Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir Maquette...Buy NOW!!. Links in 1st post !!.

Is everyone here getting the entire line?

i am only getting the ones i like - ordered baromir gimli and aragorn but not legolass or gandalf, dont like the poses. I will get them only if SSC comes out with good hobbits to complete the set. Both gandalf+legolass should be relatively easy to get off ebay later on so i am not too worried. Legolass exclusive will probably cost a few coins though.

All those star war and hot toys figures coming out every day is putting a drain on my money, have to be selective!

PS: I think smeagol should be considered an unofficial member of the fellowship too. The gollum PF should go along nicely next to it, although the scale is a bit off but not too bad.

As of now Just a Boromir and an Aragorn for me. I could see getting a Frodo and Sam if they are a set and look good. If not then some sort of Villian. I could see getting Legolass down the road but only if i could find the Reg edition for cheap. I really don't care at all if I had the EX for that one as I would always have him with his bow.

just want ones that appeal to me. i could care less about completeing the fellowship.

Is everyone here getting the entire line?

i am only getting the ones i like - ordered baromir gimli and aragorn but not legolass or gandalf, dont like the poses. I will get them only if SSC comes out with good hobbits to complete the set. Both gandalf+legolass should be relatively easy to get off ebay later on so i am not too worried. Legolass exclusive will probably cost a few coins though.

All those star war and hot toys figures coming out every day is putting a drain on my money, have to be selective!

PS: I think smeagol should be considered an unofficial member of the fellowship too. The gollum PF should go along nicely next to it, although the scale is a bit off but not too bad.

I just want to complete the fellowship (all 9 of them). I think I will pass on Erwin and all other future characters in this line (bad or good guys). Too much statues that I want in Marvel, DC, GI Joe lines, not enough space and $$$. The fellowship members (maquette) are all I want that represent LOTR in my collection.

I've been in line since 6/16. :panic:

John_Scowl_190x312_80.jpg

I am in for the full fellowship, and likely most of the other characters offered in the line as well. I like Arwen and I am a little iffy on the Snow Troll (but he is an awesome monster!) but I haven't seen anything yet that has me running for the hills. I only collect the LOTR stuff, so the pace between this and the Premium Format line has been okay for me. I hope we only get one PF next year if it will be the Ringwraith on Steed, and it will keep the maquette line within my budget.

I'm in for the long haul myself, and will collect any and every piece as long as the likenesses hold up. At this point I'm really looking forward to seeing the next wave of characters which should include Faramir, Eomer, a PEW, and perhaps our first glimpse at a bad guy or two. :)

Once people can own the entire Fellowship, people will order them all and track down any that are sold out. The best way to get more people hooked on this line is to announce the hobbits as soon as possible and then start fleshing out the collection with additional heroes and villains. So that's what I hope to see from this line--two hobbit releases, ASAP.

The 12" line tried to start giving us stuff like Faramir before completing the Fellowship, and look what happened! I was standing by waiting for them to release all nine heroes so I could go back and grab them all, and it never happened. In spite of that, I'm taking a leap of faith and jumping into the maquette line in the hope that this time, they will finish what they started--and I believe they will. But I don't want to invest in too many secondary characters until I have the Fellowship complete.

I think SS has left little doubt in the minds of collectors that we will see the entire fellowship in this line, and I believe it will be much sooner than later. But, the strength and survival of any line is dependent on numbers and I think producing Faramir and Eomer before tackling the remaining Hobbits is a very wise strategy. There are a large number of collectors out there who haven't jumped on this maquette line to date using the arguement they already have a representation of that character in 1/6 scale, and no doubt they will use the same arguement in regard to maquettes of the remaining fellowship members. And while those collectors are never going to fully accept this line or have anything to do with it's ultimate success, they will be all over any statues that have not been previously done before and that will most definitely include 4 characters which we know for certain that SS will be producing shortly.....Eomer, Faramir, The Mouth of Sauron, and a Prologue Elven warrior. I certainly don't want to wait too long for SS to produce their Frodo/Sam and Merry/Pippin maquettes, but I think adding them to the mix of some of these never done before characters will work out very well, and it is something I am very comfortable with.

