Bonus "Flash Fiction" Board Member Contest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anybody is still waiting to post their story in the "non-winning" thread, you had better hurry! I will be selecting the winning non-winner tonight around newsletter time.

There have been some great stories posted--add yours to the thread if you haven't done so already!

So here's how I selected the winner...

Each post in the official thread has a post number in the upper right corner. There were a total of 53 posts, which gave you all some pretty good odds of winning! To select the winner, I had my wife roll two dice, one after the other. The first die rolled would provide the the first digit in the winning post number--and since there were no posts in the sixties, a six would count as a zero, allowing the first nine posts to have a chance at success. The second die rolled would provide the second digit in the winning number. Make sense? Here we go...

So my wife rolls the first die, and it comes up.....

Number one!!

The next die is rolled, revealing..........

Number three!!!

Put them together, and you get lucky number thirteen! That means that the thirteenth post contains the winner of our random roll of the dice, and that story belongs to.....

LCUMMINS!!

:fireworks

Congratulations!! Please PM or e-mail me with the name of the prize that you would like me to order for you from Sideshow's website! It can be any price up to $75, and can be either an in-stock or preorder item. (Assuming that it is not a preorder item that is limited to one per person which I have already ordered for myself!)

I would like to thank everybody for sharing their stories on the website. We have some creative and talented board members, and I hope that many people spend some time in the future reading them. I know that I enjoyed them! Thanks for participating, and congratulations again to our random winner--lcummins!! I hope you enjoy your prize!

Oh man! Tom you are just too generous! I really appreciate this contest because I was a little bummed that none of my stories made the cut on Sideshow's contest. Thanks so much!

Now the hard part... trying to decide on something... I'll think on it and send you a PM! Thanks again for having this contest and for sharing your prize from your winning story! Great story by the way! :banana :banana :banana

Tom, what about those that had posts from 17-19, 27-29, ... Your six sided die completely excluded those posts.

Darth Loki said:
Tom, what about those that had posts from 17-19, 27-29, ... Your six sided die completely excluded those posts.

lolll..thats true....:horror

Darth Loki said:

Yeah, thats true. I hope you are just pointing it out rather than being upset about it though. He just did this out of the goodness of his heart so it really doesn't matter (And since I was #2 it wouldn't have helped me anyway. :D )

I was definately just pointing it out. I was just going to get the Scarab Rabbit for my girlfriend if I won so I don't feel like I was cheated. No one else would have even done anything like this. You still da man Tom!

Darth Loki said:
Maybe there should be a second drawing and the two people can split the $75. You can still get a figure for $37.50.

Hey, I would've liked to win too. Bottom line, Tom did something extremely nice.
Its done.
Over.
Fini.
You didn't win? Oh, well.
Maybe we should narrow it down to just contestants and not entries, that way we're all on a more even playing field?
Sheesh, no wonder you don't see more random acts of kindness.....
BTW, Thanks for trying Tom.

Darth Loki said:

Oh, no!!! I suppose I could lie and say that I was using one of those nine-sided RPG dice, but the truth is...

I am a FREAKIN' IDIOT!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

I am SO sorry about this!! I was trying to find a totally random way to select a winner and it looks like I had the mother of all brain farts! :D

It really stinks that I got somebody's hopes up and then chose a method that excluded them from the possibility of winning. I really do apologize! As a consolation prize, I did a second drawing (the old fashioned way) featuring only the numbers that ended in 7-9. The winner was #39, LOTRSWfan, and I would like to send him a consolation prize for missing out on the consolation prize given to those who missed out on the official consolation prize. (!) I will send him a brand new "Lord of the Polystone" T-shirt and the brand new Sideshow DVD #4. Just PM me an address for this peace offering. It's not $75, but at least it's something!!

Again, SO sorry for inadvertently eliminating some of you!!

Again, your kindness amazes me. I never cared that I didn't win something that I never deserved and I hope that my post didn't come out that way. Your generosity to other members is unparalled!

Darth, your post didn't come across that way at all! I actually appreciate somebody pointing out my error so I could have a little bit of a chance to correct it. Thanks!

Very cool of you Tom... And congrats to the winners! This was very nice and the fact that you even offered it up was pretty amazing on it's own. If it had been me, I probably would have rolled some six sided dice myself and not noticed until later.... So don't feel bad, You're human like the rest of us... not stupid.:D

anyways... yay for contests and huzzah for generous web friends! :joy

I just wanted to thank Tom publicly for his generosity and kindness. I decided on the Taylor / Nova figures and knowing that they were $75.00 which didn’t leave room for shipping, I offered to cover it but he wouldn’t let me. I am humbled by your selflessness. Thank you!

Now, on to the figures! I was completely amazed when I opened the box. I had read many reviews that were not too enthusiastic about Nova, and some even about Taylor. I’m not sure if I just got a “good one” or what, but the Taylor looked so much like Chuck Heston, it’s scary!!! The paint job on this figure looks like it could have been done by Tom Gilliland himself! It is freakin’ awecore! And yes… I will try to get pictures as soon as I can, but it will probably be this weekend. The Nova was just as good, although the likeness to Linda is a bit off, but still, far from “Barbie doll” as one review put it! I am glad I was finally able to add this pair to my collection! If you have been thinking of getting them, I highly recommend it! :D

lcummins said:
I just wanted to thank Tom publicly for his generosity and kindness. I decided on the Taylor / Nova figures and knowing that they were $75.00 which didn’t leave room for shipping, I offered to cover it but he wouldn’t let me. I am humbled by your selflessness. Thank you!

Now, on to the figures! I was completely amazed when I opened the box. I had read many reviews that were not too enthusiastic about Nova, and some even about Taylor. I’m not sure if I just got a “good one” or what, but the Taylor looked so much like Chuck Heston, it’s scary!!! The paint job on this figure looks like it could have been done by Tom Gilliland himself! It is freakin’ awecore! And yes… I will try to get pictures as soon as I can, but it will probably be this weekend. The Nova was just as good, although the likeness to Linda is a bit off, but still, far from “Barbie doll” as one review put it! I am glad I was finally able to add this pair to my collection! If you have been thinking of getting them, I highly recommend it! :D

Nice choice... I have been thinking about getting those for a while now... maybe I should.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad they got there safely and that you are enjoying them!! It was definitely my pleasure to be able to share my prize with another board member, and it makes me happy that you got something you like. Congratulations on getting a good pair of figures!

Now everybody get to work on your 2007 Flash Fiction entries...

I was just fortunate enough to score a "loose" set of Taylor and Nova, amongst others from ebay for a helluva steal!! Glad that you chose them. Now, everyone buy more apes!!!! :monkey5

Back