Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine hit the doorstep on friday. Did cut off most of the plastic backing of the vest and water treated the braids.
I must say i'm not disappointed a bit by this Fett... granted it's my first ever purchase at that scale.

Mine hit the doorstep on friday. Did cut off most of the plastic backing of the vest and water treated the braids.
I must say i'm not disappointed a bit by this Fett... granted it's my first ever purchase at that scale.

Very nice! Did you get charged with all those wonderful VAT taxes and such?

Got it from a web retailer in Belgium. Cost me about €160 (about $205) all included. Would have been about the same from Sideshow direct with shipping fees only.

All in all, going the local route saved me about $40

I'm almost finished porting Fett over. I had some issues - SSC peg broke off in the boot, so that took some effort to get out.

For now, I've got the TT wrist pegs in there because the post I like doesn't show them. But I will start working on getting the SSC pegs in there soon.

My only real issue is the right gauntlet - I just don't get how people are getting it on without issues. When I put it over the jumpsuit on the forearm, you can see the gauntlet stretching, ready to pop open if forced any more.

So I guess I'm going to have to sand down the forearm. Do I need a rotary for this, and if paper will work well enough, what grit?

The bodies are very hard plastic, use a rotary tool if you have 1. I got my gauntlet on just fine though, if you hold the sleeve out stretched with a tweezer, and slot the gauntlet over the end of the tweezer up over the arm. If that doesn't work then maybe surgery is the best option lol. Is it a red skull body?

Last edited:
The bodies are very hard plastic, use a rotary tool if you have 1. I got my gauntlet on just fine though, if you hold the sleeve out stretched with a tweezer, and slot the gauntlet over the end of the tweezer up over the arm. If that doesn't work then maybe surgery is the best option lol. Is it a red skull body?

No, Sweeney Todd.

I slipped the tweezers through the gauntlet, grabbed the sleeve, then pulled the gauntlet on. But when the gauntlet was almost at the spot where I could fit a hand on the arm, it was stretching out.

There is something wrong with yours boba abs armor plate. did you use some hot water and went wrong?

Good eye. I dipped the vest in boiling water and must have put it too close to the pan's bottom. Was a bit annoyed first but it doen't look that bad after all.
I may try and find a spare vest and be more carefull with the futzing in the future though.

After playing with the braids and finishing my chest mod:

IMG_0837_zpsa8f30c33.jpg

Overhaul in progress, gonna repaint totally - so far have made a new vest (Armour is just double sided taped on atm, before painting) and flared the helmet out

IMG_0590.jpg

Will do a guide when I'm all done

I got nervous during the Yankees game and fussed with my Fett.

I put rubber bands around the sleeves and put the gauntlets back on giving a much more tailored look. One the rubber bands were removed it looked a lot better!

Back