BOIL and WAXER with NUMA 12" Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just can't bring myself to get these guys, they seem lacking in some way I don't know, phase 1 lids look better with these too

Well, I can certainly respect your feelings on these guys, but for me they aren't lacking at all, they were a truly pleasant surprise. My little display with them and Numa makes me smile every time I see it. Maybe you just don't feel a connection to the episode they are taken from? :dunno

And you're right, the phase I buckets work better for them, while the phase II helmets look better on Bly and Cody, IMO. Dunno why, exactly, but there you are.

Well, I can certainly respect your feelings on these guys, but for me they aren't lacking at all, they were a truly pleasant surprise. My little display with them and Numa makes me smile every time I see it. Maybe you just don't feel a connection to the episode they are taken from? :dunno

And you're right, the phase I buckets work better for them, while the phase II helmets look better on Bly and Cody, IMO. Dunno why, exactly, but there you are.

I was thinking of getting these two to back up Cody

Great set, and a great idea to do these two in one package! Hope to snag them one day!

IMG_1734.jpg

Anyone knows what those scuff marks on the side of the helmet are supposed to be/mean?

I said I was gonna pass like August of last year. Yep, they got here today. Hughly underated set. I'm super digging it. Now, just have to figure out how to display them.

Finally broke down to buy this set. Although how to display is the real issue.

Good choice! Phase I Helmets are imo the only way to go with these, as the Phase II don't match the show.

drawing it is not a problem... not sure how to make it a decal though
I have an idea. I really enjoyed watching B&W on TCW. Going to keep this as simple as possible:

1. Draw or have someone draw it for you. I'm horrible at this so I'm going to kindly ask a friend to doodle one for me with the draw something app on iPhone/iPad. The best sample images of the numa decal is posted above and also on Boil's ARF helmet.

2. Print it out, maybe on glossy paper (I think regular will do). I don't have B&W yet... but judging by the helmet size on my other clone troopers, the image should roughly be +/- 0.25 inches squared.

3. Stick the print out on thin double-sided tape (not the thick mounting tape). Cut carefully with an x-acto knife. Stick on helmet.

Again, this is all conceptual because I'm going to get Rex before B&W. I also fail in art/design/math :lol so I'm hoping it will turn out good. My only worry is that over time the tape MIGHT peel off the color of the helmet. Thoughts?

I was looking around the Sideshow website the other day and was surprised to see the EX version of this set still in stock so I placed an order and waited (im)patiently for there arrival. They arrived today and I am now wondering why I haven't picked up any clones before, this set is simply awesome and they fit in with my Hot Toys figures without looking cheap, now I need to get Commander Cody.

I need to get Commander Cody.

YES YOU DO. Cody by far is one of the best clones they have released to date in my opinion. The amount of accessories and the detail make him worth the SSC price. Plus the order 66 hand is something I wish all the commanders came with but don't tell that to my CW Kenobi who I have displayed with Cody W&B along with 2 more 221st troopers.

Back