting for them to release all nine heroes so I could go back and grab them all, and it never happened. In spite of that, I'm taking a leap of faith and jumping into the maquette line in the hope that this time, they will finish what they started--and I believe they will. But I don't want to invest in too many secondary characters until I have the Fellowship complete.

Yes exactly, I really hope SS does the hobbit justice this time. I dont care if they do it one by one or in pairs. As long as it's the same quality and realism as boromir i will be very happy to finally have the full fellowship. So far they really dropped ball on the hobbits...those poor hobbits..

I really want a maquette of Merry and Pippin singing and dancing on a table in the Green Dragon, but yeah ruins of Isengard would be good too. I also really want a Merry in Rohan armour.

As for Frodo and Sam, i reckon they should do them in the Dead Marshes being lead by Gollum. Sideshow did say, after all, that they would be 'blurring the lines' between maquette and diorama...

Back