Bmutha's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She came out gorgeous.

Nice collection my friend!

Many thanks!

Looks good, how much did those detofs cost you if you don't mind me asking?

The big unit on the right is a PAX. All in, including the lighting, the shelves, the doors, and the custom acrylic panels...maybe around $800 or so.

The tall skinny unit on the left is a besta with a modified vara door from ikea (I posted a 'how to' earlier in this thread, but ikea has changed up their product line recently...I'm not sure that the vara comes in this size anymore). I probably spent more than I needed to on this...it was the first run through, so there was some experimenting. I think you could get this setup done for around $200.

The bookshelves are expedits from ikea. I believe these units have been replaced by something called kallax, but they are nearly identical. These are about $50 each.

These are Canadian dollar amounts, so maybe a bit less in the US.

IMG_0754-001.JPG

Updated shot of the collection room. So many PO's coming in soon...where will they all go?

My House :wink1: Excellent Update and Pic my Friend, another Impressive Post, Bmutha

Al

Many thanks!

The big unit on the right is a PAX. All in, including the lighting, the shelves, the doors, and the custom acrylic panels...maybe around $800 or so.

The tall skinny unit on the left is a besta with a modified vara door from ikea (I posted a 'how to' earlier in this thread, but ikea has changed up their product line recently...I'm not sure that the vara comes in this size anymore). I probably spent more than I needed to on this...it was the first run through, so there was some experimenting. I think you could get this setup done for around $200.

The bookshelves are expedits from ikea. I believe these units have been replaced by something called kallax, but they are nearly identical. These are about $50 each.

These are Canadian dollar amounts, so maybe a bit less in the US.

The big unit or PAX as you call it, was that from ikea too?

Well, the recent Daredevil PF pre-order inspired me to pick up a piece that I have been considering off and on for quite some time. I don't normally collect busts, but I figured I'd make an exception for the Man Without Fear 9pretty much tied for my favorite character with Spider-Man). I am very impressed with this piece. I plan for this to be the centerpiece of my Daredevil display.

So, Here Comes Daredevil:

IMG_0825-001.JPG

IMG_0834-001.JPG

IMG_0835-001.JPG

IMG_0838-001.JPG

IMG_0839-001.JPG

IMG_0840-001.JPG

Continuing with the Daredevil theme, I managed to snag this beauty from a fellow Freak.

The Art Asylum Daredevil! I wasn't 100% sold on this piece, but I decided to go out on a limb and pick it up for a good price. I am sure glad I did, as it looks so much better in person. This piece is very stylized in the look of Joe Quesada's artwork, and is based on the cover of Daredevil Vol. 2 # 3.

Art Asylum did a very nice job replicating the cover in 3D form. It is very cool how the billy club cable wraps around the cross. I still don't love the face and mask sculpt on this one, but it is still pretty nice. The rest of the statue is beautifully done.

Enjoy:

Daredevil+v2+-+003+-+00+-+FC.jpg

IMG_0847-001.JPG

IMG_0848-001.JPG

IMG_0853-001.JPG

IMG_0855-001.JPG

Wow :horror awesome Bust Kris...massive congrats brother. Looks absolutely amazing :clap

The skin texture on the DD bust looks awesome

Great acquisitions bro ;)

Pretty sweet additions . Not a fan of busts either but DD looks pretty awesome I must admit.

Excellent Scores and Pic's, Bmutha on the DD Bust and the Cover Statue of DD, Excellent Posts my Friend

Al

Thanks, guys. I am pretty pleased with this DD bust. I am not going to run out and start collecting busts, but I am glad to have this one for my DD collection.

Here are some low quality teaser pics for my re-worked custom modern Thor. For those who haven't been following along, I bought the original comic Thor EX, it arrived damaged, UPS denied the insurance claim, and I was stuck with the damaged goods. I discovered a semi-local artist that had done a few of these Thor's before, and decided to make lemonade out of my lemon.

After the first go around, I decided to have the guy add some detailing to the helmet (re-worked the nose piece and added the 'V' line detail) and wrist guards (made them larger, gave them a smooth finish, and painted to match the shirt), and also do a re-work of the armor scales (the lines delineating the scales are thinner now, and the scales are a more consistent size/shape throughout).

I think it turned out pretty nicely. There are a few areas that I want to touch-up, and may attempt to do that on my own (some paint areas and some of the scales). These areas are mostly in largely hidden locations, so I'm not 100% sure I will work up the courage to do it.

At any rate, he looks pretty good as-is, and I definitely think it looks better than it did before. I will post some higher quality pics later, with some before and after comparisons.

photo+1-001.JPG

photo+2-001.JPG

photo+3.JPG

Last edited:
Back