Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fett gets here today but I won't be able to futz him until tomorrow. Not to worried about cutting the plastic, but the heating of the ab plate has me on edge a bit.

1. I'm going to sand the inside chest rivets down.
2. Carefully remove and peel up clear plastic piece.
3. Cut new custom shaped thinner flexible plastic piece.
4. Use a marker to mark the location of the rivets on the new shield.
5. Poke holes.
6. Push rivets through the plastic holes and apply a super glue drop on each rivet. Dry.
7. Enjoy

Am I crazy?

1. I'm going to sand the inside chest rivets down.
2. Carefully remove and peel up clear plastic piece.
3. Cut new custom shaped thinner flexible plastic piece.
4. Use a marker to mark the location of the rivets on the new shield.
5. Poke holes.
6. Push rivets through the plastic holes and apply a super glue drop on each rivet. Dry.
7. Enjoy

Am I crazy?

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH:cuckoo:
:rotfl:wave

I'm hoping to try this in the next few weeks.

I have a TT slim ready and waiting for his arrival! the only sideshow figures I have on their original body is Hammerhead and Gartogg... for obvious reasons haha. The prometheus hips are the killer for me, child bearing hips.

I have a TT slim ready and waiting for his arrival! the only sideshow figures I have on their original body is Hammerhead and Gartogg... for obvious reasons haha. The prometheus hips are the killer for me, child bearing hips.

I think the slim might be too small, im gunna use a narrow shoulder TT, problem with the slim is height and broadness in the shoulders

the height isn't really noticeable with a big helmeted character, as its only about half a cm shorter to begin with (I dont mind) still wondering about the shoulders, but I'm going for the lanky look like in some of the ESB moments, could pad the area under the jumpsuit where the shoulderpads lay on top of if he is too narrow

edit: also my highly scientific method of finding a full frontal pic from esb - where he is stood next to vader at bespin - and holding the tt slim up to the monitor and squinting with 1 eye while posing the body to match the screen pose, matched the stature well lol

Last edited:
FettVest.jpg

I borrowed Billy Ray's picture to show the cuts that I made to the clear plastic. Basically, I just outlined the plate on the back, and cut around them. I removed any excess plastic that I could, but didn't go out of my way to remove it all. I then applied the hot water treatment to bend the stomach plate and control the braids.

I don't have pix to share, but I was really happy with the results! The only thing that I might still do is drill new holes in the backpack armor to make it sit better in regard to the collar.

FettVest.jpg

I borrowed Billy Ray's picture to show the cuts that I made to the clear plastic. Basically, I just outlined the plate on the back, and cut around them. I removed any excess plastic that I could, but didn't go out of my way to remove it all. I then applied the hot water treatment to bend the stomach plate and control the braids.

I don't have pix to share, but I was really happy with the results! The only thing that I might still do is drill new holes in the backpack armor to make it sit better in regard to the collar.

Thats a smart idea - I'm gonna try that. Figure I can always trim it down further if need be

For those using scissors, are you finding the plastic backing easy to cut?

I didn't have too much time, but I started working on the armor mod this morning before work. I heated the armor with a blow dryer and managed to basically curve the plastic backing. Curving the front bottom piece of armor is proving to be a challenge. But just curving the clear backing made a world of difference already. I'll try and curve the front armor some more when I get home tonight, and cut the edges of the clear plastic.

One thing I did notice that was different from everyone else's pictures is that my vest has extra holes visible on the back, where they tried a couple of test holes first. So on the vest where that bottom armor piece sits there are two extra sets of holes for the top two rivets. Weird, huh? Luckily it's all out of sight. I'll take some pictures tonight.

Thanks! The plastic is pretty rigid, but I was able to use a small pair of very sharp scissors. There isn't a lot of room to work, so go slowly and make small cuts.

Hahaha no wonder there are no vests left on TA - I think I'll get it done without breaking it though!. Got an extra helmet from TA to paint white like a prototype, just for a random trinket in a dio or something

edit : actually doing a whole white prototype figure looks like a simple repaint..... tempting.. somebody do it!

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I just started cutting into my Boba vest, but not with small scissors or an x-acto. I'm using a pair of cuticle trimmers. They glide right along in tight corners and I don't have to worry about cutting into the vest since it's only the center of the trimmer that is sharp. Just a head up...

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I just started cutting into my Boba vest, but not with small scissors or an x-acto. I'm using a pair of cuticle trimmers. They glide right along in tight corners and I don't have to worry about cutting into the vest since it's only the center of the trimmer that is sharp. Just a head up...

what:horror?testicle trimmers??:horror
:rotfl never heard of this stuff

Back