Bloody Premium Format Spike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "DNA" bit was just someone being snitty. How DARE James charge over $200 for a signed, customized statue! (Uh, because that's what it sells for normally?) Greed! Ego! (Oh, c'mon, he's not even charging extra.) Just because he's handled it, so it's got his DNA in the paint? So then it got spread around that it had his DNA in the paint. I'll try to find the column. They also made a big deal out of the fact that, although he had a sign behind him in the huge autograph line that clearly said "No Customization" (which they didn't mention), one woman was in tears because he didn't customize her autograph, because she claimed that it was her birthday. The line was too long for that, and his hand, which he needed to play the guitar later, was hurting, so he was just signing his name. The whole article was about making James out to be a bad guy, but somehow their DNA crack got taken literally. I'll try to find the link.

Yeah, I was there that day if you're referring to the FX Show. I can understand about the "No customization" policy on the autographs. Granted, I would have liked him to, but I respect his wishes. I will say though that he MORE than made up for it, when I got up there to meet him. I honestly think he would talk to his fans ALL day if he could. I asked him a few questions and he gave me these in-depth answers for all of them. (You could just tell that he cared is what I'm getting at.) The waiting line was huge, but he certainly gave his fans the "1-on-1 time" if they so chose.

So are saying his DNA was NOT incorporated into the "customized" red paint?

I found a pic

spike1.jpg

I found a pic

spike1.jpg

That looks stupid. If it was splattered over his clothes.. cool... or done in a way it looked like he was feasting on someone, but that looks like someone just threw red splotches of paint on him. DNA, SCHMNA... I could careless. No thanks! I'll stick with my AP Artist signed 6 of 6 Spike exclusive!

I think I would have liked the blood splatter to be more like in Fool For Love, when he had just eaten the slayer. Maybe a bit messier, but centered on his lower face, maybe a bit on the front of his shirt and hands.

Oh that's awful. I'm pretty sure my cat could do that. And since I have James' signature from conventions I am now no longer jealous. ;)

Wow $20! Ha poor bloody Spike no one thinks he's worth more :(

Also just on a side note I do hate the lettering they chose for Spike name on the PF, blech.

I agree, I never got why they choose that logo for so many different kinds of Spike merchandise. I get that it looks rebellious or whatever but it's just ugly, specially in that color, and would work better for a more cartoony looking figure.

Maybe painting the letters white would help.

I personally think it looks awful with the paint splatter.

I agree with you, Saya. I'm not too fond of this particular "variant." I think this is one of those pieces that if you were at the convention and picked one up, great. But if not, when you hear the story behind it, you kind of go, "Huh??" So I think that really hurts the value of this piece.

Back