Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir Maquette...Buy NOW!!. Links in 1st post !!.

...Oh, and BTW, why is this piece still not sold out??

Probably because a lot of people are cheap like me and are getting the regular for less from a dealer. :lol

there is no question it will sell out eventually. I think the Ex edition could have been 400, but either way, glad I have it on PO.

:rotfl

So, am I the only one who is starting to like the non-exclusive pose (a lot) more, after seeing the great photos from SDCC?

I have a feeling I may end up displaying it that way more often than not.

So, am I the only one who is starting to like the non-exclusive pose (a lot) more, after seeing the great photos from SDCC?

personally, I think the arm up pose works better with his facial expression. Just goes without saying that yelling while relaxed vs. yelling while expressing yourself through body language shows a clear winner, IMHO.

Well, I definitely prefer the exclusive pose. I'll be leaving the regular arm in the box.

I have a feeling I may end up displaying it that way more often than not.

5961302546_4f3ff5cc48_b.jpg

I'm with you, I think that pose looks great, but I also agree with slynger in that the open-mouth facial expression is not ideal for that pose. Now if SS would regain their sanity and add a 2nd closed-mouth headsculpt......THE ONE TREVOR'S ALREADY SCULPTED!!! :gah: this maquette would be perfect. :lecture

do you have pics of the close-mouth sculpt, I don't think I have seen that one?

do you have pics of the close-mouth sculpt, I don't think I have seen that one?

I do, but I have promised not to reveal them at this time. And as frustrating as not being able to share them is, here's something even more frustrating......the alternate headsculpt is, IMO, even better than the one SS went with. :slap

I've contacted SS asking them to consider producing a 2nd headsculpt [without letting them know I'm aware a 2nd one was produced], and I would strongly suggest anyone else who favours a 2nd alternate headsculpt do the same.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=297

But you can ask for a 2nd HS with a closed mouth for the arm-down pose... without having seen anything before. Because it may be more appropriate.

For the regular version, we will assume the arm down pose is the moment right before he raise his arm, yelling...

I can't recommend something I can't even see :cuckoo:

I'm not asking you to recommend something you haven't seen.:confused: Regardless of whether you've seen the 2nd headsculpt or not, you have seen the conceptual art and the screencaps which this maquette is based on, and therefore you are well aware that Boromir's mouth was closed when his sword was lowered. If you believe that a more fitting expression with the sword lowered option, then contact SS and tell them as much. If you're fine having one head for both sword positions, then simply do nothing. :dunno

But you can ask for a 2nd HS with a closed mouth for the arm-down pose... without having seen anything before. Because it may be more appropriate.

For the regular version, we will assume the arm down pose is the moment right before he raise his arm, yelling...

I believe you have hit the nail on the head......:clap

Him and Gimli are quite impressive. I'll get a better full shot without flash tomorrow.

This should have been the EX:

Rockmordor.jpg

There's no doubt that would have made for an awesome excl, but I still think I prefer the one SS went with......just by a hair. :lol

Him and Gimli are quite impressive. I'll get a better full shot without flash tomorrow.

Thanks for the Boromir pics Josh, can you take pics of everybody together? I bet they look nice when they all display together.

Back