Last edited:

As I've said before I owned almost every statue in the SSW line so I'm repeating what I've owned before. However, these statues are amazingly well done and do feel like they have the "essence" of the character coming from them. I truly smile when I get one and will be trying to get as many of these as I can.

A lot of people (not all) complained and weren't happy that the Weta Fellowship didn't include a more Fellowship of the Ring type version of Pippin (and it didn't help that it was not a very flattering pose). It will be interesting to see if that sentiment holds up with this line since obviously Boromir is not wearing his Fellowship outfit.

Doesn't seem to be that way does it. I guess time helps people realize its not the outfit that makes them the Fellowship but their actions. :rock

As I've said before I owned almost every statue in the SSW line so I'm repeating what I've owned before. However, these statues are amazingly well done and do feel like they have the "essence" of the character coming from them. I truly smile when I get one and will be trying to get as many of these as I can.
Same here. I've most of the SSW ones and they are truly wonderful but as you say they have so far captured these characters perfectly in this line too, so hopefully more and more peeps will jump on board and get them.

Bring on them hobbitses :lecture
x :wave

A lot of people (not all) complained and weren't happy that the Weta Fellowship didn't include a more Fellowship of the Ring type version of Pippin (and it didn't help that it was not a very flattering pose). It will be interesting to see if that sentiment holds up with this line since obviously Boromir is not wearing his Fellowship outfit.
It's funny how that worked out (and quite apt really) that Boromir appears to be this lines poopin Pippin :lol I'm only saying that as it's the only character sculpt different to that of the fellowship, so far.
....sorry, I just don't like Boromir, never have :monkey3.
It's a great sculpt and collectable though, and that scene/pose is perfect for him :rock
x :duff

I don't think so. First off, technically speaking Boromir is the 2nd non-fellowship representation of the maquette line so far...the Helm's Deep Legolas being the first. Secondly, I think with the execution of this maquette being so good, and with this statue being more representative of Boromir's true character, people don't seem to care that he's not in his fellowship garb. I also think it helps alot that we all know a fellowship Boromir PF is just a matter of time.

In the case of Pippin I think alot of things factored into the displeasure with that statue. Not the least of which was that it was the only SSW fellowship member not in fellowship garb, and this with the knowledge that a fellowship version had been sculpted, but was scrapped in favour of this one. And I don't think the [excuse the pun] 'butt-awful' likeness :monkey3, and the fact he looks likes he's crapping himself on the steps of Gondor helped much.....:lecture

Last edited:

Doesn't seem to be that way does it. I guess time helps people realize its not the outfit that makes them the Fellowship but their actions. :rock

Time hasn't helped me. :lol I never liked that Pippin was in Gondorian Armor and still don't. That's why I've always called it the pseudo-Fellowship. :pfft: I was just never happy that eight of the nine were representations from the Fellowship of the Ring while one was from Return of the King.

You're dead to me. :p I'm not picking you up in Gears anymore either. :lol

...In the case of Pippin I think alot of things factored into the displeasure with that statue....

I think another issue was that everyone waited so long to finally get a Pippin and then when we got what we got it was a big let down.

You're dead to me. :p I'm not picking you up in Gears anymore either. :lol

It's ok, since Weta did the Gondorian version of Pippin, I'm sure Sideshow will do a Fellowship of the Ring or Two Towers version and all will be good. :lol

What I'm seeing is a combo diorama style piece from Two Tower with Merry and Pippin sitting on the wall of the fallen Orthanc. :idea

I think another issue was that everyone waited so long to finally get a Pippin and then when we got what we got it was a big let down.

Oh yeah, I think there was alot of 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' going on that day........:lol

Back