Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd jump in....feels weird, not in a Vader thread and all...

I got in contact with Hurricane a while back about doing a Boba for me. Was never quite happy with the SSC one. When he could finally juggle the time, he started work on it for me, between working on his Vaders of course.

What we have here is a marmit bucket , painted in layers using the dented helmet templates and given a "real visor" cut from the same translucent plastic he had used on his own full scale bucket and many details added from photo's of the real prop from ESB.

And back again with more...this time...BODY!

Its a re-stitched and slightly altered Marmit body suit and neck seal on a TT slim body, real hair braids to replace the synthetic ones on the SSC figure. The body armour is SSC with the modification of a fully lit screen on the chest.

I was wondering if anyone had ever been insane enough to light the chest piece. And now I know....

Did you actually reduce the TDH templates to 1:6 stencils? If so I'd be interested in knowing how that's done.

Beautiful work. I'll be watching closely.

I am thinking of modifying the SSC Boba Fett too. Just a question as I am new in SSC 1/6 scale stuff. Is the Boba fett body similar to Hot Toys TT regular body? So the TT slim body looks better in it?

Saw this non-original slim body and wonder if it can fit the Boba Fett. It's a lot cheaper than the original Hot Toys TT body.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Ver-4-1-6-Narrow-Shoulder-Body-FOR-Hot-Toys-Muscular-Club-TTM21-Hitfigure/130964479180?_trksid=p2050601.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D207%26meid%3D5429020180920502174%26pid%3D100085%26prg%3D1112%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D321338498198%26%26clkid%3D5429022250057368108&_qi=RTM1562572#ht_3176wt_1055

Well Hurricane has done;

Clones
Chewie
Hoth Luke.
Bespin Luke
Dark empire Luke
Boba fett both versions
Darth maul
Anakin
Jango fett
Sand troopers
Biker scouts
Jawa
Tusken raiders
Snow troopers
Republic commando
Gamorean guard

And Shaak Tii

Over the years, a broad list hopefully with more to come at some point in the future

Doc

Re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Please guys, don't flame me... but I just took my boba out to futz with him and I want to mod him. Mainly the chest issue and another body. So my question is, what pages are the better mods on in this thread?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Please guys, don't flame me... but I just took my boba out to futz with him and I want to mod him. Mainly the chest issue and another body. So my question is, what pages are the better mods on in this thread?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Page 1 & 46 have the clearest photos of the chest mod

I picked up an Olympus PEN and decided to take a snap of Boba.

NQl49l4.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome stuff, Dr. Feelgood. Loving how the armor is coming along

I am thinking of modifying the SSC Boba Fett too. Just a question as I am new in SSC 1/6 scale stuff. Is the Boba fett body similar to Hot Toys TT regular body? So the TT slim body looks better in it?

Saw this non-original slim body and wonder if it can fit the Boba Fett. It's a lot cheaper than the original Hot Toys TT body.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Ver-4-1-6-Narrow-Shoulder-Body-FOR-Hot-Toys-Muscular-Club-TTM21-Hitfigure/130964479180?_trksid=p2050601.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D207%26meid%3D5429020180920502174%26pid%3D100085%26prg%3D1112%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D321338498198%26%26clkid%3D5429022250057368108&_qi=RTM1562572#ht_3176wt_1055

No, you don't want that. Thats a narrow shoulder, slims are different. There are some cheap slim substitutes on ebay that you can use though. Ill take a look for you when I get to my home computer.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

My one beef with the SSC version Fett - helmet seems too small....is it just me? Accurate or way off? And, anyone do customs for sale (assuming that's allowed now)

My one beef with the SSC version Fett - helmet seems too small....is it just me? Accurate or way off? And, anyone do customs for sale (assuming that's allowed now)
It's not so much the size, as it is the shape - completely wrong.

Then there's the colour scheme.. :lol

It don't think any body's given us the definitive version of fett helmet yet, the mod helps with the ssc version and the size is good, works well for medi jango to when swapped to a tt body, but yeah colours are wrong

Thought I'd jump in....feels weird, not in a Vader thread and all...

I got in contact with Hurricane a while back about doing a Boba for me. Was never quite happy with the SSC one. When he could finally juggle the time, he started work on it for me, between working on his Vaders of course.

What we have here is a marmit bucket , painted in layers using the dented helmet templates and given a "real visor" cut from the same translucent plastic he had used on his own full scale bucket and many details added from photo's of the real prop from ESB.

I painted my Bucket the same way, it´s a Medi helmet with Tomy earpieces and a custom visor, not a real one unfortunatly, couldn´t find the proper materials. Makes me wish I had seeing yours!

Back