Bloody Premium Format Spike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep! I was there at the convention and saw these. (This is where I first met James too!! :rock) FX Show (the convention where these were sold) bought "x" amount of the regular edition SS Premium Format Spike pieces and basically allowed James Marsters to customize them himself with "blood." As you pointed out, the paint had James' DNA in it. To my knowledge, it was never specified if the DNA came from his actual blood, hair, etc. I have the program for the convention and a more detailed description. If you want, I can look it up.

They were sold for the same retail price that SS originally sold them for.

1 sold on ebay not too long ago, i was eyeing it off, but in the end decided not too bid as i already have the ex pf and james marsters autograph a few times over.
The paint splatters wernt too impressive, basically looked like exactly that, just random splatters on a reg edition spike PF.

1 sold on ebay not too long ago, i was eyeing it off, but in the end decided not too bid as i already have the ex pf and james marsters autograph a few times over.

The paint splatters wernt too impressive, basically looked like exactly that, just random splatters on a reg edition spike PF.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. As you said, it looks like someone took a paint brush and shook it all over the piece.

The story behind the customization is interesting, so I can understand why people would buy it. However, for those of you who haven't seen it, it's not something that you see and say: "This looks amazing compared to the original. etc. etc." The big selling point is that James Marsters customized it himself, which definitely makes it a nice conversation piece.

Oh....well then never mind.

I wish I had a picture to show you. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with "the look" because some people may own one and love it, but it's not exactly a "full blown" customization in the truest sense. It's definitely a neat conversation piece, like I mentioned earlier, but that's about where "it ends" for me.

(I can already sense myself babbling at this point. :lol)

I guys you people don't want to hear about this James-fan I meet who drink from a unwashed cup when she's feeling down, a cup she once stole from James.

Because that's... No.

I have the program for the convention and a more detailed description. If you want, I can look it up.

Thanks, but I read the programme. It was pretty light on info. I saw a pic and it had splatter all over, actually making it look less attractive than before. But I think it had some extra on the lips, looking like Spike just had taken a sip, and that was a nice touch.

It sounds like something I would buy if I got a good price for it, but otherwise, nah. I think the vampire headsculpt look cooler than the human head that was used for these anyway.

EDIT -

Btw, do anyone know if these came with COA? Otherwise anyone can use red splatter and make one and sell for a high price.

Last edited:
I'm finding this 'DNA' bit had to believe I'm afraid. Does it actually mention that in the sales info the?

He could've just spit in the paint. Voila! Instant authentic James Marsters DNA-covered collectible.

I completely don't remember this! I wish we had a picture, I'm curious now.

Doesn't anyone remember this pulse-pounding publication from 1977, printed with REAL KISS BLOOD!!!

MSSP1_Kiss.png

The "DNA" bit was just someone being snitty. How DARE James charge over $200 for a signed, customized statue! (Uh, because that's what it sells for normally?) Greed! Ego! (Oh, c'mon, he's not even charging extra.) Just because he's handled it, so it's got his DNA in the paint? So then it got spread around that it had his DNA in the paint. I'll try to find the column. They also made a big deal out of the fact that, although he had a sign behind him in the huge autograph line that clearly said "No Customization" (which they didn't mention), one woman was in tears because he didn't customize her autograph, because she claimed that it was her birthday. The line was too long for that, and his hand, which he needed to play the guitar later, was hurting, so he was just signing his name. The whole article was about making James out to be a bad guy, but somehow their DNA crack got taken literally. I'll try to find the link.

Back